Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Sick listening to him about his cooking today making a cake for the wife's birthday helped by the daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Poor John Murray(where has he gone to) tried that ‘humour’ for the intro to the show back in the day....terrible stuff,terrible, eventually died the death
    but not for years.

Brings me to the Ray thing...same as John...simply not suited to the programme...that’s the problem.

Just listen to clip with Christy Moore- Ray literally palpitating and doing this inane laugh and gushing in the background.

Every time I hear him I am minded of the character Dougal in Fr Ted.

Has to re-enforce everything with a “isn’t it” or “ isn’t that right”.

Should have been left in his realm of competence.

John Murray gone nowhere far, at least up to recent times anyway. Was repurposed as a sports presenter after his 9-10am gig got the heave ho. Haven't heard him since live sport went belly up, mind, but figure he'll be soon back in the saddle when there's enough work to go around the deep Montrose squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Stop press..

Man makes burger.

How long is DArcy on radio and he still cannot work the buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Confusing buttons again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Literally taking the piss at the start today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Well done ray. Another fcuk up

When I heard Ray talking about his chats at the urinal in RTÉ, the vivid picture in my mind was not a very pretty one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 00so

Does he know anything about Tony Christie? Brutal interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

When I heard Ray talking about his chats at the urinal in RTÉ, the vivid picture in my mind was not a very pretty one :D

Heavy lumber Cat, heavy lumber, could stretch the equipment, they say.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Odder and odder as the weeks go by

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

At least D'Arcy finally recognises it that the constant balls-up he makes are all his fault.

The alternator, not the engine, charges the battery.

Plug for an RTE show.

A poor workman blames his tools.....

sligojoek wrote: »
    The alternator, not the engine, charges the battery.

D'Arcy probably has a Nissan Leaf. He seems like the sort of man who would drive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Poor John Murray(where has he gone to) tried that ‘humour’ for the intro to the show back in the day....terrible stuff,terrible, eventually died the death
    but not for years.

Brings me to the Ray thing...same as John...simply not suited to the programme...that’s the problem.

Yes, John Murray's 'comedy' monologue intro was woeful. At least somebody in RTE took notice and had the good judgement to moved him on. I suppose, it being RTE they couldn't let him go and moved him into sport. Nothing against the guy just not very suited to his job.

Now if only somebody in RTE had the good judgement to see that Ray Darcy is completely irrelevant and past his sell by date. Also, I can't stand that thing he does when he moves on to a new topic in the raised voice and comes to a sudden stop......followed by a pause.... and then continues with ehhhm.

Oh, and Des's Island Discs? No. I mean, not so bad, maybe, with the sports personalities but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Why is Ray Darcy allowed to do blatant free advertising for McDonald's, he said there was huge excitement in his house last night when they announced that they were reopening next week and can't wait to go there. Surely this is totally wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Why is Ray Darcy allowed to do blatant free advertising for McDonald's, he said there was huge excitement in his house last night when they announced that they were reopening next week and can't wait to go there. Surely this is totally wrong

Ye but his family are not McDonald people at all at all at all, the dont make porridge burgers yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

The irony of Farcy discussing DRONES when hes the biggest drone on radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Storm 10 wrote: »

I'm surprised. I thought he'd be all about those pear fellas with their conceited wholesomeness and immovable grins.

moe-smiling.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=963&h=919

• Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

BPKS wrote: »
    D'Arcy probably has a Nissan Leaf. He seems like the sort of man who would drive one.

How very dare you!

I have a Leaf. What are trying to say, that I am the same type of character as Ray?

I am disgusted.

You are off my Xmas card list.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Computer malfunction yet again, is that 4 botched intros out of 4 this week?

Give that young girl the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

amlinopta wrote: »
    Computer malfunction yet again, is that 4 botched intros out of 4 this week?

Ray has a weekly quota to meet :pac:

The only certainties in this life are Death, Taxes and Ray making a complete balls of the buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭shearforce

BPKS wrote: »
    The only certainties in this life are Death, Taxes and Ray making a complete balls of the buttons

it'd be grand only he's earning how a year?

Where do they find these young wans. That's a very strange Kerry accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Trinners....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Where do they find these young wans. That's a very strange Kerry accent.

Unbelievable..... wouldn’t be out of place in SoCal.

Advertisement