Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,529 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Oh god, Ray taking requests! :eek:

Listen to him play The Prodigy’s ‘Firestarter’ for somebody recovering from third-degree burns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Good man Ray, bash the Catholic Church for the year and then jump on board the Christmas bus. To be consistent should Ray not be announcing that Christmas reminds him of child abuse, as he said about the Angelus? Why does he support Christmas, is it simply because it is popular to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

ray de weasel darcy of rte

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Good man Ray, bash the Catholic Church for the year and then jump on board the Christmas bus. To be consistent should Ray not be announcing that Christmas reminds him of child abuse, as he said about the Angelus? Why does he support Christmas, is it simply because it is popular to do so?
    I heard he wanted to forego his Christmas holidays and offered to work over Christmas because the Christmas reminded him of all the abuse by the CC.. Also there will be no Christmas decorations or presents or paraphernalia connected to the Catholic Church in the D'Arcy household because of his strongly held beliefs

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I heard he wanted to forego his Christmas holidays and offered to work over Christmas because the Christmas reminded him of all the abuse by the CC.. Also there will be no Christmas decorations or presents or paraphernalia connected to the Catholic Church in the D'Arcy household because of his strongly held beliefs

I hope what you heard was untrue, because if it was true.....well ....I won’t say what I would like to say......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I hope what you heard was untrue, because if it was true.....well ....I won’t say what I would like to say......
    Tis as true as I'm sittin above on top of this bicycle here

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Katherine straight in with the phone bashing propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Christmas Truce over :)

National anthem for Mars.

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So Duffy and D'arcy, 2 of RTe's huge earners, are on extended Xmas holidays.

Nice if you can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

NIMAN wrote: »

Nice if you can get it.

Hmmmm a lad back in 2006..... jaysus ...14 years ago cottoned on to that.

What happened him, we don’t know.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205803

• Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hmmmm a lad back in 2006..... jaysus ...14 years ago cottoned on to that.

What happened him, we don’t know.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205803

Buried under Montrose?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    Katherine straight in with the phone bashing propaganda.

Cant believe she can compose herself, after her near death experience with the Australian wildfires . She was there a number of years ago dontchano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

NIMAN wrote: »

Nice if you can get it.

Had the exact same thought when the intro kicked in “TALK TO JOE...OH WAIT, THE FAT F*CK IS OFF AGAIN”

“You almost feel embarrassed if you forget to bring your reusable cup when you order a coffee and have to take the paper cup”...will ever f*ck off Kathryn. Don’t feel the slightest bit of guilt with this nonsense tax in particular. why the coffee cup has been singled out over a crisp bag or mars bar wrapper is a mystery.

I think I have the name for the new Saturday night show with all of the female broadcasters that is running for the next few months.

"How Do You Solve A Problem Like Ray D'Arcy".

“You almost feel embarrassed if you forget to bring your reusable cup when you order a coffee and have to take the paper cup”...will ever f*ck off Kathryn. Don’t feel the slightest bit of guilt with this nonsense tax in particular. why the coffee cup has been singled out over a crisp bag or mars bar wrapper is a mystery.

Hard to get the crisps and the Mars bar to you hygienically and in good nick without the bag / wrapper.
    Different with coffee. The disposable cup is just a big lump of non-recyclable nonsense that can easily be replaced with a "foreva cup".

Anyway the bits of the programme I heard today I thought were middling. Not a bad effort for this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I wonder did Marian ever ask the bould Mary about the infamous Telecom shares that were supposed to make the public rich??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I wonder did Marian ever ask the bould Mary about the infamous Telecom shares that were supposed to make the public rich??

Or the infamous Mespil road flats sold to the clique by Irish Life insurance?

Or the infamous Mespil road flats sold to the clique by Irish Life insurance?

I'd forgotten about those.

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    Hard to get the crisps and the Mars bar to you hygienically and in good nick without the bag / wrapper.
    Different with coffee. The disposable cup is just a big lump of non-recyclable nonsense that can easily be replaced with a "foreva cup".

Anyway the bits of the programme I heard today I thought were middling. Not a bad effort for this time of year.

that makes no sense, why hot have a "foreva" crisp bag, or "foreva" mars bar, or any bar wrapper. its the exact same logic. they would even be more convenient for everyone to have rather than to have a cylindrical hollow cup in their pocket everyday. not everyone carries a bag.

that makes no sense, why hot have a "foreva" crisp bag, or "foreva" mars bar, or any bar wrapper. its the exact same logic. they would even be more convenient for everyone to have rather than to have a cylindrical hollow cup in their pocket everyday. not everyone carries a bag.

OK you go and pitch your sensible idea for confectionery distribution to the manufacturers and come back and let us know how you got on.

Most coffee buyers I see have either a bag or a car to carry the re-usable cup.

Not 100% mind you but enough to eliminate most of the non recyclable cups.

elperello wrote: »
    OK you go and pitch your sensible idea for confectionery distribution to the manufacturers and come back and let us know how you got on.

It's not a sensible idea, that's the point, it's a tax, nothing more.
    Most coffee buyers I see have either a bag or a car to carry the re-usable cup.

You're female, and don't take public transport into the city centre clearly.

But it's great that all these reusable coffee cup people you know are driving to get their coffees.

It's not a sensible idea, that's the point, it's a tax, nothing more.

You're female, and don't take public transport into the city centre clearly.

But it's great that all these reusable coffee cup people you know are driving to get their coffees.

You are confusing the choc bars and crisps with the coffee. That's what you said was the tax.

TBF I have enough trouble keeping up with my own side of discussions I'm just doing you a favour reminding you of yours.:)

Never heard of man bags?

I don't care how they get to their fix of whatever it is they drink. Besides most are on the road already for one reason or other. Only the real aficionados have a destination coffee stand.

Farcy complains about IT ;);)

More wokeness

Reading a menu ...400k +

What's he doing here anyway ?

W,as there no room in the taxi ?

Couldn't even get through 15 minutes of the new year without a balls up.

• Advertisement

Books. Is that not Tubridys territory?

Advertisement