Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Trees still up in city centre

Options
  • 27-01-2019 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is it strange that the large Christmas Trees in Patrick Street and by the courthouse (and perhaps other places) are still in place on 27th January?
    The other decorations are long gone why not these?

At what point do dead trees erected in city centres become a health and safety issue? Surprised none of them tipped over in the strong winds last night.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

It's not just the council or whoever's responsibility it is to remove theses things being slow. I was in Gloria Jeans in the Savoy this week and they were still playing Christmas music!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrpdap

thejuggler wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it strange that the large Christmas Trees in Patrick Street and by the courthouse (and perhaps other places) are still in place on 27th January?
    The other decorations are long gone why not these?

At what point do dead trees erected in city centres become a health and safety issue? Surprised none of them tipped over in the strong winds last night.
    There’s also one on the Coal Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Laziness and a don't care attitude on the part of the Council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They're all very interested in the city & county changes at the moment. All focus is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PreCocious

pwurple wrote: »
    They're all very interested in the city & county changes at the moment. All focus is there.

The Roads Closure list circulated last Friday has Christmas Tree and Lights removal scheduled on a few days this week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement