Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

In his comfort zone now, selling coffee.

now the conversation has changed to the barista guy's sick child who later died. typical RTE....always bringing sickness and misery into everyday items.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

now the conversation has changed to the barista guy's sick child who later died. typical RTE....always bringing sickness and misery into everyday items.

I told Alexa to shut the fcuk up when it moved to that.

She responded, “That’s not a nice way to talk”

Probably right, as usual, but ....hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

And now Running ,:):);)

Ray: "..and then you found solace in running"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

Her voice “quavering” with rage.... then this imposter mentions ‘Die welt’

Is it it ‘Die’ or ‘Dee’. FFS

Jeebus h Christ how does a tosser like this earn .5 big of taxpayers money.

The mind boggles.

Heard yer one Greta on RTE 1 this morning where they played her speech. She is very easily becoming one of the most annoying mouthpieces this doomed planet has ever produced.

• Advertisement

Heard yer one Greta on RTE 1 this morning where they played her speech. She is very easily becoming one of the most annoying mouthpieces this doomed planet has ever produced.

I will concur with that excellent piece of observation Hugh.

In my opinion, and I stress it’s just an opinion, she will be under medical care shortly after Xmas.

I will concur with that excellent piece of observation Hugh.

In my opinion, and I stress it’s just an opinion, she will be under medical care shortly after Xmas.

Maybe we just don't like listening to the awful truth that "we" have done bugg*r all about the climate? I do, however, entirely agree with you last statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jesus what is it with Darcy and Tubbs playing all these high pitched whiney male singers?

Heard two great Irish-isms on D'Arcy just now.

"There's more in that head than a comb would take out" - presumably a reference to intelligence

And if something is tragic it's "as bad as an ass dying on a widow and her turf in the bog"

Can't make up my mind on Alain de Botton, is he a serious person or hawking self-help poolside reading for people who don't have enough real problems in their lives?

• Advertisement

"Repatriise repaytriise. I can never get that word right"

How much is he on?

sligojoek wrote: »

How much is he on?
    Incredible..pure skutter

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Ray delighted with his ability to use at least some of the buttons today.

Ah--ha

PauloMN wrote: »
    Ray delighted with his ability to use at least some of the buttons today.

he used to be a dj as he keeps reminding us

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

How much is he on?

He estimated 11 stone was 90kg yesterday when that weight lifter was on. “I don’t use that system”, what system is that, basic common knowledge?

huberman on the show today

please go away you are not funny or good.

He estimated 11 stone was 90kg yesterday when that weight lifter was on. “I don’t use that system”, what system is that, basic common knowledge?

I heard that. Couldn’t believe he could come up with that.
    Lookit, it’s like this, the guy is totally out of his depth, these are the little snippets that are catching him out time after time after time.

As I have been rabbiting on about for yonks, in his comfort zone dealing with meat raffles, what happened at Electric Picnic, the Ploughing, some obscure gig in Vicar St, who is going well in ‘Dancing’ Love Island’ ‘ Strictly’ Fair Ciddie’ that kind of low intensity stuff.

400k for that kind of output puzzles many people ,myself included, given the platform he is on.

More suited to the ‘Redtop’ category where the ‘exploits ‘ of z lister ‘celebrities’ and wannabes chancers and ‘social media influencers’ hold the front page content.

Cannot square that circle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭bobbyss

More suited to the ‘Redtop’ category where the ‘exploits ‘ of z lister ‘celebrities’ and wannabes chancers and ‘social media influencers’ hold the front page content.

Yes indeedy. On friday at three until 3 30 he was monologing about I dont know what. Was eating beans mentioned or something like that. Such nonsense. Just pure laziness. Nothing of merit whatsoever. Nothing to engage the mind. Nothing radio. I kept thinking of his salary and how wrong it is.

bobbyss wrote: »
    Yes indeedy. On friday at three until 3 30 he was monologing about I dont know what. Was eating beans mentioned or something like that. Such nonsense. Just pure laziness. Nothing of merit whatsoever. Nothing to engage the mind. Nothing radio. I kept thinking of his salary and how wrong it is.

Ya. Beans and melted cheese on toast is a "thing" in Australia. He's looking forward to trying it. I hope he knows baked beans are full of sugar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Ya. Beans and melted cheese on toast is a "thing" in Australia. .

Add a dollop of Colmans English mustard to that and it's magic.

He's up against Moncrief for the 1st hour of the show, so I suppose the thinking is to try to out weird and wacky him to keep the audience from switching. The problem there is Moncrief has that particular market cornered so it's the shakings if the bag for Darcy.
    They should pick a genre.... weird and wacky and make it good or the radio version of the RTÉ Guide and hope people don't get fed up of the constant repetition of guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cancer in the first few minutes.

Farcy is an absolutely shyte interviewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"Who is that Cavan footballer that we had in here that had testicular cancer".

You think he would just look up the damned book.

Sure...it wouldn't be rte without a cancer segment..on every fkin show.!!

Edit : Ronan Collins excluded

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Cancer, leukaemia, Alzheimers and a follow up on last week's paralysis all featured. Positive start to the week.

Sure...it wouldn't be rte without a cancer segment..on every fkin show.!!

Edit : Ronan Collins excluded

There was no cancer back in the 1970s, dude.

Ah-ha...says Darcy.;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Neither were the majority of posters on 'Boards' :pac: man !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭bobbyss

"Who is that Cavan footballer that we had in here that had testicular cancer".

What a disrespectful thing to say.

Advertisement