Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

I heard a bit of the show yesterday and, as you know, Ray is off this week (hopefully on a which-button-does-what? training course) and Kathryn Thomas is in loco parentis.

To be fair to her, and maybe it’s more about me being a bit more relaxed after four months of enforced peace and quiet, she seemed much less shouty, and more human; chatting to people re-opening their businesses who she seemed to know (through Operation Transformation, I think) letting them tell their story, encouraging and agreeing with them, wishing them well and all of that good stuff.

She even managed to get to the news on time at 4pm, despite the best efforts of a guy who was weaving his entire life history into what should have been a one minute story. And she did it politely. Fingers crossed for the future.

Does Kathryn have any children ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

It is quite sobering how many of those "COVID deaths" that Tony announced were not actually deaths related to COVID at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

I heard a bit of the show yesterday and, as you know, Ray is off this week (hopefully on a which-button-does-what? training course) and Kathryn Thomas is in loco parentis.

To be fair to her, and maybe it’s more about me being a bit more relaxed after four months of enforced peace and quiet, she seemed much less shouty, and more human; chatting to people re-opening their businesses who she seemed to know (through Operation Transformation, I think) letting them tell their story, encouraging and agreeing with them, wishing them well and all of that good stuff.

She even managed to get to the news on time at 4pm, despite the best efforts of a guy who was weaving his entire life history into what should have been a one minute story. And she did it politely. Fingers crossed for the future.

I think she may have had some kind of reality check when her genius show concept "operation covid nation" was ridiculed and criticised nationally, and rightfully so. she seemed to disappear for a bit.

Be funny if there were fewer downloads of the covid app after Ray Darcy gave it his approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The app is great

Download the app

The app is great

Download the app

The app is great

Download the app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

And yet doesn't know nearly 500k have already downloaded it

Oh he's reading the thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Why is he on Skype?? Surely he can just phone in??

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Why is he on Skype?? Surely he can just phone in??

I can never understand this. The sound is always a bit off, and the connection often suffers. Maybe they prefer to be able to see one another, that's the only purpose of a Skype interview that I can think of...

I can never understand this. The sound is always a bit off, and the connection often suffers. Maybe they prefer to be able to see one another, that's the only purpose of a Skype interview that I can think of...

Is there a live stream to the studio to watch?? the way hes talking about the app here, its as if hes showing it into a camera or someones face.

• Advertisement

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Is there a live stream to the studio to watch?? the way hes talking about the app here, its as if hes showing it into a camera or someones face.

Reminds me of when Derek Mooney used to do an annual Christmas-tree lighting episode. Whoever came up with that idea, for radio, should be sacked.

Ray trying to cut off John before he says anything too offensive

Father Stone on the Radio here......zzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Are you listening to this absolute sh1te. Ray, I'm not downloading it, so f**k off.
    Is he working for the HSE now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Are you listening to this absolute sh1te. Ray, I'm not downloading it, so f**k off.
    Is he working for the HSE now?

I'm not actually listening to Ray but I would urge you to re-consider.

The App may save lives and one of them could be yours.

It's not compulsory but it is sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭giveitholly

elperello wrote: »
    I'm not actually listening to Ray but I would urge you to re-consider.

The App may save lives and one of them could be yours.

It's not compulsory but it is sensible.

I agree with you but listening to Ray would actually put you off downloading it,The HSE should be on to RTE and telling them to shut up Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I agree with you but listening to Ray would actually put you off downloading it,The HSE should be on to RTE and telling them to shut up Ray

With respect, it's likely that he will influence more to download than he puts off given the high listenership.

The publicity seems to be going very well and the uptake is good. I hope the follow through will be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He’s after almost fohherking up the quiz.

How...... 450k......just how.

Get that guy off the radio

Jarlath O’ Regan......

What did he do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭giveitholly

fritzelly wrote: »
    What did he do?

Didn't realise he was from kildare,gave the wrong answer to one of the questions in the quiz and thought Jarleth Regan was Jarleth O'Regan

Didn't realise he was from kildare,gave the wrong answer to one of the questions in the quiz and thought Jarleth Regan was Jarleth O'Regan

What a shambles of a show holly, the mind boggles as to how that scone got that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just normal, run of the mill stuff so.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Just how, just how could he have got that so wrong today. I was listening at the time and I cringed. Fair play to the contestant tho, she put him right and told him.

Truly amateur stuff, its appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just normal, run of the mill stuff so.

The old normal so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

€600 million,is over half a billion....no shîþ Sherlock

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭mikekerry

got tv license bill during the week and to think some of that is going to fund this guy.
    sickening.

Ahhhh here....his ego will explode with all these complements.

"He only lives up the road", rigged this is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,353 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

DrSerious3 wrote: »
    luckily for him, his timeslot on Radio 1 could consist of a wailing cat

She covers for him anytime he takes a week off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,564 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

DrSerious3 wrote: »
    It has consisted of that for many years. He is very unpopular on Boards (and in real life also I suspect) luckily for him, his timeslot on Radio 1 could consist of a wailing cat and would still get hundreds of thousands of listeners. Sarah McInerney is a far better presenter and will be given due credit by the vast majority of posters here.

According to Boards, Peter Casey is the type of politician the country needs and everyone on the dole is a chancer milking the system while also looking for a forever home.

Neither is remotely close to be true in the real world. Many people of my generation, have fond memories of Ray given we grew up with him on the Den and his show on Today FM was very popular for a long time.

I wouldn't be using Boards as supporting evidence for making such a judgemental statement.

Advertisement