Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    Thought that myself last week. Maybe he had a minor stroke at some stage. Someone I know did and sometimes has a similar "slur".

Aah ok.... hope I didn’t upset anyone.... not something I like to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Aah ok.... hope I didn’t upset anyone.... not something I like to do.

Just a theory. I could be totally wrong.

Just a theory. I could be totally wrong.

Understand that... we will leave it at that so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Who produces the show, that's a very good question.

The show is actually produced by throwing lots of words into a big tank. Out the bottom of the tank comes a large pipe. These words travel along this large intestine like pipe for a couple of hours where they are processed. Out the end of this pipe pops the Ray D’Arcy Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Gods Gift wrote: »
    The show is actually produced by throwing lots of words into a big tank. Out the bottom of the tank comes a large pipe. These words travel along this large intestine like pipe for a couple of hours where they are processed. Out the end of this pipe pops the Ray D’Arcy Show.

I doubt it's that well organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭walshb

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Really Sad story, must be really hard for her with 3 young kids. My wife follows her on Instagram and she gets awful abuse on her account apparently.

That’s a sign for her to get offline then..Attention seeking works both ways..

Star signs and horoscopes.

Do people still believe that crap?

More hairdresser radio.

He's at that kindness sh1te now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

He's at that kindness sh1te now as well.

Yep. What I find difficult about his pontification is that some of us are so down/anxious/confused when out and about now are utterly unable to be "kind". We know we *should* be so then end up feeling worse.

Now I wouldn't be nasty to anyone but I don't think I am particularly kind to strangers at the moment either because I am so caught up in my own head or I feel just a little threatened re: COVID. First time I have realised that and admitted that hmmmm.

boarddotie wrote: »
    Yep. What I find difficult about his pontification is that some of us are so down/anxious/confused when out and about now are utterly unable to be "kind". We know we *should* be so then end up feeling worse.

Now I wouldn't be nasty to anyone but I don't think I am particularly kind to strangers at the moment either because I am so caught up in my own head or I feel just a little threatened re: COVID. First time I have realised that and admitted that hmmmm.

#MeToo

• Advertisement

Re Traveller interview - for once I am seeing Ray doing the right thing and properly questioning the interviewees, ie asking are a lot of their problems not the making of the community itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Re Traveller interview - for once I am seeing Ray doing the right thing and properly questioning the interviewees, ie asking are a lot of their problems not the making of the community itself.

Yes that was nicely done. One of the panel members said that is what she felt and then he went along that line of questioning. Very insightful and interesting piece actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gods Gift wrote: »

This sort of reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman finds out Family Guy is written by manatees :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Ah God, a woman there on holiday in kilarney was asked by a couple to take their photo but was afraid to touch the camera and refused. that's just sad

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Did he look threatening with his mask and baseball hat?

As threatening as a little short man can I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

NIMAN wrote: »
    Did he look threatening with his mask and baseball hat?

As threatening as a little short man can I guess.

Probably freaked everyone out goin around tryin to "smile with his eyes"

Leo was a lovely bloke. I met him a good few times in the two years before he died.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    This sort of reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman finds out Family Guy is written by manatees :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

He really is the most boring man alive isn't he.

Home alone without the wife and kids and he'll spend his week alone eating curry he makes on the Monday night and watching old films.

Does he have any friends at all I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"1994 I remember Paul McGrath was everywhere Schillaci was."
    An exceptional achievement given that Schillaci wasn't even at the World Cup in 1994.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

"1994 I remember Paul McGrath was everywhere Schillaci was."
    An exceptional achievement given that Schillaci wasn't even at the World Cup in 1994.

Ah no, please tell me that's a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ah..haa
    Ah..haa

Ah no, please tell me that's a joke

Wasnt even in the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Wasnt even in the squad

Finished playing with Italy in 1991.

Its like when he was on today fm with mairead talking about the classic scene in only fools and horses that also never happened.

Gerry Daly sounds like he rather be in front of a firing squad. Dont really blame him.

Finished playing with Italy in 1991.

Its like when he was on today fm with mairead talking about the classic scene in only fools and horses that also never happened.

Hes an idiot of the highest order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Hes an idiot of the highest order

Did he try shoe horn in some of his rugby bs into the conversation?

Gerry Daly sounds like he rather be in front of a firing squad. Dont really blame him.

Drier than a witches tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I checked back to make sure that it wasn't me who was the gobsh1te.

Ray: "It must have been something to do with 1994 because that was the year when we went to USA 94 and we went to the Giant's Stadium, and Ray Houghton scored against Italy we beat them 1-0, and Paul McGrath played out of his skin and he had the game of his life. He defended like four men. There was one stage in the game where Schillaci came at him and he defended, and he came at him again and he defended again, and he was on the ground and he got up and defended again and I think he hit it off the side of his head and it was just amAzing stuff, amAzing stuff"

Amazing stuff indeed Ray. Oh, just one more thing - it never f**king happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

How much money is he making per year again?

Advertisement