Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling in Dublin in 2019: EA commission & other advice?

Options
  • 26-01-2019 7:37pm

I'm tentatively thinking about selling a residential house and looking at this 2009 thread on Estate Agents' commission charges.

What commission rate, and other costs, should one expect to pay an auctioneer for selling in 2019?

What estate agents would you recommend to sell a residential home in 2019 and why? Or is there a more cost-efficient way of selling one's house? (EA commissions seem like very handy money!)

Any other advice for doing this would be appreciated. Grma/Tks.

Edit: I tried to add a poll regarding commission rates similar to the 2009 poll but got "Bad Gateway" as an error message.

Comments

Also, I recall this house never having a 'For Sale' sign outside it but one afternoon there was a 'Sold' sign outside it. Is there any advantage in selling one's house this way, and how would one go about doing this?

What sort of EA would have potential purchasers on their books already?

• Administrators Posts: 53,825 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can sell it yourself if you're happy to do viewings and answer every tyre kicking phone call.

awec wrote: »
    You can sell it yourself if you're happy to do viewings and answer every tyre kicking phone call.

Can you advertise it on myhome or daft, or are only EAs allowed do that? Is there a website where people sell their own home? I vaguely recall there was one about 2010 & many of the ads were outdated on it by 2015.

There's a new online estate agent now, auctioneera or something like that. Fixed charge to sell your house, less than 2000 I think.
    I went to view a house they are selling, that's how I know.

Advertisement