Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

this whole show is going to be Ray fake giggling isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Get the feeling Ray couldn’t give a fiddlers about either Bob Dylan or Christy Moore but is doing it because he’s been told to...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,877 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Get the feeling Ray couldn’t give a fiddlers about either Bob Dylan or Christy Moore but is doing it because he’s been told to...

I don't know about, that after all RD and CM are townies. Both proud Newbridge men.

Now BD would be a different story, maybe Ray is not a big fan but he seemed to handle the birthday stuff professionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Was pleasantly surprised with how well Ray & Christy went today; as above musically I'd wager Brenda O'Donoghue's a bigger fan & like them both also a Kildare woman too; still think they should consider a job share.

I switch over to a local station at 4pm but I was wondering might D'Arcy try shoehorn in Pricewatch at the end just so Nuacht'd run late; quietly impressed he didn't.

Probably down to time constraints but there was mention of a protest song & Christy sung some bars of it but no mention of They Never Came Home about the Stardust; as I say probably down to time issues.

Made a change from his usual prattling on for first 15-20 minutes too; more of this kind of show please.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

elperello wrote: »
    I don't know about, that after all RD and CM are townies. Both proud Newbridge men.

Now BD would be a different story, maybe Ray is not a big fan but he seemed to handle the birthday stuff professionally.

Thought D’Arcey was Kildare Town mesell.

But hey, what would I know.

• Advertisement

Go on Dromineer.

Visit Dromineer, on the Lake Gardia of Ireland.

Go on Dromineer.

Visit Dromineer, on the Lake Gardia of Ireland.

Lake Garda, horse.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I like the self professed Friends 'superfan' on the show yesterday who didn't know how many seasons of Friends there was! :rolleyes:

Ray's choice of song today, Abba, 'money money money, must be funny, in the rich man's world'.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    I like the self professed Friends 'superfan' on the show yesterday who didn't know how many seasons of Friends there was! :rolleyes:

Ray's choice of song today, Abba, 'money money money, must be funny, in the rich man's world'.....

Has Ray ever played that song by the girlband whose name escapes me "Push the Button".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

This Jedward chap is not a drama queen says he!!!!!!!!!!

Notice the Beacon name drop as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I am having a good laugh here, if only the Late Late Show later on knew about humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was barely listening but could have sworn I just heard D'arcy giving about some job that pays 200k, he said 'its laughable'

Anyone know what he was on about? 200k is a lot cheaper than his 450k thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was barely listening but could have sworn I just heard D'arcy giving about some job that pays 200k, he said 'its laughable'

Anyone know what he was on about? 200k is a lot cheaper than his 450k thats for sure

He started the show today on the topic of not being able to access his bank account today and then later in the show when interviewing (if you'd call it that, more so a case of him cutting her short, interjecting and giving his own views) he was in disbelief that this young woman who 'wasn't even from here' would reject a well paying career in the health services and extra consultancy pay to follow something she's passionate about and take a risk.

Muahahaha wrote: »

It was a reference to funding for a pilot programme for foreign-language education in primary schools.

I actually thought he was mistaken, until I checked the funding allocation. They really are only giving the schools €200k (national total) to bring in language teachers.

They don't even need a pilot, languages were taught in schools 10 years ago and it was a success. The Department must be short on cash for the current year. Hopefully the scheme will be funded properly in 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭cozar

It needs to be renamed “The Ray Darcy afternoon cookery show”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Harry Crosbie - another citizen who's well got in RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just after turning the radio back on with Ray doing an interview, how bad is he

Ask question, keep saying yeah yeah yeah while been answered and finishing their sentences then asking another question before they've finished answering

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

LOL

absolute clown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

LOL

absolute clown

what did he f up this time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Just paid my annual contribution to Darcy's, Duffy's, and Tubridy's wages.

Even though I have long since stopped listening to any of them, or anything else from RTE.

Anyone explain why this is considered to be fair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

what did he f up this time ?

Interview with your man out of Crowded House starts into big spiel about the release of their new single

“That’s not our new single Ray”

Even though I have long since stopped listening to any of them, or anything else from RTE.

You’d prefer a free for all with every dork with a few shillings and a thick neck broadcasting from the spare room?

That’s fair enough from this listener.

You’d prefer a free for all with every dork with a few shillings and a thick neck broadcasting from the spare room?

That sums up Duffy, Darcy or Tubridy, except for the few shillings bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Interview with your man out of Crowded House starts into big spiel about the release of their new single

“That’s not our new single Ray”

In fairness, neither of them were sure what the new single is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,877 ✭✭✭✭elperello

This is the radio forum.

You don't have to pay anything to listen to radio.

elperello wrote: »
    This is the radio forum.

You don't have to pay anything to listen to radio.

Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

WTF? So how come NEITHER of them knew what the new Crowded House single is.....?

Thar's a load of wierd; worth a listen back to that segment?

Heard him playing Weather with You at the top of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    WTF? So how come NEITHER of them knew what the new Crowded House single is.....?

Thar's a load of wierd; worth a listen back to that segment?

Heard him playing Weather with You at the top of the show.

They came to the conclusion that the new single released in New Zealand might not be the same as the one released in Ireland.
    They were planning on checking after the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I doubt there's too many people bothered either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

That’s fair enough from this listener.

I thought that was the prevailing situation anyway with the existence of the likes of Newstalk and Today FM. :D

Advertisement