Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

NIMAN wrote: »
    What kind of house has he that he couldn't afford the mortgage on €450,000 every year?

And what about Jenny's wages ?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Who needs doorbelz?

I'd say they're better at maths than you ray;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Plug for RTE news now.

Plug for RTE news now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

does this lad not know who he's talking to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Liking the new Dylan Moran.

De Bhál wrote: »
    does this lad not know who he's talking to?

I think he knows...a middle aged lad like himself with bits falling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Good man Dylan

Hold a mirror up to his rediculousness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Seen Dylan Moran a couple of times performing...he's very funny. But this is a joyless interview.

Ray D'Arcy bullet points for interview

- Drink
    - Climate change
    - Novel

Dylan Moran as much as said ... I don't do interviews because its just repeating the same toss ad finitum....and he has skillfully batted away every 'probing' question from D'Arcy.

• Advertisement

Delighted he told Ray he doesn't talk about his kids, he doesn't talk about his kids, he doesn't talk about his kids. It's a pity he had to say it 3 times...but I think it registered with the host...eventually.

Perhaps Ray could take a leaf out of Dylan's book sotospeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

jaysus this dub is tough on the ears

De Bhál wrote: »
    jaysus this dub is tough on the ears

Hard to believe that farcy found someone with the same level of intelligence as himself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

What just happened there, did someone intervene with an add break? id love to hear the last 2 mins again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

That's hard to believe, even after tax Ray'd be taking home a very handsome annual income. Either they're living in some multi million mansion or spending waay too much. Maybe Ray will have to give up the fancy clothes. But either way, no way he'll pull in that sort of money as an aging wedding DJ. I'd be thinking there's more than a bit of exaggeration in that report.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

goochy wrote: »
    have to say the girl who commited suicides mother didnt impress me , shes from a rough part of cork and seemed to have alot of the bad qualities of lower class people who get a few quid

I'm sure the unfortunate woman won't lose any sleep at not impressing you. Frankly, I find your comment disgusting to say the least! Perhaps you'd enlighten us all on where you consider to be the 'rough part of Cork' and what 'the bad qualities of lower class people are'?

I would like to compliment the lady in question on her very eloquent interview with Darcy, I found it honest, compelling and very sad. I look forward to reading her book and wish her and her family all the best for the future.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    That's hard to believe, even after tax Ray'd be taking home a very handsome annual income. Either they're living in some multi million mansion or spending waay too much. Maybe Ray will have to give up the fancy clothes. But either way, no way he'll pull in that sort of money as an aging wedding DJ. I'd be thinking there's more than a bit of exaggeration in that report.
    Darcy would put tears on a wedding cake !. Can you imagine him at a joyous occasion like a wedding ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭goochy

stand by what i said -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Yeah, well Ray, you promised us all that you were going to leave this country, so how about a bit of respect and keeping your promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Why does newsreader Eileen Dunne say this to Ray D'arcy for the handover after the 3pm Radio 1 news and weather?

I notice she does not say this to other radio presenters, such as Lorcan Murray on Lyric FM which does be her next bulletin.
    Is this some sign of obvious favouritism for Ray D'arcy??

Eileen Dunne is usually professional and formal as a newsreader and I'm surprised she continues to say his name, ever since the Ray D'arcy show started a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Why does newsreader Eileen Dunne say this to Ray D'arcy for the handover after the 3pm Radio 1 news and weather?

I notice she does not say this to other radio presenters, such as Lorcan Murray on Lyric FM which does be her next bulletin.
    Is this some sign of obvious favouritism for Ray D'arcy??

Eileen Dunne is usually professional and formal as a newsreader and I'm surprised she continues to say his name, ever since the Ray D'arcy show started a few years ago.

I’d say they probably get on well...remember her first news bulletin on Rays RTE 1 programme went along the lines of good to have you back

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

goochy wrote: »
    stand by what i said -

Haha you stand by what you said but you won't answer the questions asked.
    Typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Lexi Handsome Viewfinder

probably friends, Susan Keogh did this a lot when Louise Duffy was doing her shows rambling on about her opinons on GOT or the silly/celeb news part of her bulletin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Why does newsreader Eileen Dunne say this to Ray D'arcy for the handover after the 3pm Radio 1 news and weather? .

Certainly contrasts with the relationship with the Nuacht crew anyway. First he gets them moved from their traditional 3.30pm slot, and now continues to be passive aggressive about handing over to them at 4.00pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

What did she say?]

bobbyss wrote: »
    What did she say?]
    She says: "And that's the news and weather, Ray"
    And he says: "Tanx Eileen tank u very much"

This happens every day. I assume there's a reason, which I don't quite understand, why broadcasters engage in these repeated phrases. Marian Finucane does the same thing with her "Hello there, AND a very good morning to you". Anne Doyle was in the habit of signing-off by telling viewers of the 9 o'clock news to "Take care".

Perhaps it's a sort of signature that is intended to institutionalise the programme/ presenter in some way, i.e. to create a certain familiarity which draw people towards listening or watching? I don't really know.

She says: "And that's the news and weather, Ray"
    And he says: "Tanx Eileen tank u very much"

This happens every day. I assume there's a reason, which I don't quite understand, why broadcasters engage in these repeated phrases. Marian Finucane does the same thing with her "Hello there, AND a very good morning to you". Anne Doyle was in the habit of signing-off by telling viewers of the 9 o'clock news to "Take care".

Perhaps it's a sort of signature that is intended to institutionalise the programme/ presenter in some way, i.e. to create a certain familiarity which draw people towards listening or watching? I don't really know.

Gives the impression you’re there in the studio with them/they are in your house (heaven forbid). I always remember when a friend was flown over to Newcastle for a lung transplant that was going ahead, Anne Doyle said something like “And we all wish him well”, it was very early in morning, I had been up all night, and nice to hear that she was soeaking on behalf of all in RTE/all of Ireland. A good omen, he went on to live an active life 25 years after that, having been on life support at the time. The radio hosts, when doing this kind of thing, create the sense of a rapport with the listener.

"Apologies to the Nuacht team" is another one he uses. Sometimes.

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Apologies to the Nuacht team" is another one he uses. Sometimes.
    In fairness, that apology is entirely warranted.

Nobody has so butchered the first official language since the boyos from Clare College Cambridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So now dogs are better at emptying the washing machine than men!!!

Advertisement