Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

Today's chat:

Love Island
    The weather "what's the weather like where you are?"

Meteireann.ie... Go mad, Katherine

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Why do all these Fair City actors tell stories about people coming up on the street thinking the characters are real? Are there really that many stupid people around? Or do they think we're stupid?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Maaaawwwwms
    Kids
    Weddings
    Honeymoons
    And Love Island for the foreseeable future.

And that God awful harsh voice and cackle.

I'm out.. Not thst I ever listen to D'Arcy either.

Brenda does a great job on this slot, rte should give her the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

And that God awful harsh voice and cackle.

I'm out.. Not thst I ever listen to D'Arcy either.

Brenda does a great job on this slot, rte should give her the gig

You were doing so well up to that point.

• Advertisement

Re Bryan & Una today, they were very good neighbours to my cousin who died of MND, and whose cat I inherited. If she fell and couldn’t get up and Bryan was at the other end of the phone he would pop in and get her back onto her seated safely. All the neighbours in that enclave of wee houses were great, and in the end they all visited her in the hospice. It gave her a great boost introducing them when her other visitors might pop in and if they were Fair City fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Brian Scan wrote: »
    You were doing so well up to that point.

Good call Brian, should never have been left near a mic.

Complete chancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Horse84 wrote: »

From that article:"The broadcaster also admitted that he still gets nervous before JNLR (Joint National Listenership Research) survey results are announced.

He compared it to getting the "Leaving Cert results every three months".

He explained: “It’s just a survey, so people are cold called and asked if you would like to do a survey and their asked what did you listen to yesterday?’ that’s how it’s done."

Just curious but how many posters here have ever been phoned regarding Joint National Listenership Research??

I don't believe for a minute that it's anyway as random as Ray seems to suggest. From what I know of these survey companies they have a list of people who have answered questions in the past and they just phone down this list until they get enough answers. So you get the same people more or less answering time after time.

Hit radio 1 for the 3rd time in an hour and each time she's been talking about babies and children. Ba k to newstalk

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Kathryn and her bump and her C section. Again

• Advertisement

As a new mwwaawwm....

FFS the child must be a year old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,962 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I don't believe for a minute that it's anyway as random as Ray seems to suggest. From what I know of these survey companies they have a list of people who have answered questions in the past and they just phone down this list until they get enough answers. So you get the same people more or less answering time after time.

Would you be prepared to name and shame the companies who are doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭bobbyss

BarryD2 wrote:
    From that article:"The broadcaster also admitted that he still gets nervous before JNLR (Joint National Listenership Research) survey results are announced.

Fergal D'arcy programme made the top 10. This is not a mistake is it? Never heard of him. Does this mean Ray is not in top ten according to just released figures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Ahwell

BarryD2 wrote: »

He compared it to getting the "Leaving Cert results every three months".

He explained: “It’s just a survey, so people are cold called and asked if you would like to do a survey and their asked what did you listen to yesterday?’ that’s how it’s done."

Just curious but how many posters here have ever been phoned regarding Joint National Listenership Research??

There is a methodology report on the JNLR Committee's website
    Interviewing is conducted face-to-face, in-home, among a sample
    of c.16,800 individuals aged 15+ in the Republic of Ireland.
    Interviewing is conducted across 50 weeks of the year (exception
    week before and after Christmas). https://info.ipsosmrbi.com/assets/files/jnlr/methodology/JNLR%20Methodology%20Report%20(Apr%20'17).pdf

There's a section on sampling there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Were you ever in Malaysia katie...were you nearly kidnapped ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I dont believe this story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Woman has child.

Didnt take long to get around to babies,new mammys daddy's et all

Woman has child.

Shock...horror

Kathryn describes the day she was at some event to present something on stage, went to the jacks, found door wouldn’t lock but presumed security guard outside it was there to ensure nobody would barge in, she sits on the jacks which is a metre or two back from the door, and whilst doing her business rehearses what she is going to say at the presentation; next thing Pierce Brosnan walks in and finds Kathryn perched on throne whilst saying “the first prize goes to...oops”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Does she ever stop talking about pregnancy and babies? Just turned off

Kathryn describes the day she was at some event to present something on stage, went to the jacks, found door wouldn’t lock but presumed security guard outside it was there to ensure nobody would barge in, she sits on the jacks which is a metre or two back from the door, and whilst doing her business rehearses what she is going to say at the presentation; next thing Pierce Brosnan walks in and finds Kathryn perched on throne whilst saying “the first prize goes to...oops”.

James Bond frightened the shyte outa her :)

Muahahaha wrote: »

Welcome stranger :):)

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I dont believe this story
    ah I'd believe it & I laughed! But then I quite like Katherine Thomas. Always did ever since she presented that kids' sports show with Ryle Nugent back in the late 1990s, I think it was called The Grip.

She seems like one of the more grounded broadcasters on RTE and isn't afraid to make herself the butt of a joke, which is kinda endearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Welcome stranger :):)

Yeah could never really warm to her on tv with all the shrieking and patronising hugs so when I heard her on the radio talking babies I switched over to NT.

Shes an expert on having babies now dontchano,also looking after them,feeding etc etc..

Two mawms having a chat...;).

I'm outa here

Muahahaha wrote: »

She does actually. When she's talking about weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,853 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lads I know that ray isn't there this week and I'm just wondering how Kathryn Thomas is on the whole nuact at 4pm sweepstakes ? Is it remotely closer than ray is ?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lads I know that ray isn't there this week and I'm just wondering how Kathryn Thomas is on the whole nuact at 4pm sweepstakes ? Is it remotely closer than ray is ?

You seriously expect anyone to listen to her on about babies,weddings,himself,mawwwms for a fooking hour....:P..

Do your own research :D:D

Advertisement