Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What is this rubbish that I'm listening to?

Its really hard to believe this knut is able to walt upright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Its really hard to believe this knut is able to walt upright.
    The top honchos in rte headhunted this "talent"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

What is he doing today ?

The top honchos in rte headhunted this "talent"

They should have sent real headhunters:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Does the mother in the story have multiple convictions for theft and a husband who is in jail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

He had an opportunity to be on time for Nuacht.

He'd Roger from Dublin Bus on; finished by my watch at 1555; then he goes to an ad break, has a DFB guy on and goes Nuacht @ 1605 by my clock.......

A psychologist and a psycho analyst...hes in his element here. People he can relate to ;);)

Hes lost already...

Silly me. I thought the “soundtrack to your life”, which I thought we be about the music that runs in the background of your life, turns out to be an interview. Gimme my money back!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Silly me. I thought the “soundtrack to your life”, which I thought we be about the music that runs in the background of your life, turns out to be an interview. Gimme my money back!

And a life so full of musical connections.
    Interesting man.

(the check's in the post :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jaysus, why does Ray not ask the obvious questions of these dudes.

Who pays for all this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Every Friday we invite someone in to tell us about the soundtrack to their lives"

Nonsense.

These "Soundtracks" are always a plug for a book or gig.

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Every Friday we invite someone in to tell us about the soundtrack to their lives"

Nonsense.

Correct Joseph, always look for the vested interest.

sligojoek wrote: »

Nonsense.

Did myself a favour after Duffy and turned to spotify, but you are correct SJ, PLUG,PLUG,PLUG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Soundtrack to your Life should be a time for D'Arcy to go back to his Today FM high point; I loved the MOR (yes, I know!) type music he played on it; I know it was a beasht of a show at 3 hours & this is only half that but the show is so devoid of music; I think there's only one song played at the start, maybe one before/after 4 from an in studio band who stick around to play him out sometimes.

But STYL features very little music; any it does is a snippet.

No good Ray, no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Soundtrack to your Life should be a time for D'Arcy to go back to his Today FM high point; I loved the MOR (yes, I know!) type music he played on it; I know it was a beasht of a show at 3 hours & this is only half that but the show is so devoid of music; I think there's only one song played at the start, maybe one before/after 4 from an in studio band who stick around to play him out sometimes.

But STYL features very little music; any it does is a snippet.

No good Ray, no good.

Ray thinks folk would rather listen to him prattle on than some good music.

It's a slot that needs more thought.
    It could be a kind of Irish Desert Island Discs.

elperello wrote: »

Not with D’Arcy though, need a presenter with real knowledge to make that work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

elperello wrote: »

Miriam has that covered of a Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray Darcy's show is the "government telling us how to behave" show.

Dont drink . Don't smoke . Eat porridge

Same as Tubridy in the mornings.

Be kind to people. Read books. Go to the cinema. Stay away from your phone. Trump is bad .

Then you have the cancer and the depression etc.

These shows are billed as entertainment.

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Miriam has that covered of a Sunday morning.

I didn't know that I usually miss her show.
    I must try to listen to one.

The US...as in America ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Take another €250k off him so

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Thats some rubbish article. Someone trying to create **** for the sake of it and spinning it on gender grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

so 5 candidates applied for a job which is in 'show business' and they were asked to audition, for remuneration which will be massively disproportionate to their talents (this entirely being based on them applying to RTE in the first place, clearly nobody headhunting them for some ).

where is the problem here? I've had some fairly humiliating job interview scenarios myself for a fraction of the money they will potentially earn, its part of getting a job you want.

More so, what in sweet f*ck has gender to do with this process? Because you are female, now you can not be put through rigorous recruitment testing? It is a job in front of cameras presenting, are we supposed to be handing a job in RTE still to someone presenting because they once waxed joe duffy's areshole when they were working a part time job in college?

so 5 candidates applied for a job which is in 'show business' and they were asked to audition, for remuneration which will be massively disproportionate to their talents (this entirely being based on them applying to RTE in the first place, clearly nobody headhunting them for some ).

where is the problem here? I've had some fairly humiliating job interview scenarios myself for a fraction of the money they will potentially earn, its part of getting a job you want.

More so, what in sweet f*ck has gender to do with this process? Because you are female, now you can not be put through rigorous recruitment testing? It is a job in front of cameras presenting, are we supposed to be handing a job in RTE still to someone presenting because they once waxed joe duffy's areshole when they were working a part time job in college?

FFS, sweet living Jesus:mad:

I'll not be able to get that image out of my head now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

NIMAN wrote: »
    FFS, sweet living Jesus:mad:

I'll not be able to get that image out of my head now.

Sorry, *heard D'arcy did a stint working in a beauty salon in Clontarf in the 90's...

*pure speculation

• Advertisement

Buzzkill from the start

Advertisement