Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The 2nd time was he e was on Tommy Tiernan show and was the same about people who don't pay their license.
    Is it any wonder ppl wont/dont pay when hes the recipient of a large chunk of it..

It takes 3,125 people to pay their licence just to cover his salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

He dragged the out of that woman who gave him an apple tart before the show Saturday night; more proof of the Ray D'Arcy crossover; she'll probably get a spot on his TV Show before he signs off as a result of todays on air appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This fookin idiot doesn't even know what floor hes on ;)

People got off the train and went to various different places...shocker !

Lord, this is scarcely awe inspiring stuff about the solar system. "How to dumb something down" 101

• Advertisement

Right, that segment's over. Frances ? was well on top of her subject, and passionate about it; which is great, especially when you are engaging with and enthusing kids. She struggled with Ray, though, who couldn't stay on one topic for more than one banal question before hopping off on another tangent. Poor woman

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

had the misfortune to hear a few seconds of that clown getting giddy at one of his observations "the moons a ball and were looking up at it from a ball". Dont think NASA be looking for Ray any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I heard a good bit of Ray today because I was on the move.
    In my honest opinion it was as good a show of it's type that you could expect to hear.
    Just taking it on the one day I found it interesting and engaging.

(All the usual disclaimers apply, I'm just an ordinary listener)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

elperello wrote: »
    I heard a good bit of Ray today because I was on the move.
    In my honest opinion it was as good a show of it's type that you could expect to hear.
    Just taking it on the one day I found it interesting and engaging.

(All the usual disclaimers apply, I'm just an ordinary listener)

I heard a good bit too. The cat owner/hospital segment was possibly the most excruciating piece of listening I’ve had since the dentist drilled into a molar of mine. Hard to switch stations in a car when you are using your fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I heard a good bit too. The cat owner/hospital segment was possibly the most excruciating piece of listening I’ve had since the dentist drilled into a molar of mine. Hard to switch stations in a car when you are using your fist.

We can all point to segments of shows that we don't much like but we can't really expect to be lucky 100% of the time.

Lyric is always my escape hatch.

ps. whatever about radio consider switching dentists :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I heard some of that as well. I was gone after the "BCE".. ie Best cat ever.

I'm wunderin

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A sermon by Father D'arcy

More sanctimonious preaching from Raybo.

What a wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Great, a bit of depression to look forward to “on the telly” tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

500k a year for this folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

sligojoek wrote: »
    More sanctimonious preaching from Raybo.

What was it about today ?

Global warming, Politicians and drink driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Global warming, Politicians and drink driving.

Why am I not surprised that Healy Rae also managed to distract dopey D'Arcy from fobgate.

• Advertisement

Misery,misery,ffs! Switching over to RTE Gold,fcuk this shoite!

He's on a/nother day off again.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Anyone notice the An Post Book Awards Vicky Phelan I think won an award. Ray it seemed 'championed ' her.
    What's that all about?

He'll have her on 'blowing smoke' for 40 minutes today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I get the sense he is jumping on something little to do with him.

He just opened the show by thanking Kathryn (as in Thomas) for standing in for him yesterday.

It was Brenda Donohue.................

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    He just opened the show by thanking Kathryn (as in Thomas) for standing in for him yesterday.

It was Brenda Donohue.................

In fairness they both SHOUT the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Ray doing his best to try to spoil Christmas in advance, what a complete killjoy the man is.

Instead of having an alcohol free Christmas, why don't you do what I did last Christmas, have yourself a D'Arcy-free Christmas - don't listen to him on the radio and don't listen to him on the TV. And drink as much as you want because the last time I looked it was a free country, not run by RTE.

He'll have her on 'blowing smoke' for 40 minutes today.

Bingo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A quick bit of smoke alright. And a thanks to Kathryn for yesterday’s show presented by Brenda. Sounds like a nice nixer for him, wise to stick to the decaf.

Advertisement