Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

goochy wrote: »
    Ray had to say he loved the womens soccer to keep Jenny happy. imagine if he said it was rubbish

Even if he hated all soccer, Ray would never have the balls to say that he didn't like women's soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    Aaaw Tee E.

Who does she think she is?

How does she think we feel.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

She sounds like a menopausal Gay Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray had to say he loved the womens soccer to keep Jenny happy. imagine if he said it was rubbish

Even if he hated all soccer, Ray would never have the balls to say that he didn't like women's soccer.
    He said yesterday that he'd no interest in soccer but whoever won would win the final.
    In other words he heard Des Cahill or someone else saying it.

Chloe Chloe Chloe.

Zip up your Mickey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Reading an account of her life story in the Sunday Indo, she seems to have been a bit flaky throughout her career and could never commit to anything longterm (even though she packed a lot in).

I can understand why David Agnew played an away game !

She is insufferable.

What a bint :(

She's all pals with David now (that his relationship with the other woman broke up)

"The station is completely skint"

As she sits across from a clown that is paid 400K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Entitled...dontchano

Over inflated opinion of her own importance if you ask me! Childer will be delighted to hear that their inheritance will be donated to the state!!

In fairness, the 1st half wasn't too bad last night. Our mens team could do with a centre foward to score a goal like the English one...

Google doesn't work too well for the audio clips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭goochy

shes a gowl , thinks she should live in a house she cant afford cause she likes it there - he had a lucky escape - maybe hes friends with her as it gets to remind him whats hes escaped from - pity shes wasnt challenged on her ' entitlement to live ' in her beloved house

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

This was radio gold today. Almoat on a par withthe Maria Bailey interview. A right feckin pair, each with a more inflated opinion of themselves than the other. Im not sure you could come up with a guest who would show bothselves and Ray up for the needy, self obsessed assholes that they are. I guess its a markof how far Fr Ray has fallen, that there are so few comments here, mind you if there were, people might be tempted to tell a few stories about Twink, and there are a lot, that might have the Mods running for the alarm bells

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭goochy

nice one - love the ' assholes ' bit

I'd love to know what Twink really thinks of D'Arcy. She was a talented and hard working actress and singer and did a lot of work since way before D'Arcy was being paid for speaking to puppets in RTE. It surely must grate on her that D'Arcy is so well off and that she is having to sell her house, given their respective contributions to the entertainment industry.

She was a talented and hard working actress and singer

Baahaaahaaaahaaa!!!!!!

What !!!!!! ???

Twink ?? Talented ??? :pac:

Come off it ffs...

Uncharted wrote: »
    Baahaaahaaaahaaa!!!!!!

What !!!!!! ???

Twink ?? Talented ??? :pac:

Come off it ffs...

About as talented as a goldfish

She was a talented and hard working actress and singer
    She is hard-working, of that I have no doubt.

She comes across like a real grafter, but the question of talent is completely different, imo. In one way this could be argued to be a more admirable trait. Anyone can be born with talent; not everyone is motivated to work hard, and keep slogging away, aged 90, or however old Twink is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

She is hard-working, of that I have no doubt.

She comes across like a real grafter, but the question of talent is completely different, imo. In one way this could be argued to be a more admirable trait. Anyone can be born with talent; not everyone is motivated to work hard, and keep slogging away, aged 90, or however old Twink is now.

The only reason Twink is still “working” is because she is stone broke!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

half a million a year folks

You say half a mill.,but is Jenny still on the payroll,is will still on the payroll?. This was a job lot of wasters. Cost a lot more than half a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I haven’t listened to Ray in years, people might remember me slating him on the Today FM thread. Anyway a few years have passed and I’ve probably matured a bit with my taste in radio changing along the way. So I’ve gotten to listen to the first 21 minutes of his RTÉ show today and I have to say, I wasn’t wrong then and I’m not wrong now!! He’s a clown absolutely useless as a presenter and the content is pure muck. Car horns ... TK lemonade Jesus Christ RTÉ needs to be disbanded Ray needs to be fired he’s not even at local radio standard! Half a million a year for this idiot my god what a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Motorists should have 2 horns, an urgent horn and a courteous horn. The great Car horn debate today, it bates the 'shy*te' on the branch in the ditch debate yesterday.

This is some shyte. Time for some music.

My god, BP Fallon would put you to f**king sleep. The only thing that I listened to that was delivered with less enthusiasm was The Power Of Now audiobook by Eckhart Tolle. But D'Arcy incessantly laughing at absolutely nothing was the worst. Just laughing away like a loon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

My god, BP Fallon would put you to f**king sleep. The only thing that I listened to that was delivered with less enthusiasm was The Power Of Now audiobook by Eckhart Tolle. But D'Arcy incessantly laughing at absolutely nothing was the worst. Just laughing away like a loon.
    That's maybe what too much jazz woodbine does to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,883 ✭✭✭✭elperello

BP Fallon - legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭mountain

elperello wrote: »
    BP Fallon - legend.

No, no,no

He’s not.

Advertisement