Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micky Jackson in trouble again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The way I see it is one group believes Michael Jackson, and the others believes the kids.

I think you're missing the point of many posters. One group doggedly insists Jackson is guilty and are willing to scour any & all conspiracy sited to back up their blind belief.

Others are looking for some proof before condemning a man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The way I see it is one group believes Michael Jackson, and the others believes the kids.

I believe the kids. There’s plenty of reasons why Jacko comes across as extremely off, if he wasn’t so cool no kids would have been allowed near him.

Think about the world back in the 90s and early 00s. It was different. Being gay was taboo, completely. People still turned a blind eye against Child Abuse.

Imagine if you were one of these boys, and your parents said to you, let’s get rich! All you have to do is tell everyone Michael Jackson did ______ and _____ to you all those times you were staying over. Don’t worry about having to publically come out and say it!! You’ll just forever be associated with it, all your current and future friends knowing about it.

We’ll have 20 million dollars, be grand son!

No kid would admit to that without it being true.

You act like the kid would have a choice. :confused:

Either way, you don't have to imagine the fooked up repercussions of something like that, it happened.

The kid had to emancipate himself from his lunatic parents and had to go into hiding, probably for rest of his life.

Not before his father tried to kill him with a dumbbell and some mace.

That absolute Scumbag Wade Robson, legally threatened his sister if he didn't come back and participate in his bogus civil case.

Jordi Chandler certainly was a victim, not of Jackson but his fooked up parents.

BBFAN wrote: »
    Thoughts on what? That the juror believed the families motives weren't pure?

No. The Juror believed the whole thing was bogus and no molestation took place and it was all a ruse by the mother.

You were having a go at a poster for having a similar opinion.

That is the opinion of someone who set through the 16 weeks of the trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I think you're missing the point of many posters. One group doggedly insists Jackson is guilty and are willing to scour any & all conspiracy sited to back up their blind belief.

Others are looking for some proof before condemning a man

I guess the other group considers that there is proof. People judge things by their own experiences and judgements so we’re all literally never going to agree.

I know nothing about Michael Jackson, I don’t even know why I’m caught up I n this thread. Off work sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sadly the last few pro Michael posts have been more unverified “facts”. I’d just urge people who are unsure to look at the actual facts and not unsubstantiated jargon from pro Michael propagandists. One opportune family.. maybe. To the extent that are accusing him? It simply doesn’t happen. Ask yourself why most other popstars of that time didn’t find themselves subject to improper allegations. Why was it the man who openly shared his bed with little boys and found the act beautiful? That should at least lead you to the answer.
    The pro side are relying on opinions and liars. The rest of us rely on facts and the word of Michael himself,his lawyer, and the boys in question; ergo most of the people involved and privy to the facts. You’d have to wonder what type of person would openly defend someone who has an obvious interest in little boys. But as the saying goes there’s nowt as queer as folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Boggles wrote: »
    You act like the kid would have a choice. :confused:

Either way, you don't have to imagine the fooked up repercussions of something like that, it happened.

The kid had to emancipate himself from his lunatic parents and had to go into hiding, probably for rest of his life.

Not before his father tried to kill him with a dumbbell and some mace.

That absolute Scumbag Wade Robson, legally threatened his sister if he didn't come back and participate in his bogus civil case.

Jordi Chandler certainly was a victim, not of Jackson but his fooked up parents.

If it was true, the child would have needed huge convincing to get the strength to take this to court. And when he lost he probably felt let down by his parents, and humiliated publicly too. This was a time when we were unaware of the abuse that was being covered up, we now know about the likes of the two Corey’s.

Sadly the last few pro Michael posts have been more inverified “facts”.

I have no idea what an "inverified" fact is.

But you have unashamedly based all your evidence on links from lunatic fringe conspiracy sites.

Are you for fooking real?

But you have unashamedly based all your evidence on links from lunatic fringe conspiracy sites.

The only conspiracy site I’ve consulted on this thread is a pro Michael one. If you can provide proof of ANY other conspiracy site I’ve referenced, please do. The floor is yours.

If it was true, the child would have needed huge convincing to get the strength to take this to court. And when he lost he probably felt let down by his parents, and humiliated publicly too.

Sorry what?

I'm taking about the Chandlers, it didn't go to court.

The only conspiracy site I’ve consulted on this thread is a pro Michael one. If you can provide proof of ANY other conspiracy site I’ve referenced, please do. The floor is yours.

10 seconds.

• Advertisement

Also quite rich coming from someone whose link was sourced at “mjtruthnow.wordpress.com”
    :pac:

Also quite rich coming from someone whose link was sourced at “mjtruthnow.wordpress.com”
    :pac:

Rich?

Rich would be to deny it.

10 seconds.

Yeah that’s not a conspiracy site. They verify all their facts and reference them annotations throughout which link to published facts. Sheeesh.

Rich?

Rich would be to deny it.

Well at least you’re admitting to talking out your arse. That’s something.

I respect the law. Like the rugby players in the North he was found not guilty. Like the rugby players in the North legally he's entitled to the presumption of innocence. He is not getting what the law says he should get here.

I have put my views on the table. I don't believe a man should be labeled a paedophile without proof. No one has posted any proof. A court of law couldn't prove it I don't see how anyone here thinks they can prove it

more wish wash so- I thought so. you can't answer my question- just more smoke and mirrors like a lot of idiots in AH when they really have nothing to say- thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

One opportune family

Two families, 1993 and 2005
    Why was it the man who openly shared his bed with little boys and found the act beautiful?

This has been done to death. It's completely inappropriate, though not on it's own criminal, behaviour.

It astonishes me that you people think that reasonable parents would allow their kids to attend sleepovers at Neverland. I sure wouldn't allow my kids to.

I guess the other group considers that there is proof. People judge things by their own experiences and judgements so we’re all literally never going to agree.

Here's the thing. A jury heard the real evidence. They didn't feed off conspiracy sites. Just the real evidence. They saw Jackson, the kid & the parents up close every day. They heard their evidence. They heard all of this and found him not guilty. They have gone further and stated that they believed him innocent rather than just reasonable doubt. They have gone on record saying that they believe that the parents & the child concocted the whole story for financial gain.

While you are entitled to your opinion I don't get how you feel that you know more & know better than the jury. You did not sit in court hearing the evidence every day. You did not see Jackson or the family daily. You didn't see them give evidence. Yet you feel that you know more & better than them.

I believe in our laws. He was tried & found not guilty. Under Irish law, UK law & US law he is entitled to the presumption of innocence. I am giving him the presumption of innocence the law says he has until someone proves otherwise.

We are out of the US jurisdiction so we can post as we please. If it were an Irish case or the rugby case we were discussing in such a way the thread would have been shut down days ago and many posters would have been carded or banned.

It's a big thing label someone cleared in court a paedophile afterwards

8-10 wrote: »
    It astonishes me that you people think that reasonable parents would allow their kids to attend sleepovers at Neverland. I sure wouldn't allow my kids to.

Why not?
    Two families, 1993 and 2005.

You might need to re-read my sentence there.

Why not?

Do you have kids?

Do you seriously think a good answer to maybe having them sleepover, potentially in the same bed as a grown man, in a situation where you are not present is to say "why not?"

You don't think there's anything unusual with that?? You think we should all be ok with grown men sleeping in bed with children they're not related to? Honestly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I see I missed a cracking argument there :D

Obsessive Michael Jackson fans are a whole other level of crazy. There's something missing in your life if you display that level of devotion to a complete stranger!

Actually there’s not more like I’ve been drinking since 11am.

Do you have kids?

Do you seriously think a good answer to maybe having them sleepover, potentially in the same bed as a grown man, in a situation where you are not present is to say "why not?"

You don't think there's anything unusual with that?? You think we should all be ok with grown men sleeping in bed with children we're not related to? Honestly?

*woooosh

tenor.gif?itemid=7720100

more wish wash so- I thought so. you can't answer my question- just more smoke and mirrors like a lot of idiots in AH when they really have nothing to say- thanks.

I've answered several times now. I respect the law. The law states Jackson has the presumption of innocence. I wouldn't call him a paedophile no more than I'd call someone in Ireland found not guilty of rape a rapist.

If someone comes up with proof I'm happy to condemn Jackson. The DPP found no evidence in 1993 & provided no proof in the 2004 trial so it's unlikely any genuine proof will ever suffice. I think the best you could hope for is for Culkin to speak out negatively about Jackson. He hasn't condemned the movie yet so it might happen.

*woooosh

You're gonna have to be clearer than that mate. I asked you if you think it's reasonable or rational to let your kids into that situation, and you're reaction is "why not?"

That's not an answer unless you seriously think it's completely normal behaviour. What is your opinion?

You're gonna have to be clearer than that mate. I asked you if you think it's reasonable or rational to let your kids into that situation, and you're reaction is "why not?"

That's not an answer unless you seriously think it's completely normal behaviour. What is your opinion?

No of course not. But you’re staunchly defending someone who saw it as normal behaviour. Soooo there’s that.
    You’ve just been double bluffed, in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I've answered several times now. I respect the law. The law states Jackson has the presumption of innocence. I wouldn't call him a paedophile no more than I'd call someone in Ireland found not guilty of rape a rapist.

If someone comes up with proof I'm happy to condemn Jackson. The DPP found no evidence in 1993 & provided no proof in the 2004 trial so it's unlikely any genuine proof will ever suffice. I think the best you could hope for is for Culkin to speak out negatively about Jackson. He hasn't condemned the movie yet so it might happen.

So if Larry Murphy was found not guilty tomorrow you'd totally respect that and think he's a totally innocent man?

You genuinely believe that no-one ever gets away with a crime? Nah, you're not that naïve and don't pretend to be.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote:

The answer is definitely not. These parents were money grabbers. They put the possibility of 15 minutes of fame for them & their kids ahead of their children's safety. This does not make Jackson guilty but it's horrible parenting to risk your child like that with any adult. Some of these kids should have been removed from their parents.

No of course not. But you’re staunchly defending someone who saw it as normal behaviour. Soooo there’s that.
    You’ve just been double bluffed, in other words.

How have I staunchly defended him? I've been clear that he engaged in very questionable and inappropriate behaviour.

I am completely open, as I've mentioned multiple times, to believing something happened if presented with the evidence. I fully believe the Jordy Chandler and Gavin Arviso cases were extortions for money brought about by parents, and I have been sceptical up to now on Wade Robson's accusations. I'm holding judgement on Wade until seeing the documentary and I think it's unfortunate for any genuine victim who may exist that false accusations have happened in the past.

What's the double bluff? You're the one who doesn't seem to believe that the parents were pushing forward false accusations in 1993 and 2005?

The answer is definitely not. These parents were money grabbers. They put the possibility of 15 minutes of fame for them & their kids ahead of their children's safety. This does not make Jackson guilty but it's horrible parenting to risk your child like that with any adult. Some of these kids should have been removed from their parents.

Right....this is the point. If we all agree that no parent in their right mind would leave their kids in that sort of situation.....then what else could their motivation have been given that they definitely allowed it to happen......? Either it's a reasonable thing to do or there's something more sinister behind allowing it, you don't just innocently send your kids into situations like that

BBFAN wrote:
    So if Larry Murphy was found not guilty tomorrow you'd totally respect that and think he's a totally innocent man?

Do you understand what presumption is? Because someone legally has the presumption of innocence the law says I should treat them as an innocent person. Yes I would do that. The law doesn't say that I have to "think" he is innocent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Do you understand what presumption is? Because someone legally has the presumption of innocence the law says I should treat them as an innocent person. Yes I would do that. The law doesn't say that I have to "think" he is innocent though.

Talk about gymnastics. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Right....this is the point. If we all agree that no parent in their right mind would leave their kids in that sort of situation.....then what else could their motivation have been given that they definitely allowed it to happen......? Either it's a reasonable thing to do or there's something more sinister behind allowing it, you don't just innocently send your kids into situations like that

Because it’s entirely possible that his parents were money grabbers who didn’t care about his welfare and he was abused.
    Think about it maybe. And maybe google some statistics and facts about the type of children who predators seek out while you’re at it.

8-10 wrote:

People want fame. These parents wanted their kids photograph in the tabloids beside Jackson. Some felt it gave them some fame and others I believe thought "there could be a book in this"..

They definitely didn't put their child's safety first

Because it’s entirely possible that his parents were money grabbers who didn’t care about his welfare and he was abused.
    Think about it maybe. And maybe google some statistics and facts about the type of children who predators seek out while you’re at it.

I agree in a generic scenario that is completely possible. But we agree that in these cases the parents were money grabbers at least.

I just don't believe either account, Jordy's is less straightforward as Gavin's was a complete ****show but even then his actions since the trial and the way that he initially revealed to his father that abuse happened just don't make it sound plausible.

As I said I think based on documentary alone R Kelly is probably guilty of multiple felonies with minors, let's see if this documentary is the same, if it is I'm happy to change my mind

BBFAN wrote:
    Talk about gymnastics.

You are the one who used the word "think". Why I don't know because the presumption of innocence has nothing to do with "think"

Jackson was found not guilty. The jury say that they believe him to be innocent. Their words not mine. They also said that the parents bringing the false claims was to do with money. If the jury who heard the evidence feels this way, who am I to say they are wrong. No further evidence has been made since. If it was I'd be happy to look at it & condemn him if it was strong evidence.

I can't condemn a man without evidence.

But we agree that in these cases the parents were money grabbers at least.

They were far more than that.

Evan Chandler was almost certainly a psychopath.

As I said I think based on documentary alone R Kelly is probably guilty of multiple felonies with minors, let's see if this documentary is the same, if it is I'm happy to change my mind

There’s a lot of parallels between Kelly’s case and that of MJ. What makes you believe Kelly is guilty and Michael not? Are you aware that a lot of Kelly’s alleged victims have come out and stated that they are in a consensual relationship with the singer and are free to come and go as they please? What makes you believe one word of mouth allegation over another? Kelly was acquitted of the charges against him too.. wasn’t he?....

It’s worth adding that I believe all the allegations against Kelly, and it’s clear his victims are still in the throes of the grooming process and all rationality has been put on pause while he subjects them to domination and abuse, so the extent they don’t even realise it’s happening. Do you not think the same could be said for Michael’s victims and those who are now coming forward after defending him in the past? Do you realise how powerful the grooming process is? Is it just the fact these abused boys happened to come from unfortunate backgrounds that makes you disbelieve their stories?

Most victims don’t even report when they’ve been raped, such is the trauma and embarrassment and shame, coupled with being up against a system that is designed to go against you, while you have to sit there and have every part of your body dissected and analysed, and passed around to the jury to scrutinise. Nobody, and I mean nobody, in their right mind would come out and announce to the world that they had been abused and violated in the most horrendous of ways, let alone when they were a child. It’s also worth noting it’s even rarer that male victims come forward, let alone heterosexual males who have been abused by another male. I think you need to ask yourself why you think so badly of these people that they would lie and make this up for a quick buck (added that they’re not getting paid for the documentary)

However I can’t blame them for wanting to be compensated for their trauma in some way, shape or form. Sure what was $23m to him anyway? Even Michael himself, billionaire humble bragger, said it was “very very small”.

There’s a lot of parallels between Kelly’s case and that of MJ. What makes you believe Kelly is guilty and Michael not? Are you aware that a lot of Kelly’s alleged victims have come out and stated that they are in a consensual relationship with the singer and are free to come and go as they please? What makes you believe one word of mouth allegation over another? Kelly was acquitted of the charges against him too.. wasn’t he?....

Yep, child pornography charges, his defensive was that it wasn’t him in the video. But it’s not the child porn, it’s the relationships with minors that seemed to me from the documentary to be true. You have someone claiming they falsified Aliyah’s age on the wedding cert when she was 15 for example.

You might be right, R Kelly might be completely innocent and refrains from consensual relationships before they come of age. Wasn’t the impression I got but I definitely believed some of the accusers. I know a lot more about Michael Jackson’s 2 trials than I do about Robert Kelly though and in those cases I don’t believe the accusers primarily because of the circumstances around them mainly being motivations of the parents, timing of them having happened (after the FBI are already looking at him?) and events after both trials.

I’m surprised that people find Chandler and Arviso’s accusations as truthful and if somebody wants to give me more context on Kelly’s accusers and why I am naïve in believing them I’m open to you telling me. I accept the documentary is likely biased but in both cases I can just go with what I know about both and my feeling is Kelly is likely guilty and Michael could be but the obviously false Chandler and Arviso accusations make it harder to believe unless some credible case comes forward

You might be right, R Kelly might be completely innocent

To be fair, I never said this. And I never said you were naive for believing Kelly’s victims. I think it’s clear to all that he’s a perverted POS.
    I was just turning the situation on it’s head for a moment and wondering why you were willing to believe one documentary over another, especially when there are many parallels between the two cases.
    Just giving you some food for thought, is all.

To be fair, I never said this. And I never said you were naive for believing Kelly’s victims. I think it’s clear to all that he’s a perverted POS.
    I was just turning the situation on it’s head for a moment and wondering why you were willing to believe one documentary over another, especially when there are many parallels between the two cases.
    Just giving you some food for thought, is all.

No sorry I know you didn't I mean you might be right that I did the same thing and made an opinion just in a documentary

I haven't seen the MJ one yet in fairness and I've said multiple times I'm open to changing my mind.

[Nobody, and I mean nobody, in their right mind would come out and announce to the world that they had been abused and violated in the most horrendous of ways, let alone when they were a child.

Indeed.

The majority of false child sex abuse allegations originate from a parent.

• Advertisement

Indeed.

The majority of false child sex abuse allegations originate from a parent.

I think I read something along those lines before yes, usually a parent to parent allegation however, and usually as a consequence of a custody dispute. Unless I’ve taken your post up wrong.

Incidentally, false allegations on the whole are incredibly rare (I think between 2-9%) and it’s a fact that you are more likely to be a victim of sexual abuse than be falsely accused of sexual abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I haven’t watched the film and only know what has been posted but is there incontrovertible evidence that substantiate their allegations. Something very off seeing as a deceased person nor his estate can sue for defamation.

It could cause severe financial damages for his kids if because of this film MJ revenue could diminish significantly. Now if there is corroborating evidence fair play but if not I think it is unjust. Why wait 20 years? Why not take a case when his estate was being settled and before distribution.

Are the dead fair game to throw mud at without being able to defend themselves. If it was my family and 20 years after they died someone decided to release anfilm making allegations and there is nothing I could do, then it would be sickening.

Now if they can back it up then the truth should be heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

10 Years after his death, not 20.

False posthumous allegations of child sex abuse are becoming more common. Just look at the Westminster scandal, where they were proven to be untrue, where the guy who accused multiple 80's politicians of being part of a paedo ring, and one who is still alive where it ruined his life, is now in prison for those false allegations.

Edit: oh the amount of ppl who so wanted to believe it to be true.

I think I read something along those lines before yes, usually a parent to parent allegation however, and usually as a consequence of a custody dispute. Unless I’ve taken your post up wrong.

Prevalent in custody and divorce cases but by no means exclusive to them.

Incidentally in Janet Arvizo's divorce proceedings against her ex husband, she claimed he sexual abused their daughter.
    Incidentally, false allegations on the whole are incredibly rare (I think between 2-9%)

That figure fluctuates widely, depending on the decade and country.

But there are studies which suggest up to 1 in 10 are indeed fake.
    it’s a fact that you are more likely to be a victim of sexual abuse than be falsely accused of sexual abuse.

I think I know what you mean there.

The problem is though, if you are falsely accused and then completely exonerated, the stench of the allegations can never really be washed clean from that person.

This Thread = Proof :)

The problem is though, if you are falsely accused and then completely exonerated, the stench of the allegations can never really be washed clean from that person.

This Thread = Proof :)

An acquittal means nothing more than not enough evidence to prove a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. It does not mean a crime didn’t occur and it does not mean the allegations were false. Surely you know that? Like I said to you earlier, if you have proof those allegations were false then you need to compile that proof in a document and forward it on to those who matter.

The content of this thread is proof of why reporting rates of abuse are so low, nothing more and nothing less. And after reading it I can’t say I’d blame them.

An acquittal means nothing more than not enough evidence to prove a crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

Paulina Coccoz - Juror in Trial.
    It was pretty obvious that there was no molestation done,” she said. “It was pretty obvious that there were ulterior motives on behalf of the family. And the mother, she orchestrated the whole thing…. But there wasn’t a shred of evidence that was able to show us or give us any doubt in voting guilty. It was pretty obvious there was no other way to vote other than not guilty

This was about a "reasonable doubt", there was no doubt.

Yeah yeah you’ve posted that about a million times now. And proof all the other allegations are false?

Yeah yeah you’ve posted that about a million times now.

I posted it twice. :pac:

I have a feeling you are the sort that believe that all men are guilty of something, even if they haven't been accused.

Good luck with that, I have no interest in engaging anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

An acquittal means nothing more than not enough evidence to prove a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. It does not mean a crime didn’t occur and it does not mean the allegations were false. Surely you know that? Like I said to you earlier, if you have proof those allegations were false then you need to compile that proof in a document and forward it on to those who matter.

An acquittal also doesn't mean that there is some truth to it. It can still be 100% false. Just like it can be 100% true. Or a bit of both. But as you said, not enough to get a prosecution beyond reasonable doubt. There was reasonable doubt, there will always be reasonable doubt imo unless there is some physical evidence, such as semen, pictures, videos or in some cases written messages (physical or digital).

From my experience, most sexual cases are won or lost on the physical evidence. You can't even count on someones memory anymore, so their word is literally just a series of letters that either line up, or not, with the physical evidence. That's why there will never be a prosecution in a 'he said, she said' case.

It does seem a bit suss that this is coming out after he is dead, but should that matter? Just because he's dead doesn't mean his victims can come out now. Yeah, makes it harder to prove he didn't, but from what I can recall he wouldn't have been mentally sound to be able to defend himself/give evidence.

• Advertisement

An acquittal also doesn't mean that there is some truth to it. It can still be 100% false. Just like it can be 100% true.

Yes but usually you have to prove an allegation was false in order to confidently state it as such.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement