Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Kathryn Thomas in for Ray for "the next few weeks". They should be looking at shipping him out at this stage, particularly after the failed TV experiment. But of course they would rather waste more money on bringing the show back next year rather than accept that it's a failure.

And I do remember Ray when he used to be a bit of fun, when he was a younger presenter. But certainly no longer. I think this is partly due the JK Ultra brainwashing, but also due to the fact that he is just an old curmudgeon now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

Kathryn Thomas in for Ray for "the next few weeks". They should be looking at shipping him out at this stage, particularly after the failed TV experiment. But of course they would rather waste more money on bringing the show back next year rather than accept that it's a failure.

And I do remember Ray when he used to be a bit of fun, when he was a younger presenter. But certainly no longer. I think this is partly due the JK Ultra brainwashing, but also due to the fact that he is just an old curmudgeon now.

Kathryn Thomas ? Does anyone know if she’s a ‘NEEEEW MWAAAM’ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Heckler wrote: »
    He could be a bit of craic on the Den and was grand on today fm until....

It all changed when he got together with Jenny Kelly, then went completely down the shi**er when he started having kids and got married.

From Jenny Kellys Wiki page:

Reared in South Dublin county, Kelly's father Michael was a lawyer and a major influence on her career.[3] Jenny would attend horse races with him, and was seen at the Galway Races in 2003 whilst running in the 2.30 race.[3][4]

I find it galling when D'Arcy pontificates about corrupt politicians, property developers etc seen as his late father in law represented no less than Michael Lowry in the Moriarty Tribunal. A number of high profile developers were also on his client list.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

So ,she told himself that she wants a bbq. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jesus it's going to be wedding central for the next two weeks.

"Paur..... my fiance"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

He might have the kids out of school to get away on a cheap holiday so as not to be paying the mad prices people on a tenth of his wages will have to endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

sligojoek wrote: »
    Jesus it's going to be wedding central for the next two weeks.

"Paur..... my fiance"

Ellie ... my girl

My stool depends on how much Guinness I've drank. What about yours Kate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

All the hot topics.....

" Have you ever fallen off a stool ? " ...

Call us now ...... :( FFS !!!!

Utter dross as per usual.

Darcy might be absent ,bit his scriptwriter certainly ain't.

We weren't talking about wedding proposals...you were. I wonder why ;).

Ah kids now. Wonder why ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

What's with the 'MOM!!!!' thing? Have we moved to the USA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I know we need more gender balance on the radio or at least we're told we need it. But apart from this, I briefly turned on Newstalk about 1230 this morning and it was just the same. Felt like I was sitting in a coffee shop and the two women at the next table were just having a loud natter that everyone else couldn't not hear. Hit the off button.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

This is abysmal radio.

Katt-rin and her ( MOM of 7 :rolleyes: ) contributor scoffing at the notion of competitiveness as if it was a nonsense.

It's the egg n spoon race ffs,not gladitorial ancient Rome.

Competition is healthy. Especially in sports.

It builds character and instills a sense of reality.

Not every child can be an astronaut or a brain surgeon. There is a structure to life,and we all slot into our own positions.

Not everyone can be a winner 24/7.

Keep your fluffy ,hippy dippy crap to yourselves. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Not every child is good at English or Maths yet school rate them on how they do.

What's the difference in that and a child who is gifted at sports shining for one day a year if they aren't going to be top of the class in school subjects.

How to use a camera phone ;);). Jesus

BarryD2 wrote: »
    What's with the 'MOM!!!!' thing? Have we moved to the USA?

It's not even MOM. It's more like MAAAAWWWWUM.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I know we need more gender balance on the radio or at least we're told we need it. But apart from this, I briefly turned on Newstalk about 1230 this morning and it was just the same. Felt like I was sitting in a coffee shop and the two women at the next table were just having a loud natter that everyone else couldn't not hear. Hit the off button.

Hairdresser radio (c) Brenners Brendar.

Uncharted wrote: »
    This is abysmal radio.

Katt-rin and her ( MOM of 7 :rolleyes: ) contributor scoffing at the notion of competitiveness as if it was a nonsense.

It's the egg n spoon race ffs,not gladitorial ancient Rome.

Competition is healthy. Especially in sports.

It builds character and instills a sense of reality.

Not every child can be an astronaut or a brain surgeon. There is a structure to life,and we all slot into our own positions.

Not everyone can be a winner 24/7.

Keep your fluffy ,hippy dippy crap to yourselves. :(

Dare I say it...but Mooney was better than this jumped up bint. Absolutely stone useless. A crime against broadcasting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Dare I say it...but Mooney was better than this jumped up bint. Absolutely stone useless. A crime against broadcasting

Dare I say it... but the amount of people on Boards who 'demanded' Mooney's departure...!
    Sometimes it's better leaving well enough alone...

swarlb wrote: »
    Dare I say it... but the amount of people on Boards who 'demanded' Mooney's departure...!
    Sometimes it's better leaving well enough alone...

Believe me,I was one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Mooney wasn't the worst, a few too many hobby horses that should have been curtailed.

She was on a hairy plane last night in de rain and wind, coming from Isle of Man. Sure that’s only about 30 minutes of hairiness. I flew in last night, would be more concerned at lack of staff at Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

also landed late last night, thought it was a very smooth landing ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Me me me

2smiggy wrote: »
    also landed late last night, thought it was a very smooth landing ?!?

My landing was fine, on a Ryanair 737. She was presumably on Stobart ATR, which can be finicky about which directions the air currents are coming from.

Kathryn Thomas and her “walk-in wardrobe”. In my place that would be my bedroom.

Rory O’Neill on, sounds p1ssed as often he does. How many accents are in the mixing pot there? He’s lapsing carelessly into Mayo there, we all know about the big American twang, and of course there’s the big Gay twist to offset what would otherwise be a plain growling masculine voice. His accent is all over the place, and rather slurred as if stirred up by a recreational substance or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Sounds like he has had 7 or 8 pints. Rambling, slurring, I'd say the mic will have to be thrown out, there's that much spit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Mooney wasn't the worst, a few too many hobby horses that should have been curtailed.
    he was , ever listen to the occasional wildlife show that appears now and then with him and his aul pals ? - I have a post traumatic stress disorder reaction to the annoying fcukers voice .

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    he was , ever listen to the occasional wildlife show that appears now and then with him and his aul pals ? - I have a post traumatic stress disorder reaction to the annoying fcukers voice .

Richard ?. And Eaona Knowitall wrecked my head

Advertisement