Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP: EIR refusing to allow landline number(voip) to another provider.

• 27-01-2019 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there .... need help to keep my landline number.

After contract end we wished to move to another provider. However we were not permitted to move our landline number over. Only reason given is it is a VOIP number.

This seems crazy as most providers now use VOIP services.

We really need to keep the number as we have a family member in poor health and all his appointments are done through the landline. So many different departments have that number we cannot change it.

Any help would be most appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That would be your other providers issue as I'm guessing they are trying to do it as a PSTN line.
    VOIP numbers are not physical ports in the exchange so can only be used as VOIP unless the number originally came from that exchange then there may be a possibility to move it to PSTN again (I say maybe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi there .... need help to keep my landline number.

After contract end we wished to move to another provider. However we were not permitted to move our landline number over. Only reason given is it is a VOIP number.

This seems crazy as most providers now use VOIP services.

We really need to keep the number as we have a family member in poor health and all his appointments are done through the landline. So many different departments have that number we cannot change it.

Any help would be most appreciated.
    Thanks
    Hi Frankie4455, 

Were you able to get this resolved since posting? 

If not, could you PM the following details?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement