Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"What will happen to Patrick Quirke now?"

I'll tell you Ray. He'll be allowed to go on a 4 week holiday to Barbados before they give him a 5 year sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Well, todays little surprised comment from Fr Ray was about the music used at cremations. He had a countdown of the Top 10, from the UK of course. He had to get his anti christian jibe in first, by reminding us thatnnot as many christian burials will take place in the future.
    Not surprisingly the No.1 was My way,by Frank Sinatra. This amazed Ray.
    Got me thinking tho, what song do fellow Boardiese think FrRay will have played at his non christian cremation? Suggestions please

Highway to Hell?

Stairway to Heaven?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Well, todays little surprised comment from Fr Ray was about the music used at cremations. He had a countdown of the Top 10, from the UK of course. He had to get his anti christian jibe in first, by reminding us thatnnot as many christian burials will take place in the future.
    Got me thinking tho, what song do fellow Boardiese think FrRay will have played at his non christian cremation? Suggestions please

I think Fr Ray will be screaming for a priest on his death bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Why does it always rain on me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

This amazed Ray.

"We didn't start the fire"
    No it wasn't me, it was the producers idea, just like the Jack Nicholson thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Keep on Running" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Bigmouth strikes again the smiths

Ah silence, beautiful silence.

Oh would you ever f**k off Ray. What has it got to do with you really?

Ray is the the top one percent of dry-sh1tes and pontificators in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

People can get depressed from listening to your sanctimonious hectoring Raymond

Oh would you ever f**k off Ray. What has it got to do with you really?

Ray is the the top one percent of dry-sh1tes and pontificators in the world.

Is Ray reading the newspaper again?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Father Darcy is angry on the pulpit

Father Darcy is angry on the pulpit

He could do with a few gargle’s himself to lighten up!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Jesus but hes angry today. Maybe hes in the doghouse with Jenny for getting her a ****e birthday present?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What's he moaning about today?

NIMAN wrote: »
    What's he moaning about today?

A survey said Irish people like to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Vegan sausage rolls. There is no such thing. Like non alcoholic whiskey, dry water.

Why is it such a big problem for Ray that women are drinking a lot? They're still drinking less than men are.

They may be smaller than men, but still... Drinking less. I don't get the fixation with 'irresponsible' women alone.

Just doesn't strike me as a gender issue. We're all drinking too much, on aggregate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Why is it such a big problem for Ray that women are drinking a lot? They're still drinking less than men are.

They may be smaller than men, but still... Drinking less. I don't get the fixation with 'irresponsible' women alone.

Just doesn't strike me as a gender issue. We're all drinking too much, on aggregate.

Because Ray is not the hero we want,he's the hero we need *

* said no one,ever !!!

• Advertisement

Uncharted wrote: »
    Because Ray is not the hero we want,he's the hero we need *

* said no one,ever !!!
    I mean, without wanting to bring his private life into this (but he's made Jenny something of a public figure anyway) imagine the glares, the ranting, when his wife reaches for an extra glass of chardonnay? The poor woman must be a nervous wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

I'd imagine large volumes of alcohol would be an essential item for anyone forced to live with Ray.

Could you imagine listening to that dose pontificating about the woes of life,morning,noon and night !! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Ray was on top nasal form yesterday. Noticed it mainly when he tried to interview Nathan Carter's brother(yes his actual brother) about the Liverpool game. The audio was on the call was echo-y and terrible and throughout you could hear Ray literally fuming(through his nose) before he abruptly ended the call. It was nasal radio gold from Ray. Heard him at it again when one of the alcohol experts was speaking.

https://youtu.be/HwTLfZGbYzU?t=10

Someone in RTE needs to turn down Ray's nose mic when someone else is speaking...or not because it was hilarious.

Oh ffs, alcohol is to blame for Danny Baker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Talking about Danny Baker's tweet and said that he checked what time he sent it at to see could drink have been involved.
    "I mean we all have said stupid things with drink onboard, but not that I have ever said anything like that..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Need subtitles for Brian Kerr.
    Ray trying to sound interested in soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

He's more in his comfort zone with this lad....anti-religion, gay, liberal. Ticks all the boxes

Pushing the LGBT teaching in schools agenda. Sex should be kept out of primary school. If Ray wasn't populist he would be saying the same thing.

Has he ever considered that he might be "othered" because he's an insufferable pain in the h0le?

• Advertisement

Do we have to hear about every animal that has more than 1 offspring?

Advertisement