Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building work at Green area in front of Bus/Railway staion ?

• 27-01-2019 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

I noticed yesterday that a large amount of Topsoil has been taken off a large part of the green triangle area at the start of Hyde Road.
    I heard the Council were proposing a car park here. It's a shame to see such a lovely green area be turned into a car park.
    Who would park there anyway?
    The local shops say it's no good to them as too far away. I can't see people dropping off bus or rail passengers there as people like to be dropped closer. If parking to go to town wouldn't the many, rarely full, multi-storey car parks do.
    No doubt this work will cost a lot and that money could have been spent on improving the cycling infrastructure in Limerick. We need to discourage cars from coming into the City and parking. Great improvements have been made in Seville, Spain, Lisbon etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The little wooden crosses on it were very spooky in the dark last night as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Have a look in the Limerick improvement projects thread. It's being discussed in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Thanks, I'll have a look and may delete this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I dodn't know how to delete this thread. Maybe the Moderator might do so as this topic is well covered already on another thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭LeoD

Have a look in the Limerick improvement projects thread. It's being discussed in there.

The irony... :D

• Advertisement

LeoD wrote: »
    The irony... :D

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

Who would park there anyway?

Indeed, who would park by a bus or train station...???

Sigh...

g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭LeoD

????

Digging up a green area to provide yet more on-street car parking - an improvement..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

godfrey wrote: »
    Indeed, who would park by a bus or train station...???

Sigh...

g

Irish rail has ample space to provide car parking facilities. This is Limerick Council short term parking. You won't be using it if you're getting the train or bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

I don't understand the outrage here. I've rarely if ever seen that space utilised , for anything much really. The people's park is right beside it, what's the big problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mart 23

Its local election time.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

tototoe wrote: »
    I don't understand the outrage here. I've rarely if ever seen that space utilised , for anything much really. The people's park is right beside it, what's the big problem?

What about front lawns? Not used much either...

damowill wrote: »
    What about front lawns? Not used much either...

That's why people pave over them so they can park their cars.........

Advertisement