Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Dimplex heater elements be replaced

Options
  • 27-01-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭

Have a Dimplex Heater for the last 2 years and it was used very regularly during the cold last year! So last week it gave up the ghost- it still whirrs when its plugged in but theres just no heat coming out of it, like the element inside is dead. Does anyone know can these be replaced because a new Dimplex is very expensive?

Failing that, can anyone recommened a decent heater for the living room that wont break the bank, preferably a fan based one as the oil heaters I find useless. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Dimplex did have replacement elements in the past. Wholesalers carried them. Worth a call to them

I have replaced them before, but in storage heaters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Have a Dimplex Heater for the last 2 years and it was used very regularly during the cold last year! So last week it gave up the ghost- it still whirrs when its plugged in but theres just no heat coming out of it, like the element inside is dead. Does anyone know can these be replaced because a new Dimplex is very expensive?

Failing that, can anyone recommened a decent heater for the living room that wont break the bank, preferably a fan based one as the oil heaters I find useless. Thanks.

On some panel heaters there’s a high limit/overheat stat that has to be manually reset. Usually at the rear(you shouldn’t have to remove anything to access it

Advertisement