Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I was unfortunate enough to drop into listening to some of this today.

Aside from the recycled guests, what annoyed me the most was his disgustingly flippant attitude to the guest who had gone through so much surgery.

Our guest: explaining the numerous surgeries he's undergone
    Our host: *in the background* bellybutton
    Our host: sorry, it's not funny!
    Our host: Do they call that a bellybuttonectomy

A pure and simple, ****ing bellend!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭Crusty Jocks

She says: "And that's the news and weather, Ray"
    And he says: "Tanx Eileen tank u very much"

This happens every day. I assume there's a reason, which I don't quite understand, why broadcasters engage in these repeated phrases. Marian Finucane does the same thing with her "Hello there, AND a very good morning to you". Anne Doyle was in the habit of signing-off by telling viewers of the 9 o'clock news to "Take care".

Perhaps it's a sort of signature that is intended to institutionalise the programme/ presenter in some way, i.e. to create a certain familiarity which draw people towards listening or watching? I don't really know.

Off the Ball lads do it also...it's so sh*t I can't remember exactly what it is. I think it's "good luck".

I think you are exactly right in why they may do it.

Off the Ball lads do it also...it's so sh*t I can't remember exactly what it is. I think it's "good luck".
    Can't believe I forgot "Hello Gud Afternewn And U're Very Welcome To Livelahn"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Dafuk is this crap

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

thats some opening:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Farcy giving out about Google now. They obviously dont support porridge or running

Good afternooooooon

Fook me that JFish number was brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

“You ate your own cows”

Cringe!

• Advertisement

More cringe with this musician re his father’s death

Beautiful music!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭goochy

TERRIBLE LINE UP IN WEXFORD

16.31. Eff off

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm wondering is the show losing listeners. Lately there's two ads for the show in the first break of Liveline. One where the z lister guest says something and Ray laughs his bollox off , the another "Coming up after Liveline... cancer, dead or dying children, running and Conor POPE. "

Just now I noticed they're advertising him during the credits at the end of Fair City

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'm wondering is the show losing listeners. Lately there's two ads for the show in the first break of Liveline. One where the z lister guest says something and Ray laughs his bollox off , the another "Coming up after Liveline... cancer, dead or dying children, running and Conor POPE. "

Just now I noticed they're advertising him during the credits at the end of Fair City

You're assuming he has one, or two !!

Ray’s Great Grammar: “Him and his wife went...”. Imagine, this is from one of the National broadcaster’s highest paid presenters. English grammar is not that very complicated. Good thing we don’t have multiple case endings, declensions etc or Ray wouldn’t be able to utter a sentence that actually made sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭goochy

what do you expect from someone who grew up in a council house in Rathangan with 5 to a bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

• Registered Users Posts: 39,965 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Having read that link it says he devoured a BBC manual on how to make a radio show. Was the chapter of how to work the equipment missing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Lexi Handsome Viewfinder

He's a horrid little man

I'm just fascinated what changed him, he was alright on the den and the early few years on Today fm, id love to know what changed him to this [deleted - mod] he turned into the last few years on Today FM and seems to have got worse since the jump to RTE

He's a horrid little man

I'm just fascinated what changed him, he was alright on the den and the early few years on Today fm, id love to know what changed him to this sanctimonious prat he turned into the last few years on Today FM and seems to have got worse since the jump to RTE
    Ah sure the den was money for old rope for Darcy. Sure zig and zag and Dustin did the heavy lifting. All ray had to do was laugh.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah sure the den was money for old rope for Darcy. Sure zig and zag and Dustin did the heavy lifting. All ray had to do was laugh.

And duck.

And duck.

Duck ?

Duck ?

They were always throwing things at him while he was trying to talk.

They were always throwing things at him while he was trying to talk.

Oh you mean the panda or bear called ted ? Ah sure that was banter.

Oh you mean the panda or bear called ted ? Ah sure that was banter.

That was it. It's all a bit hazy. I'm afraid I was rather stoned at the time.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm just fascinated what changed him, he was alright on the den and the early few years on Today fm, id love to know what changed him to this sanctimonious prat he turned into the last few years on Today FM and seems to have got worse since the jump to RTE

M.
    O.
    N.
    E.
    Y.

Guys try to tone things down a bit. Criticism and praise for anyone in the public eye are par for the course, but only within a certain context, and has its limits. Some (not all) of the last few posts seem like an overreaction.

Two posts deleted and one infracted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

I'm just fascinated what changed him, he was alright on the den and the early few years on Today fm, id love to know what changed him to this [deleted - mod] he turned into the last few years on Today FM and seems to have got worse since the jump to RTE

He could be a bit of craic on the Den and was grand on today fm until....

It all changed when he got together with Jenny Kelly, then went completely down the shi**er when he started having kids and got married.

From Jenny Kellys Wiki page:

Reared in South Dublin county, Kelly's father Michael was a lawyer and a major influence on her career.[3] Jenny would attend horse races with him, and was seen at the Galway Races in 2003 whilst running in the 2.30 race.[3][4]

Advertisement