Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Hes only a contractor, it wouldn't be hard to ditch him. D4bes thinks hes wurth it

The whole problem is the contract.
    RTE are caught by the short & curlys !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

D'Arcy: "Congratulations on losing FOUR pounds this week".
    Guest: "eh, that's the target that we have to lose for next week."
    D'Arcy: "sorry.. sorry.sorry"

Just goes to show what little interest he has in the Operation Transformation. He didn't even watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Yep

Sorry I don't/didn't quite get the reference; must've missed something at very beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Sorry I don't/didn't quite get the reference; must've missed something at very beginning.

Apparently Bear Grills has a 4 F rule. Fatigue,etc etc.
    I added a fifth for Raymond. The 2nd part starts with an 'O':D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Apparently Bear Grills has a 4 F rule. Fatigue,etc etc.
    I added a fifth for Raymond. The 2nd part starts with an 'O':D

Ahem.... I’ll second that Mr O.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

unrelated to d'arcy but heard that bear grylls bit 4 F's and NGU is what he lives by

Failure
    Fear
    Fire
    Faith

and Never Give Up

What kind of utter bollocks is that? Even if it does work for him, I'd be keeping that totally uninspiring muck to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

unrelated to d'arcy but heard that bear grylls bit 4 F's and NGU is what he lives by

Failure
    Fear
    Fire
    Faith

and Never Give Up

What kind of utter bollocks is that? Even if it does work for him, I'd be keeping that totally uninspiring muck to myself.

He's a big Ian Brown fan

Post mortem on the funeral mass

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Post mortem on the funeral mass

Fr Brian D’Arcy gives good mass.

Tell us about the background to the song. Its 35 fukin years old !!!
    What a dope

Didnt get an answer either and he didnt notice;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Fr Brian D’Arcy gives good mass.
    Excellent chalice work

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Positive start to the week with an exclusive interview with a funeral director...

When I heard the staged ‘schreeching’ over Saoirse Ronan I immediately switched off.

amlinopta wrote: »
    Positive start to the week with an exclusive interview with a funeral director...

I find Mr. McGowan very listenable to; his documentary on before Christmas was fascinating & informative.

But it's also lazy journalism by D'Arcy & while he can no longer put the person on his radio show on Friday on his TV Show on Saturday, this is just another version of that; it's like "Oh this was popular but we didn't have him on then, let's have him on now".

Seems like no Price Watch either as I type; normally shunted into last 5 minutes before Nuacht @ 4pm.

I was just eating when the funeral director spoke of how 14 pints of decaying purple blood have to be drained from a deceased via a cut in an artery, then a bag of embalming fluid is given like a drip to a hospital patient.

He’s just said “I’ve a passion for deceased people”. Thought that was presenter of the previous show :D

Farcy fuks up and immediately blames the studio :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 leedsforever

lovely listening on a winter afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Bang on 4.00 for an Nuacht. Credit where it's due.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭mountain

sligojoek wrote: »
    Bang on 4.00 for an Nuacht. Credit where it's due.

He’s been practicing for years,
    High fives in the studio

Ray Darcy 'the Dog Whisperer '

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

Ray Darcy 'the Dog Whisperer '

Glad that Ray clarified the nature of the mammal that the lady was referring to and the humping issue and his capacity to laugh/ giggle has’nt waited one iota. As a matter of fact I think that it has gone up an ‘ octave’ from the norm

He raised the issue tonight of what'll happen on count night since it will overlap with DWTS Irl; he initially also mentioned his own (TV) show'd've been axed on previous occasions too......I think he forgot himself for a bit as he seemed to be referring to it in present tense; it's gotta be a killer to have it effectively axed half way through its run; the TT Show itself'll only run til sometime in April I think whereas I **think** D'Arcys show did at least run til end of May.

Oh and the canine expert? Yeah he got her name wrong; I thought it was more than once but maybe it was just first time.

Farcy fuks up and immediately blames the studio :)

Studio 10 instead of Studio 7; how many studios does one radio centre require?

I know they've 2FM & RTE Gold & some other DAB Stations (for now) in with them but Lyric, for now & R Na G aren't.

10 Studios......I presume no Studio 11 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Studio 10 instead of Studio 7; how many studios does one radio centre require?

I know they've 2FM & RTE Gold & some other DAB Stations (for now) in with them but Lyric, for now & R Na G aren't.

10 Studios......I presume no Studio 11 etc.

Studio 11 is for when they want to step it up a notch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ray on a rant about homelessness. Fair enough but given the large number of overpaid public servants like himself, does he not feel uncomfortable with his remuneration package?

Idd love majella o Donnell to ask him that.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Ray on a rant about homelessness. Fair enough but given the large number of overpaid public servants like himself, does he not feel uncomfortable with his remuneration package?

First it was Duffy blaming Leo Varadkar then D’Arcy takes over as if E.Murphy was personally at fault and knew where to put a poster to cause the accident.

Will RTE continue with this kind of coverage till the election is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

First it was Duffy blaming Leo Varadkar then D’Arcy takes over as if E.Murphy was personally at fault and knew where to put a poster to cause the accident.

Will RTE continue with this kind of coverage till the election is over.

The powers that be in RTE obviously want FF back in charge.

Must have promised them a bail-out if they get back in.

NIMAN wrote: »
    The powers that be in RTE obviously want FF back in charge.

Must have promised them a bail-out if they get back in.

Yes NI that’s the way it looks, Duffy was nearly incandescent with faux rage over the event, immediately seeming to try and hang everything on Leo Varadkar .

Then when the SandyMount woman came on with reasonable rationale as to why the tents needed moving, he stayed totally quiet and then cut her dead.

There’s an agenda there for sure.......sommit is going on.

• Advertisement

We'll be looking at the new Aer Lingus uniform on the radio.

Advertisement