Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lios67

Ray in that interview before 4 sounded like an imbecile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

What was the point of the random chat to the granny?! Lovely lady and all but where was the punch line?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    What was the point of the random chat to the granny?! Lovely lady and all but where was the punch line?!

Isn't that what pretty much defines the entire Ray D'Arsey (sh1t) show?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id say every fashion designer in the country is dead jealous of how much free advertising RTE gives to Courtney and Lennon for their clothes and shows. They are allowed on RTE anytime they like to basically get free advertising for whatever private businesses theyve got on the go, no-one else gets that privledge. Its pretty easy to run a successful business when the national broadcaster is giving you free 10 minute slots to advertise it every couple of months.

Just a paid advertisement by Dunnes Stores

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

so so bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A fire engine enthusiast. Duffy will be raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Just not having a good day of it today is he?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Just not having a good day of it today is he?!

Today..... This is every day. How long is he broadcasting? I know he can't control broadband connections but lord jesus he is going to the news about 300 days a year at 4pm and still can't get it right

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He's as arkward as a new hoor.

Could listen for ages to John Creedon with his in-depth knowledge of Irish places names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Could listen for ages to John Creedon with his in-depth knowledge of Irish places names.

An excellent broadcaster. They are like chalk and cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lios67 wrote: »
    Ray in that interview before 4 sounded like an imbecile

You new here?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

What really annoys me is that I am compelled to contribute to his wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,825 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

so so bad

You’ll need to be a bit more specific caller. That’s statement while true covers a lot of ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Having a go at the unionists over their stance on gay people.

He never brings it up when he has muslin reps on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Right at the end of Liveline he played the Waltons theme..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭leath_dub

How is he let loose in a studio on his own. Bringing incompetence to an art form!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

It takes a special class of boob to manage to pollute someone else's show with their editorial and technical incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

epic. hes some man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I wonder is it on purpose at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭avfc1874

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I wonder is it on purpose at this stage?

I reckon that the rest of the people in the studio are sick of how useless and preachy he is and enjoy seeing him make a fool of himself.
    Yea ray the big red button that says don't push, push it if you want.
    What could go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Gob****e couldn’t read out 8 names. Then didn’t know who he forgot. Tadgh F.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

He thinks he funny with this Bob voice clip. Jesus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I Keep telling you guys………..hairdresser radio…. background mince…. there you go.

“Who won the meat raffle in the local after 10 o’clock Mass.

That’s all the lad is able for….. bet he knew poor Nick Kamen popped his clogs today.

Not up to anything serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I Keep telling you guys………..hairdresser radio…. background mince…. there you go.

“Who won the meat raffle in the local after 10 o’clock Mass.

That’s all the lad is able for….. bet he knew poor Nick Kamen popped his clogs today.

Not up to anything serious.

Still, he's grossly overpaid and if he was got rid of he wouldn't be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Still, he's grossly overpaid and if he was got rid of he wouldn't be missed.

There is absolutely no justification for his wages, you could argue numbers but this is RTE the national broadcaster.

You could put anyone in this slot and they would do similar numbers I am sure of it.

jk23 wrote: »
    You could put anyone in this slot and they would do similar numbers I am sure of it.
    He has about 40, 000 more listeners than Mooney had (that figure relates to early 2020 – before Covid, which has probably provided a temporary additional increase).

People say things like this, but I wonder.

Tubridy has about 90k more listeners than John Murray/ Brendan O'Connor had.

These figures are more than a natural rise in listenership, although it would be nice to know the specific changes in market share.

Someone likes these programmes. I'm as perplexed as you are, but we here are a very small minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

He has about 40, 000 more listeners than Mooney had (that figure relates to early 2020 – before Covid, which has probably provided a temporary additional increase).

People say things like this, but I wonder.

Tubridy has about 90k more listeners than John Murray/ Brendan O'Connor had.

These figures are more than a natural rise in listenership, although it would be nice to know the specific changes in market share.

Someone likes these programmes. I'm as perplexed as you are, but we here are a very small minority.

That's true, I can't refute the figures but I would love to see Tubridy do a Pat Kenny and go to a private news station and see how many listeners he would bring in...

In fairness to Ray D, he was a success overall in Today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Believe it or not Ray....i cannot see you do this so its not very useful....at all

• Advertisement

Ray about to do an antigen test on-air.

The last time a broadcaster stuffed anything up his nose on-air was Gerry Ryan RIP

Advertisement