Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

You're certainly very generous Ray,so generous in fact I hear you're giving your talk show away to Tommy Tiernan ;)

Ray:"Dana will be playing the soundtrack of her life"

<click>

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray takes the "Kindness" baton from Joe who took it from SOR who took it from Tubbs.

If I hear the word "Kindness" again today I'll thump whoever says it.

Women.. Great bunch o' lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Fr D'arcy says keep your Christmas pure

• Advertisement

Keeping the ant- mobile phone crusade going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Is Ray for real? Does he even half believe some of the stuff he comes out with? And why is this time slot the default for LGBT issues? I've no problem with LGBTXYZ issues being aired but why not across a wider sweep of shows, instead of being usually stuck into the afternoon slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭elperello

sligojoek wrote: »
    Ray takes the "Kindness" baton from Joe who took it from SOR who took it from Tubbs.

If I hear the word "Kindness" again today I'll thump whoever says it.

Very grumpy today.

"Try A Little Kindness"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvswocNN-g8

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

elperello wrote: »
    Very grumpy today.

"Try A Little Kindness"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvswocNN-g8

Didn't hear it thank God. Wonder is the realisation that his tv show is getting axed AGAIN coming home to roost ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

sligojoek wrote: »
    Women.. Great bunch o' lads.

Just cos Ray has a women making all the decisions in his life he thinks the rest of us should do the same. Whatever happened to judging people on the content of their character and not on their sex? D'arcy is an embarrassment.

• Advertisement

Didn't hear it thank God. Wonder is the realisation that his tv show is getting axed AGAIN coming home to roost ?.

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

For what seems to be the only bit of music he plays (unlike Today FM where he could play 5-6 songs every hour for a 3 hour show) he ignored Housemartins & Flying Pickets for a song by whom I don't know/can't remember.

Three researchers/producers got to vote as they do regularly; THREE for a show that doesn't even last 1.5 hours plus a presenter plus at least one producer!!???

I listen to my local station & their prime time shows have 1 Presenter & 1 Researcher in mornings (2 hours) and I think 1 Presenter & I'm not even sure if they have a researcher for that 1.5 hour slot.

Don't try tell me D'Arcy's any better than what's on local radio where many of the national topics're as relevant; he's not & RTE're the idiots for throwing probably more money at him for less time & poorer content than Today FM did; I know to now he had the TV Show but I'd wager they're still over-paying him on the radio side; remember it's him only; the researchers & producers're paid out of a separate budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

First time I've tuned in in months.

The Niamh from Fair City and Neil Delamere interview was pure cringe, two nobodies who think they're funny trying to out smart-alec each other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Tony_Clifton

Just cos Ray has a women making all the decisions in his life he thinks the rest of us should do the same. Whatever happened to judging people on the content of their character and not on their sex? D'arcy is an embarrassment.

I heard his little speech yesterday about how women should be in charge of everything , I thought it was actually a piss take.
    its sickening the crap he comes out with and paid nearly 8 grand a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

padd b1975 wrote: »
    First time I've tuned in in months.

The Niamh from Fair City and Neil Delamere interview was pure cringe, two nobodies who think they're funny trying to out smart-alec each other.

Ray was doing his best to make it cringy alright but Neil Delamere is sharp enough. Ever watch the Blame Game on BBC NI? Has run it close to the bone many times, having a cut at the DUP or SF etc. The sort of satire that this state wouldn't tolerate from Dermot Morgan by several accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Kevin Dundon repeating Catherine Fulvio’s turkey tips from four hours earlier on the Sean O’Rourke show. Lazy stuff. How many producers and researchers on this mess of a program?

amlinopta wrote: »
    Kevin Dundon repeating Catherine Fulvio’s turkey tips from four hours earlier on the Sean O’Rourke show. Lazy stuff. How many producers and researchers on this mess of a program?

high quality broadcasting at its best.
    we are lucky to have the superstars we do!!
    duffy,tubridy,darcy,finucane world class.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

high quality broadcasting at its best.
    we are lucky to have the superstars we do!!
    duffy,tubridy,darcy,finucane world class.

Fast fwd. to 2020.......it will be the same auld stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭amlinopta

€2m gross salaries approx. for that quartet prior to the 15% deduction which may or may not happen it seems. No wonder they're in such a financial mess.

€2m gross salaries approx. for that quartet prior to the 15% deduction which may or may not happen it seems. No wonder they're in such a financial mess.

did you not hear dee forbes on the radio last week..
    ryan tubridy has had his salary almost halved in the last 8 years...poor fella is only on 1/2 a million a year now.

they are, according to her outstanding broadcasters and we are lucky to have them
    world-class broadcasters dont know we havent lost them to the bbc or america

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

THREE; he mentioned 'em by name today & yesterday when deciding which song to play of three options.

Three Researchers......plus, presumably a producer (at least one....) and a presenter.

For a show that, 3pm News, Ad Breaks, Nuacht etc. excluded is about an hour and 10 minutes long........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Mairead Farrell said earlier that she was over with Ray and Jenny at the weekend.
    They're still friends it seems

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Mairead Farrell said earlier that she was over with Ray and Jenny at the weekend.
    They're still friends it seems

Over for a meal probably.
    Porridge and a glass of water.

And Joe Duffy after asking the Indian lad where he was from on the previous show. RTE hypocrisy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

And Joe Duffy after asking the Indian lad where he was from on the previous show. RTE hypocrisy

I think its time to except that Duffy is an igrorant buffoon and RTE are in their own bubble

16.02 and he's still talking about cheesecakes.

You are allowed to give the odd opinion Ray, and then RTE gets a phone call from the BAI about your bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

10 minute piece with Oliver Callan at 4.20pm today sounded pre-recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

had the misfortune of listening to this idiot talking in detail about his school play in 1st class. I can honestly say if I was in the company of a friend and they started telling me about their school xmas show when they were in first class, of which nothing of interest happened, i would first ask them why they are telling me this and secondly I would ask them to STFU. this guy is telling this tedious piece of sh*t humdrum story on national airwaves to a large audience and receiving a huge wad of cash in return. try and explain this to someone who has just arrived in ireland and never listened to RTE or Ray Darcy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

10 minute piece with Oliver Callan at 4.20pm today sounded pre-recorded

Probably so they could edit out the bits when Callan tool the p1s$ out of Ray.

Advertisement