Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goat anyone ?

Options
  • 27-01-2019 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

I watched this on BBC yesterday and it looked really delicious. I've never eaten goat so I'm looking for your valued opinions ;)
    What's it like, is it easy to cook, where can I buy it ??? Do you think lamb might work for this recipe ?

https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/jerk_spiced_rack_of_goat_95675

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

jos28 wrote: »
    I watched this on BBC yesterday and it looked really delicious. I've never eaten goat so I'm looking for your valued opinions ;)
    What's it like, is it easy to cook, where can I buy it ??? Do you think lamb might work for this recipe ?

Yea it’s the greatest off all time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I love goat. I get mine from the same guy who supplies my eggs. Oldcourt Hill Farm in Ballycullen, if you're in Dublin. He doesn't always have it, though, as he only keeps a very small herd and sends to slaughter twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi OP - yeah, Lamb would be an acceptable substitute in that recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Lamb would work fine but I would personally use hoggat or mutton as the replacement again it’s not always easy to fine mutton but you should be able to source hoggat easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

On the above, not being a bitch but just in case the OP wants to search for it, it's hogget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

If you're in Dublin theres a crew at the templebar market on the weekend that sells goat

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'd love to try carribean curry goat.
    It's a tough meat, so takes a lot of slow cooking, from what i hear

Advertisement