Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

The skirts get shorter on long haul flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

No. The women are wearing he trousers now and Ray approves. He wanted to know can the men wear skirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

sligojoek wrote: »
    No. The women are wearing he trousers now and Ray approves. He wanted to know can the men wear skirts.

We,ve known for years who wears the trousers in the Darcy house

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

We'll be looking at the new Aer Lingus uniform on the radio.

I fear that you're serious SJ ?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

This guy really is such a hypocrite. Talking today about how he's bored already with the election, and then he goes on to say "oh I have to name them all now, because of balance". Well Ray, balance would have not been saying I'll leave the country if a leader of one particular party gets elected Taoiseach. And seeing as how keeping election promises seems to be important to you today, why don't you keep your own promise on in relation to that same statement and f**k off to another country. He has no right to talk about politics and RTE should just tell him to stfu.

I mean the man must think that people just forget the nonsense that he's said in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This guy really is such a hypocrite. Talking today about how he's bored already with the election, and then he goes on to say "oh I have to name them all now, because of balance". Well Ray, balance would have not been saying I'll leave the country if a leader of one particular party gets elected Taoiseach. And seeing as how keeping election promises seems to be important to you today, why don't you keep your own promise on in relation to that same statement and f**k off to another country. He has no right to talk about politics and RTE should just tell him to stfu.

I mean the man must think that people just forget the nonsense that he's said in the past.

Well said Gerry, he had a go at Varadhkar straight off the bat today over the unfortunate individual in the tent.

Irrespective as to how you judge Varadhkar, the Taoiseach cannot micro management every thing that goes on on every incident that goes on in this country.

This coming from a dude who is getting more that 100k pa than the Taoiseach .

You couldn’t make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

half a million a year folks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

half a million a year folks

what did he do now ?

Ray’s guest more concerned about going to the Nuacht on time than is the maestro himself

Ray’s guest more concerned about going to the Nuacht on time than is the maestro himself

He was still 3 minutes late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

2smiggy wrote: »
    what did he do now ?

playing cow sounds effects

playing cow sounds effects

trying to find the sound of a happy cow or something. I didn't wait around to find out.

Ray (Not a racist) is bigging up the Chinese new year.

Is that not cultural appropriation? I'm surprised his wokeness allows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Yes, I heard that stuff today.

So Darcy is interviewing the author Cathy Kelly, fair enough, interesting person with her own achievements and its running up to 15.55. So she obviously noticed Darcy`s attention wandering ( there`s a surprise ) and said, " Oh sorry, I`m waffling on a bit" So Darcy comes back with " Ah its OK, they`ve just flashed up a reminder that I have a 2 minute ad break to take before the nuacht at 4 and Ive got to do this otherwise there is a row and we will be fined again. " Cathy Kelly said something like ," we`re nearly there so." What does Darcy do, says look its fine we`ll take the ad break and then finish our chat. So off they go to the ad break, come back for another chat and play a bit of Rebel Rebel before Darcy signs off from the interview and goes to Nuacht at.............16.04

How absolutely pathetic is he, unprofessional, incapable of time management. He should be well able to interview people in the time slot available and move on like the more professional broadcasters. I`ve never heard this stuff about fines before but I guess Darcy does`nt care about fines or the advertisers for that matter.

Time for this failed DJ to be moved on, its outrageous this stuff when you listen to Dee Forbes bleating about no money and 500k down the tube each year for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Switched on the Enya Martin interview; was a good 2-3 minutes before he let it be known who she was; I know who she is as I like her sketches & her on stage work.

But he then shoe-horns her into a Chinese New Year segment (he had it down as being tomorrow the 25th of January instead of next week the 25th; basic phucking s**t like! Just displays his disinterest in guests & segments on way to pick up his pay cheque); I yawned as a listener; I'd say she was professional and managed to stifle it.

If he had ad breaks properly separated out he could let guests in & out rather than overlap; I'd say she was quare bored.

yeah I listened back to that in disbelief.

"I'm gonna take this commercial break, because if not we'll be punished penalised and we have to pay a fine so I'll get this out of the way and then we'll have a couple more minutes to talk before Nuacht."

Who exactly is he having a go at here? Do RTE fine him for missing ads? It can't be his old adversaries the BAI surely, as they don't care about missing revenue. Pretty childish to bring it up in mid-interview. Or maybe it's unrealistic of his employer to expect competence on his part with regard to timing ad breaks, being on time for An Nuacht, pressing buttons, tying shoelaces or any basic broadcasting skills at this stage.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Switched on the Enya Martin interview; was a good 2-3 minutes before he let it be known who she was; I know who she is as I like her sketches & her on stage work.

I don't know what she's like at the stand up but always thought she was hilarious with yer man Rory.

And we’re off to a great start - two mouses, can he choose the right one!

A cock up in the first 4 seconds ;). Blaming the computer mouse :)

He's unbelievable

It's always the computers fault..

• Advertisement

Rehashing a story that got plenty of time on the news at 13.00. ;);)

He's unbelievable

It's always the computers fault..

Hes an a/h.

Inconsequential blatherings. €500k pa

Just like the Jack Nicholson thing. "It's not my fault, it was somebody else's idea".

I think they need to send him for tests at this stage. How can be possible to mess it up every single day.

Inconsequential blatherings. €500k pa

O had to leave the room for a little bit, hes still waffling 15.20 !!!

Just like the Jack Nicholson thing. "It's not my fault, it was somebody else's idea".

I think they need to send him for tests at this stage. How can be possible to mess it up every single day.

He just doesn't give a phuk. No preparation, no planning (unless it's a holiday),axed twice from the telly !. He has some neck.

Here's the misery slot.

This should be good(as in a car crash)

Asking someone from the North if they're politically aware.

She'd want to be living under a rock not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Has his salary been cut since the TV show was axed? He's phoning it in at this stage, so lazy, grand stretch in the evenings ffs

Advertisement