Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

this man should be phoning from prison

Leave Twink alone.

Gay, a broadcaster who thought it was important that neither the guest or the audience be influenced by his OWN opinions. Something that is now missing from every radio station, where the presenters seem to state their own opinion first and dare the guest to disagree with them on their show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Im not a fan of Ray by any stretch, but why is everyone here so worried about the irish news, its not like many people can understand it
    Is it just a stick to hit him with ?

I want to hear the sports report after

• Registered Users Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭elperello

sligojoek wrote: »
    Sorry elperello I can't resist.

Will Ray pay tribute to Gay by going off clock for An Nuacht?

I tried :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

D'Arcy the Dandy expects us to believe that he doesn't like shopping for clothes!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Maybe Bono will ring in again thinks Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

All these people texting suggestions should be locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

BarryD2 wrote: »
    D'Arcy the Dandy expects us to believe that he doesn't like shopping for clothes!!!!
    A shop assistant could have told him how poxy these high heels look on him

A shop assistant could have told him how poxy these high heels look on him

My Mum used to say that you can tell a lot about a man by his shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

withless wrote: »
    All these people texting suggestions should be locked up.

Who should be locked up? Ray? I didnt catch the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

D'Arcy doesn't shop for his clothes. He's told what to wear.
    I see he had a to bring a +1 to the LateLate tribute show.

A tight leash.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone else think Ray sounds like Fr Dougal?

Quality of his content sort of similar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What age is this bozo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Will he or won't he?

(mention Jocky Wilson).

Ray sounds like he knows a lot more than hes letting on

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Interview is going well :D

Interview is going well :D

Had to turn him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Another "Sure you're on the radio; will you come on the telly too" moment for tomorrow night > Also joining Ray are two Dublin teenagers who met over a piano in Connolly Station - Darragh Smith and Stephanie Starpong will be in studio for a live performance of the hit song that brought them to the country's attention this week.

Once is enough surely? Their radio appearance was also live-streamed but of course D 4bs wants to ensure streaming & traditional TV crossover so "Did you hear?" becomes "Did you see?" as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

poor child had no chance with a mother with like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

poor child had no chance with a mother with like this

You’ve got to wonder. Steve May be reverting to Sadhbh when he/she hits some age. Stadbh’s a nice name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Ray comes back from a break, asks if another break's due, let's Popey waffle on (he could probably've skipped him) and so now's going be late for Nuacht......

Was listening to the interview with mother who has a “gender neutral” house. I had to laugh when she started off slipping into stereotypes when she said one child liked pink, therefore they were obviously a girl. She’s obviously very naturally given to stereotyping herself. In other times it was “pink for boys, blue for girls”. I could say that I was actually brought up in a “gender neutral” home but by default rather than deliberate action by my parents.

Born a biological girl, naturally inclined towards mechanical things, cars, airplanes probably because both parents were mechanically minded; loved pink, probably because most ladies’ toilets were decorated pink back in 60s so became fascinated by the colour; liked to be dressed boyishly, probably because I felt it felt more secure being a bit more modestly covered; loved male company, probably because I was surrounded by boys and good male role models; grew up a typical female boy-admiring teenager. I am fairly certain if I were a child these days I would at some stage get the idea to identify as male, especially if doing so got me more of the requisite attention and I heard about some other people doing it. I wouldn’t have wanted to miss out on that, having entertained the idea of being a different nationality, religion etc, anything to be”different”. These times parents make a huge deal out of everything a child comes up with, reinforcing temporary role play rather than just not making a big deal out of everything and airing it all on public radio.

Was listening to the interview with mother who has a “gender neutral” house. I had to laugh when she started off slipping into stereotypes when she said one child liked pink, therefore they were obviously a girl. She’s obviously very naturally given to stereotyping herself.

Those two stories today, the one about the "chance" meeting of the two people performing a song who went viral, and the LGBT story, seemed very contrived to me. It seemed more about RTE getting their message to the audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

This is totally shocking - the dreariness of his show, his voice, his meanderings.
    "We get a lot of weather in Ireland"

Christ almighty.
    Why? how?
    Who's responsible?

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    This is totally shocking - the dreariness of his show, his voice, his meanderings.

Christ almighty.
    Why? how?
    Who's responsible?

Probably found out today how much his wages will be cut by! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Probably found out today how much his wages will be cut by! :D

And the answer is…. ……………… drumroll.......

Not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭bureau2009

But he's getting paid half a million for this!

Interesting to hear Terry Prone commenting on RTE's financial situation and presenters' pay in an interview with Pat Kenny.........

"there's nobody queuing up to poach RTE presenters."

Christ almighty.
    Why? how?
    Who's responsible?

Missed(purposely) the whole show today. Hes an absolutely shyte presenter. He has the charisma of a dead badger. I dont blame the person who hired him,I blame the person who wont fire him,although its probably the same person.
    I've heard him twice in the past few days once he was waffling about being in the back of a taxi with his missus ( cant think of her name ) he never mentioned it ;). Anyway he got uppity with the taximan because he didnt pay his tv licence.

The 2nd time was he e was on Tommy Tiernan show and was the same about people who don't pay their license.
    Is it any wonder ppl wont/dont pay when hes the recipient of a large chunk of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Christ almighty.
    Why? how?
    Who's responsible?

Gives out about something topical on the left.

“*sighhhhhhhhhhhh*.......I dunno”

• Advertisement

Had to laugh the other day when he was doing his usual lecture at the start of the show, this time about climate change -

says Ray "We need to question our sustainability?"

Says I - "I dont have five women queuing up to take over half my TV show, I think you should question your own sustainability?"

Advertisement