Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

amlinopta wrote: »
    They pulled the plug on the last series a couple of months early but for some inexplicable reason, it’s coming back for another run in September.

I was very surprised to hear that the show was coming back, especially given the circumstances that you describe. The only conclusion that I can come to is that they simply had nothing better to replace it with. I saw the promo and their offering for next season really is underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I was very surprised to hear that the show was coming back, especially given the circumstances that you describe. The only conclusion that I can come to is that they simply had nothing better to replace it with. I saw the promo and their offering for next season really is underwhelming.

de rte banks media politicians all back each other.
    Darcy is more connected to aib ceo than an average listener.
    fascinating darcy interview with joesph ur not working class anymore darcy ur not either..
    ps give ur fkjng dog a chance to catch up
    vegan treats dont cross muster..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Jesus. He's. full of it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

" Live on de telly."

I wonder is farcy squirming in his seat knowing what 1/8 of his extortionate wages could do for that family .

• Advertisement

I wonder is farcy squirming in his seat knowing what 1/8 of his extortionate wages could do for that family .

I was listening to this in the car and thinking the same thing. Complaining with the family about there being no money available to them when he is taking far too much himself from the same pie. Shameful hypocrisy, particularly from him who used to complain about the RTE wages when he was on the other channel.

Wish you'd ever fook off and peruse your hobby farcy

You're a good man for the hypocrisy yourself Ray. Remember how you used to give out about RTE wages, or when you said you would leave the country if Enda Kenny was elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭mountain

You’re a fool Darcy.

Mick, thanks for coming in to studio today and listening to all my childish jibes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

mountain wrote: »
    You’re a fool Darcy.

:eek:

Post of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

"Hold up a potato and gies what breed it is" games and features that rely purely on being seen need to be prohibited on radio. A transition year work experience producer wouldnt let it happen.

Ray is mad to reveal the price before they do it on "de telly".

Labour ward

Ray's ears prick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Wrong name for the Nuacht yesterday and the news today, so lazy. €500k

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭mikekerry

"and here is the 3 o clock news with Eileen dunne".
    "it's shane mcgowan actually ray"!!!!!
    a classic.

So all Irish people think all black people are lazy .

I think it is disgraceful that people are treated like they are lesser humans because they look different and speak a different language.....

And I think it's an even bigger disgrace that RTE have allowed Ray D'Arcy to treat the Nuacht team such a manner. *boom boom* :pac:

I dont do Twitter, dont even know how it works, but did I hear farcy calling himself 'radio ray' on the Twitter thingy today ?. Whad a dipstick

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭gamecube

When Ray said that he'd love to run around Ireland for a year & write a book about it I laughed....

Then he said that he'd have to win the Lotto to give up work for a year I was roaring laughing!!

• Advertisement

For a man who hates gambling he's fixated with the Lotto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

sligojoek wrote: »
    For a man who hates gambling he's fixated with the Lotto

He is the most complete hypocrite I have ever seen.
    He said he would leave Ireland if Enda got elected
    He hated the huge wages RTE staff were on, we know how that went
    He hates gambling but had the Davy Russell after he won the National

He is a national embarrassment, I hope for the licence paying public he gets the boot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Jeez there's awful hatred for the man here. You would swear he was Ireland's biggest criminal. Behind the personality we see and hear there is a husband, father, brother and son. For all that he talks about himself we probably only know a smidgen of him.

In fairness if you or I got his opportunities in life would we turn down the € on the moral that others get paid a lot less?? Come on.

Jeez there's awful hatred for the man here. You would swear he was Ireland's biggest criminal. Behind the personality we see and hear there is a husband, father, brother and son. For all that he talks about himself we probably only know a smidgen of him.

In fairness if you or I got his opportunities in life would we turn down the € on the moral that others get paid a lot less?? Come on.

Of course there is hatred, the guy is stealing a living off the licence payers. I was that guy once in a great paying job, but after a few months I knew I couldn't cut the mustard, and without embarrassing myself or letting the team down I knew my place to move on. Mr Darcy knows he is bulletproof so he just going through the motions and picking up his check for doing a really **** job.
    He should be put to a night time shift, and give Derek Mooney his proper slot

RTE are all about keeping jobs in the family and not losing face.
    Dee Forbes will never fire or demote Darcy because that was one of her first high profile signing, If he lost his show that would be a kick in the face for her.
    Unlike Today FM, who publicly fired Muireann O'Connell from the afternoon show to be replaced with Darcys sidekick Mairead Ronan, which they will regret in time
    At least Today FM had the balls to change presenters, RTE management dont have that.
    They will have Duffy, Darcy, Marian, and Tubs, the four most over paid people in the country until they die

He was giving out one day about how "RTE should have more women presenters" but the gender balance did not seem to be an issue for him when applying for Mooney's job. He was giving out about RTE wages when he worked in private industry, and then took those same ridiculous wages himself when he moved. He was pontificating yesterday about how all human beings should be treated the same, when he treats the Nuacht staff like something he wiped off his shoe. If he actually said "I'm just doing a job for the money" then that would be fine. But it's the fact that he tries to ram ideals that he DOES NOT EVEN ADHERE TO HIMSELF down the listener's throats - that is what makes him unbearable.

Nothing like a good rant to start the day. I'm a bit pumped up now, I think I'll ring one of our suppliers for a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Jeez there's awful hatred for the man here. You would swear he was Ireland's biggest criminal. Behind the personality we see and hear there is a husband, father, brother, son and hypocritical wank5r.. For all that he talks about himself we probably only know a smidgen of him.

FYP

What fruit have you in a fruit bowl ?? For **** sake.

You already did look in the archive ray.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Who's the scumbag on now?

Advertisement