Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Can't use the buttons in the desk he's in every day of his life ffs. Trying to blame it on the new mixing desk. Bad workman

Banging the organ donor drum again. F**k off Ray, the state takes all my money to give you 400K, I'm not giving you my organs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Would you not inform yourself as to where you were ?. Or is that too much to ask ?

Can't use the buttons in the desk he's in every day of his life ffs. Trying to blame it on the new mixing desk. Bad workman

Workman ?;)

Impersonating a cat sneezing ;). 400k +

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

If you come for a walk you DON'T have to eat porridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Ray won't let it go about his father

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Joe Duffy show: murder misery moan and groan

Ray Darcy show: Death misery murder stepped up a gear for 90mins.

What happened to light hearted radio in the afternoon fecking hell.

Shows your tits from Derek Mooney and talk of nature from Eanna and Richard.

These pair have the combined IQ of a gram of knat shíť

• Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭goochy

Ray afraid of his life someone might think he was praising men - what a whimp

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A study says men are better at reading maps than women. Ray doesn't know how they came to that conclusion.

The same study says women are better at Lego and video games. Ray has no problem with it.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    A study says men are better at reading maps than women. Ray doesn't know how they came to that conclusion.

The same study says women are better at Lego and video games. Ray has no problem with it.
    Someone should tell him that patronising women in that way is just as sexist as slagging them off. You're still treating people differently based only on their sex.

yawn yawn - you just cant win with feminists - always looking to be offended - you have to pity them ( and the people who have to live with them )

He has an awful fixation with people's royalty cheques. It's none of his business or ours.

Man writes in for advice and he is told its all his fault

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Man writes in for advice and he is told its all his fault

Stunned listening to this two "relationship counsellors". Yer one is a patronising b1tch and I cannot believe she is actually giving people advice, and making a pile of assumptions based on his gender.

feminists give out about gender stereotyping but have no problem doing it when it comes to men

feminism - lack of common sense - lack of fairness

PauloMN wrote: »
    Stunned listening to this two "relationship counsellors". Yer one is a patronising b1tch and I cannot believe she is actually giving people advice, and making a pile of assumptions based on his gender.

I wonder what advice would be given out if the man treated the woman the same way,the woman would definitely not be told it was her fault Absolutely scandalous advice to give out

I was slightly vexed at this. One of my fortes is reading maps, as it is with the many women who sail, travel, fly etc. and I don’t have to hold it in the direction I’m traveling. In the 1980s when there was no Satnav, there was no way you could turn around maps in the confined space of a tiny airplane that was going like a bucking bronco and one which requires hands on controls at all times. In fact to be any way safe you had to commit a lot of map to memory and know how to orient yourself with minimal clues. None of the female pilots and instructors I knew had issues with this. However there are plenty of women and men I wouldn’t trust to trace their way home from the local shop.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I wonder what advice would be given out if the man treated the woman the same way,the woman would definitely not be told it was her fault Absolutely scandalous advice to give out

If it was the man it would be "yes he needs to cut down on WhatsApp, he's prob on to his mates re. football/pub etc.", rather than organising the kids activities.

Basically she said leave her alone on the phone, you silly man.

Ray comes out with good joke about stags , then ruins it with stupid laugh

• Advertisement

An extended free ad for Mrs Brown's boys

Does he have to bring peoples gayness into every interview?

Was Gerry Daly talking about Ray when he mentioned gob****es ? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

goochy wrote: »
    Was Gerry Daly talking about Ray when he mentioned gob****es ? lol

Probably.

Gerry knows his stuff, unlike Ray. I used to enjoy Ask About Gardening back in the day.

What a dose this one is.

What a dose this one is.

Hes on most days. Hes an overpaid dipstick

Stephanie another snowflake making a career from talking ****e , cant believe shes from my adopted county of Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I only heard the last part of Gerry Daly and he said no to some question he was asked. Kind of gruff. It reminded me of his own gardening programme when I thought he was similarly gruff and basically bad mannered. Terrible broadcaster.

Then I heard at the end some fellow singing and I wondered are there basic levels of competency for someone to have in order to he invited to sing on radio. I thought he simply was not good enough to have on radio and it just underlined what quality is acceptable on this programme. Cheap and tacky.

hes was never really a broadcaster - Gerry did what i would love to do on Rays show - take the piss and make Ray work somewhat for his money - shouldnt have put Gerry on the spot about coming on the show regularly - would imagine it wont happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Did I just hear D'arcy recommending a pizza?

Advertisement