Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

She certainly kept being pregnant very quiet!:rolleyes:

any close calls recently?

She has very bad luck after
    1) here mother being in Tunisia 6 months before the shootings
    2) her brother being on J1 in California the same time as the Berkeley balcony (though in a different part of the state)

have seen her dining out in Kells a couple of times, I guess she may have used the BOI/AIB ATMs at some stage before they were nicked last Thursday
    Yes! She mentioned yesterday that she had actually stayed in one of the Hotels in Sri Lanka where those awful terrorist attacks took place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

morebarn2 wrote: »
    Yes! She mentioned yesterday that she had actually stayed in one of the Hotels in Sri Lanka where those awful terrorist attacks took place.

Before she was a new MWAAAM one assumes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This shyte is like mothercare FM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Bring back ray, even his woman FM is better than this nonsense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

any close calls recently?

She has very bad luck after
    1) here mother being in Tunisia 6 months before the shootings
    2) her brother being on J1 in California the same time as the Berkeley balcony (though in a different part of the state)

have seen her dining out in Kells a couple of times, I guess she may have used the BOI/AIB ATMs at some stage before they were nicked last Thursday

She’s marked herself as ‘SAFE’ in Rathmines after the Donegal Gorse fire recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Never knew Katherine was a Mom,
    Hopefully she is covering for Ray again tomorrow, would love to hear more anecdotes about her daughter.

If you missed that, can only conclude you don't hear D'Arcy's show much :)

Any you're right, she's definitely a MOM in the best USA style, even the Carlow accent goes awol to say that.

The hair problems really troubled me today, all that bother with the blowdry, such a tough life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Never knew Katherine was a Mom, Hopefully she is covering for Ray again tomorrow, would love to hear more anecdotes about her daughter.

Can't stand the woman. Heard she was pregnant at some point. But I don't want to be hearing anything about her daughter thank you very much. It's the same as Ray talking about his wife. Simply not interested.
    The reason people do this of course is just publicity. Cheap publicity. To be in the news. It's stomach turning to see people like this parade their newborns in glossy mags. How cheap can you be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

bobbyss wrote: »
    Can't stand the woman. Heard she was pregnant at some point. But I don't want to be hearing anything about her daughter thank you very much. It's the same as Ray talking about his wife. Simply not interested.
    The reason people do this of course is just publicity. Cheap publicity. To be in the news. It's stomach turning to see people like this parade their newborns in glossy mags. How cheap can you be?[/quote

or because they don't know a whole lot about other topics. Gerry ryan talked a bit about Mrs Ryan and his children but he was well read and could talk knowledgeably about a whole range of other things too. he didn't only cater to people who had kids. I enjoyed Derek Mooney too and would like to see him back in this slot. have no interest in what Darcy or Katherine Thomas have to say. it's a very well paid job to sit for an hour and a half and spend most of it talking about your wife and children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I enjoyed Derek Mooney too and would like to see him back in this slot. have no interest in what Darcy or Katherine Thomas have to say. it's a very well paid job to sit for an hour and a half and spend most of it talking about your wife and children.

And what did Mooney mostly talk about? Eurovision, birds, knickers, LBGT etc.

He does well on the present wildlife spot, usually enjoy that.

We need more stories about the lovely Nellie or himself

• Advertisement

At least Derek was a bit of crack, problem is that time of day is woman's hour, Derek rubbed women up the wrong way because he wouldn't pander to them and tell them they are fantastic.
    Darcy just the person for that

BarryD2 wrote: »
    And what did Mooney mostly talk about? Eurovision, birds, knickers, LBGT etc.

He does well on the present wildlife spot, usually enjoy that.

And TITS

Straight back to women's issues
    And men basing

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Darcy loves being loved by the ladies.

TCM wrote: »
    Darcy loves being loved by the ladies.

He is a modern day version of Eamon Casey

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray: How long does it take you to run a mile?

Sinead: I don't know. I work in kilometres.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Ray: How long does it take you to run a mile?

Sinead: I don't know. I work in kilometres.

He is very condescending , I think he is just going through the motions don't think he is the male feminist he makes himself out to be.
    He made sure his own wife is at home minding his children , another case of do as I say not as I do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

He is very condescending , I think he is just going through the motions don't think he is the male feminist he makes himself out to be.
    He made sure his own wife is at home minding his children , another case of do as I say not as I do

Lucky for them they can afford to have only one parent working, a lot of us would love the same but it isn't possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

How can he not know Cynthia Ní Mhuricú's name off by heart. I wish she'd beaten him up over the way that he treats her Irish speaking brethren.

3 female quests in a row it's sickining

• Advertisement

He went up 15 minutes early and expected to have a private meeting with the agent. 15 minutes? Was it realistic to be there only 15 minutes early and expect that there would not be a queue of people waiting to view the property?

How can he not know Cynthia Ní Mhuricú's name off by heart. I wish she'd beaten him up over the way that he treats her Irish speaking brethren.

She said something to him in Irish at the start and he replied with , "Ha ha ha ha ha ha".

It's okay. Conor Pope will be on after 4.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

Woman #4

Golden Balls

Nuacht at 4.07. Really taking the pi$$

Darcy passive aggressively late for the Nuacht again at 16:07 and the Irish newsreader just burst out of the traps with "Ag seacht noimead tar eis a ceather". No point in calling it the four o'clock news when the pr1ck wont had over the reins on time.

Another woman

Conor:"I also interviewed Gerry for the article"
    Gary: "Gary!"
    Conor:"Sorry, Gary".

I hope he did better fact checking on the rest of the article.

• Advertisement

You want my organs, Ray? You can have them right now starting with my two fingers.

Advertisement