Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

amlinopta wrote: »
    Another week off for Ray maybe? Kathryn gets the first mention of the daughter inside 60 seconds. Sweating in the bed with the heavy duvet, wonder how "himself" finds it?

Whiff of box Batther?

Bara Brith is served everywhere all year round in Wales.

Ray’s continued adverts for Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I’m hoping the loyal followers of this thread might be able to assist me. I have a vague recollection of D’Arcy going on about a blood test all men over 40 and women over 50 should have to identify their risk of suffering from a cardiac event commonly referred to as the “Widow Maker”. My understanding is that people can have normal cholesterol but be at a serious risk of this condition without having any obvious symptoms.

If someone here could provide me with the name of the blood test or any relevant info I would be very grateful for it right now. Many thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I love the start of the show where Ray does the monologue about how he was walking the dog when it rained, or how he was talking to tom about the sheep in the field. It sort of brings me back to primary school when you used to write an essay about what you did at the weekend. And Ray captures that same level of grammar that we all had back in primary school for authenticity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Who had the most trick n treaters?

What age is he?

God it's tired oul cliche stuff all the same isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Took a break; grand says I, the Nuacht'll be on time for a change.....nope he returns with PJ to promote Madhouse his show and time's dragging on and it's 1603 by my watch right now........

I’m hoping the loyal followers of this thread might be able to assist me. I have a vague recollection of D’Arcy going on about a blood test all men over 40 and women over 50 should have to identify their risk of suffering from a cardiac event commonly referred to as the “Widow Maker”. My understanding is that people can have normal cholesterol but be at a serious risk of this condition without having any obvious symptoms.

If someone here could provide me with the name of the blood test or any relevant info I would be very grateful for it right now. Many thanks in advance!

I’m not sure but a quick google search turned this up

https://www.thehealthy.com/heart-disease/tests-for-your-heart/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Took a break; grand says I, the Nuacht'll be on time for a change.....nope he returns with PJ to promote Madhouse his show and time's dragging on and it's 1603 by my watch right now........

Im not a fan of Ray by any stretch, but why is everyone here so worried about the irish news, its not like many people can understand it
    Is it just a stick to hit him with ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Im not a fan of Ray by any stretch, but why is everyone here so worried about the irish news, its not like many people can understand it

Its the disrespect he has for the nuacht readers,it could be 4pm and instead of going to the news he will go to an ad break or introduce a new guest,the nuacht is never on at 4 and sometimes can be nearer 4.10

BPKS wrote: »
    Ray had a mad weekend.

He bought a barm brac.

Is there sugar in that?

Its the disrespect he has for the nuacht readers,it could be 4pm and instead of going to the news he will go to an ad break or introduce a new guest,the nuacht is never on at 4 and sometimes can be nearer 4.10

Maybe if they sound the “pips” of 4 o’clock, it might remind him (or, on mature reflection, not)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Ray to PJ gallagher today

"We spoke about your play on the TV...the telly, a few months back"

wtf ???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Got it in one.
    They are lining up to get a belt at him.
    Time was they were sharing a stick but they all have their own now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Maybe if they sound the “pips” of 4 o’clock, it might remind him (or, on mature reflection, not)

Or just turn off his mike and take control of the desk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Ray to PJ gallagher today

"We spoke about your play on the TV...the telly, a few months back"

wtf ???

It's the small celebrity circle in Ireland; not sure re Tubridys morning show but with D'Arcy it appears if you're on his radio programme you'll be on his TV Show sometimes the next day or same week/end but generally at some stage same series no matter what; for those of us who hear & watch both one can feel a bit cheated hearing the same stories as a result mind.

It's the small celebrity circle in Ireland; not sure re Tubridys morning show but with D'Arcy it appears if you're on his radio programme you'll be on his TV Show sometimes the next day or same week/end but generally at some stage same series no matter what; for those of us who hear & watch both one can feel a bit cheated hearing the same stories as a result mind.

Celebrities . Where ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

My post was highlighting that D'arcy corrected himself when he said TV instead of saying telly!!

Ray's not fit to plug in Gay Byrne's microphone.

• Advertisement

Hour and a half of a eulogy. Darcy couldn't even lace Gaybo shoes.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Ray's not fit to plug in Gay Byrne's microphone.

He'd make a bollix of even that task

Sad news. Great way to open an interview ;)

I thought Vinny was persona non gratis on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

couldn't think of anyone worse trying to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The dislike of Ray Darcy is well rehearsed on here but could I make a plea that posters just ease back on it for the day that's in it.
    We just lost a really great broadcaster and this is a time to remember him and all the wonderful radio moments he gave us over the years.

Gay gave voice to people who no other would give a voice to, as opposed to Ray who gives voice to his own opinions and people with opinions similar to him.

Maxi was my favourite as well.

Sorry elperello I can't resist.

Will Ray pay tribute to Gay by going off clock for An Nuacht?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

this man should be phoning from prison

Advertisement