Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Anyone listening today? He interview a mark Cagney for 30 minutes then signs off thanking mark costigan for coming into studio, doesn't even correct himself apart from saying. Sorry I'm just back from holidays. Poor preparation.

I was just listening on a podcast and at the 27minute mark , a texter referenced that name so I’d say it was a joke on Rays part. Either way , Ray did correct himself. I thought it was a good interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Yeah Ray, I'd forget my password if I had a ****ing 8 week holiday too

Yes Ray, when you’ve had a very LONG holiday you might tend to forget your password, but most of us would never have that experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"How do you keep up the holiday spirit after coming back to work?"

Bore the ar$e off half the country talking about it.

Jaysus Ray, I'd sit in a "dungeon" for 2 hrs a day for half a million a year.

Do you fancy lugging 10 x 20 kg bags of adhesive up two fights of stairs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he should go and live with your man in the tent

A thinly veiled plug for Mrs Browns Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭amlinopta

3 weeks? He can’t even count

Party's over now lads. It'll be wall to wall cancer till 4.02.

Those bags of adhesive won't move themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

This is the second interview I heard today featuring a cancer sufferer. I think Ciara Kelly had a similar story around 12pm today.

Yesterday RTE had another unfortunate woman on with a similar story.

Now I have the greatest sympathy for anyone with cancer, but RTE and to a lesser extent, Newstalk are obsessed with cancer sufferers.

It's positively ghoulish at this stage. I had a scare myself a couple of years ago and listening to this stuff on an almost daily basis actually upsets me at this stage.

RTE and Newstalk, please give it a rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

The girl speaking now said the NHS said the HPV vaccine covers 'some of the strains' of the virus and Ray said no it's 'most of the strains'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    Jaysus Ray, I'd sit in a "dungeon" for 2 hrs a day for half a million a year.

Do you fancy lugging 10 x 20 kg bags of adhesive up two fights of stairs ?

Fook me SJ, you wouldn't trust that gimp to do that, would you. ? He'd make a bollix of it....and he'd need a holiday after all that manual labour.!

Dungeon. Gimp. I see what you did there. :D

I owe Ray an apology. I said earlier he had 4 weeks off this summer. A cursory glance back through the thread tells me.

KT
    17 - 28/6 2 weeks
    Ray
    1 week in studio
    1 week on the Shannon Half work/half holiday
    2 weeks in studio

KT
    29/7 till 11/8 2 weeks

Brenda
    12 - 16 /8 1 week

It's 5 and a half weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Did you hear D'Arcy with Mark Cagney. Cagney was making the point that all the non taxpayer funded DJs used to look over at RTE and say "I'd love that money", and D'Arcy interrupts "well, I wasn't with RTE at the time". Such mealy mouthed crap. He did make the decision to jump to RTE for the money and all those DJs with other non taxpayer funded stations are now looking at him saying he is on ridiculous money for his "talent". The same as all the people who fund RTE are saying he is on ridiculous money for his "talent"

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

Did you hear D'Arcy with Mark Cagney. Cagney was making the point that all the non taxpayer funded DJs used to look over at RTE and say "I'd love that money", and D'Arcy interrupts "well, I wasn't with RTE at the time". Such mealy mouthed crap. He did make the decision to jump to RTE for the money and all those DJs with other non taxpayer funded stations are now looking at him saying he is on ridiculous money for his "talent". The same as all the people who fund RTE are saying he is on ridiculous money for his "talent"

I remember reading a 2015 interview that Ray did with the RTE Guide.....He said that he was on more money at Today FM compared to the money he now earns with RTE, he said he did not leave for money reasons cause he could have stayed at Today FM & earned more than he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

I had to laugh today when Ray said that he would never appear on Channel 4's Naked Attraction

They are looking for Irish people to take part, I cant get the picture of Ray walking out nude on that programme out of my head now!

gamecube wrote: »
    I had to laugh today when Ray said that he would never appear on Channel 4's Naked Attraction

They are looking for Irish people to take part, I cant get the picture of Ray walking out nude on that programme out of my head now!

I guarantee you he'd watch it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

sligojoek wrote: »
    I guarantee you he'd watch it though.

He wouldn't be allowed, matriarch Kelly pulls the plug at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

"When I was five years old I dreamt of sitting the leaving cert".

Honestly if you're going to push your "wholesome integrated migrant" story on us, you should at least make the story believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Two man haters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Two man haters

Even for a radio thread, that's a pretty daft comment.

"When I was five years old I dreamt of sitting the leaving cert".

Honestly if you're going to push your "wholesome integrated migrant" story on us, you should at least make the story believable.
    What's not believable?

For the benefit of other users, since you haven't bothered to say, that young woman was 5 years of age in 2006 when she was living in a Direct Provision Centre. She would have had no real stability in her life, and it's entirely credible that she would have had the dream, from that age, of finishing secondary school and going to University.

She's now doing that as a student at NUIG. I don't see why you feel the need to belittle her.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

What's not believable?

For the benefit of other users, since you haven't bothered to say, that young woman was 5 years of age in 2006 when she was living in a Direct Provision Centre. She would have had no real stability in her life, and it's entirely credible that she would have had the dream, from that age, of finishing secondary school and going to University.

She's now doing that as a student at NUIG. I don't see why you feel the need to belittle her.

Because she was 5.
    She was 5 years old.
    I dont know any 5 year old that know all the details about the leaving cert and university.
    It's complete rubbish. It's not credible at all.
    No five year old thinks about finishing school in 14 years.

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Because she was 5.
    She was 5 years old.
    I dont know any 5 year old that know all the details about the leaving cert and university.
    It's complete rubbish. It's not credible at all.
    No five year old thinks about finishing school in 14 years.
    You don't think 5-year-olds know about finishing school and going to college?

Of course 5-year-olds with older siblings and relatives know about that.

She's now about 18 years of age, and has more good sense in her head and courtesy in her manner than some people who are much older, so I wouldn't struggle for a moment to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Heard Ray interview Claudia Keane (Robbie's missus) during the week.

Towards the end of the interview it transpired that Claudia is a "Spar Ambassador" and was simply being interviewed to promote Spar.

How do RTE allow this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

bureau2009 wrote: »
    Heard Ray interview Claudia Keane (Robbie's missus) during the week.

Towards the end of the interview it transpired that Claudia is a "Spar Ambassador" and was simply being interviewed to promote Spar.

How do RTE allow this?

Cos they ran out of Fair City people to interview and PJ Gallagher was on holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Did I just hear Darcy say to some old man dancing in Argentina, will you come onto our Saturday night show?

I thought his awful, awful show was dumped???

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭amlinopta

They pulled the plug on the last series a couple of months early but for some inexplicable reason, it’s coming back for another run in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

darcy on about his dog being too slow for his run lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

amlinopta wrote: »
    They pulled the plug on the last series a couple of months early but for some inexplicable reason, it’s coming back for another run in September.

Christ!

Advertisement