Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭leath_dub

This won't end well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Wonder will Ray announce if it came up positive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭archfi

Great tune!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Ray D'Arcy: "You feel a bit giddy after sticking something up your nose."
    Awkward pause as Ray's brain kicks into ear, then:
    Ray D'Arcy: "I've never done anything like that, of course"

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

Dya remember the time yer wan verbally abused Ray at the ploughing championships? Good Times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Had to laugh at yer man and his camper van conversion - a secondary school teacher (Dublin?) married to a nurse, started his van conversion in Jan and has it finished in April plus all YouTube videos and been in Fanore for a test. Next time you hear the union reps complaining about work loads and low pay, think of this chap....

Curiously camper vans are becoming the new unwelcome - clogging up & hogging coastal car parks at weekends. But Ray behind the curve in this as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Furze99 wrote: »
    Had to laugh at yer man and his camper van conversion - a secondary school teacher (Dublin?) married to a nurse, started his van conversion in Jan and has it finished in April plus all YouTube videos and been in Fanore for a test. Next time you hear the union reps complaining about work loads and low pay, think of this chap....

Curiously camper vans are becoming the new unwelcome - clogging up & hogging coastal car parks at weekends. But Ray behind the curve in this as usual.

Yeah was listening to that and thinking what a non story it was really; bloke buys a van, spends lots of time stripping it out and doing it up....and we care becaaaause?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,877 ✭✭✭✭elperello

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Yeah was listening to that and thinking what a non story it was really; bloke buys a van, spends lots of time stripping it out and doing it up....and we care becaaaause?!!

Actually there is a growing interest in that type of thing.

The hobby even has it's own forum on here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=884

It wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but the attraction of the open road is strong especially now post lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

elperello wrote: »
    Actually there is a growing interest in that type of thing.

The hobby even has it's own forum on here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=884

It wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but the attraction of the open road is strong especially now post lockdown.

Indeed. My daughter's fella gave up a good job over a year ago and is into this. He buys vans in the north and Clears them. He then finds a customer and builds it to their spec. It's going well for him.

I'll give that segment a listen during the week and send him the link.

Well done Ray, great start to the week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Well done Ray, great start to the week!

The sound of silence! Two cock ups with the buttons and the show hasn't seven started yet

For f#$k sake Ray!

Death, Taxes and Ray making a balls of the buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭avfc1874

He's a shocking interviewer. With the kildare goaly there's no context to the questions
    After his usual 1st question of age and how tall are you.
    He says something happened when you were 7 or 8 ?
    Your ma had her problems?
    Some thing happened when you were 11 or 12?
    He doesn't follow up on anything.
    Was she abused or neglected
    She seems like a nice person shame she's being interviewed by clamity ray

You can't spell "farcically" without using "ray"

I'm honestly intrigued at this stage. Like do they give him a crappy old studio with beat up slow equipment or something?! I catch a number of shows through the day on both Radio 1 and News talk and he's the only one that consistently fcuks up. He keeps blaming the 'technology' and seems disgruntled at times when trying (furious mouse clicking) and nothing happens?! Speaking of which, his is the only show that the background noise of him clicking the mouse or hitting buttons is a common occurrence. Personally at this stage I tend to listen just to hear what he c0cks up next, maybe he plays that character?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Speaking of which, his is the only show that the background noise of him clicking the mouse or hitting buttons is a common occurrence.

You mustn't listen to Liveline much. Joe scrolling away while grunting random "wow"s without even listening to what's being said by the callers. Siri (or whoever) even joins in on the conversation occasionally.

You mustn't listen to Liveline much. Joe scrolling away while grunting random "wow"s without even listening to what's being said by the callers. Siri (or whoever) even joins in on the conversation occasionally.

Everyday, but yeah you're right, he is known for it too. Scribbling sounds too. D'Arcy seems to have it to a fine art though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

• Advertisement

I have a feeling that dog poo/wheelchair story isnt very true Ray

bmorrissey wrote: »
    I have a feeling that dog poo/wheelchair story isnt very true Ray

How many times did he say 'pool of poo' in that story?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

How many times did he say 'pool of poo' in that story?!!

Who even calls it a pool of poo?

Is he too posh to say "Watch out for the dog s***e" to the person?

I really wondered about that story; he then started becoming concern'd the person'd think it was done by his dog & began to try explain it wasn't; so he says anyway.

Not wholly sure I was buying what he was selling.

Don't worry Ray; unlikely she was listening.

I would have called it sch'utter.... that'd sum it up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The luvvies all in good voice with Brenda BATTERING the mic in her usual terrible accent .

Reminds me of O’hEadhra the way he bathers the airwaves into submition.

Speak normally for fuhherke sake.

Tone it down,dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Brenda in for Ray. Missed beginning; is it only for 1 day? Or all week?

One thing; she never messed up a button press, got her timings right & Nuacht was on time.

Some of ye don't like her; I've heard her more on Championship Sunday with Marty in the Summer than when she was on with Gerry Ryan as I'd've been in Primary/National/Secondary School.

She seems to be RTEs go to; well it's between her & Kathryn Thomas; I'd much rather Brenda out of the other two any day but RTE've never given her a proper run at things; only filling in on days off, holidays etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Brenda in for Ray. Missed beginning; is it only for 1 day? Or all week?

One thing; she never messed up a button press, got her timings right & Nuacht was on time.

Some of ye don't like her; I've heard her more on Championship Sunday with Marty in the Summer than when she was on with Gerry Ryan as I'd've been in Primary/National/Secondary School.

She seems to be RTEs go to; well it's between her & Kathryn Thomas; I'd much rather Brenda out of the other two any day but RTE've never given her a proper run at things; only filling in on days off, holidays etc.

One day… ;)

She’s still living off Gerry Ryan.

Linda Martin and Ray D'Arcy in the same studio? God help us!

Ray seems to be getting someone else to work the buttons for him today. He was calling for the birdsong clip at the start. Have theygot an intern in for the summer? If so, a significant improvement in production values is to be expected

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Ray must be gone for a number 2.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Bohemian Rhapsody.

Ray must be gone for a number 2.

I’ll never be able to listen to Bohemian Rhapsody again without that mental image drifting into my mind :eek:

Advertisement