Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

What good is the sound of him haw hawing for an interminable amount of time?

It's RADIO, you gom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

bmorrissey wrote: »
    these video clips don't play well on radio ray, especially when you're laughing and talking over it

Spot on. Sounded like an "In" joke; a "You had to be there"; well Ray, we weren't & we haven't all seen/heard it so to a lot of listeners you just sound like a laughing hyena/bumbling buffoon.

Never make assumptions about your listeners; always assume they've just landed on this planet when covering any segment or interviewing someone particularly not in public eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah it was a farce, almost 2 minutes of Ray Darcy doing a fake laugh. Playing Youtube videos on radio does not work like he thinks it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

"Technology's not my friend today" arsa Ray at beginning of todays show.

Just today Ray or.............?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

What is happening with the audio here, is ray playing audio of someone in the background now and again or is someone cutting in??

Edit; my mistake, just second guy on interview with different quality mic or connection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

"Part of what will get us through this is soup".....im out

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I am calling it now

Ray is probably the most inept broadcaster in history....

He seems to know fook all about absolutely everything.....

How is he still gigging?

I mean, I could understand if he was flowing and articulate and charismatic......he's the complete opposite of this, and with zero knowledge of sh1t!

walshb wrote: »
    I am calling it now

How is he still gigging?

I mean, I could understand if he was flowing and articulate and charismatic......he's the complete opposite of this, and with zero knowledge of sh1t!

€500k a year??

€500k a year??

It's one of the biggest cons I have ever come across

And Ray actually comes across as a decent skin.....

Juts I have never heard someone so not like a broadcaster in my entire life...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I am calling it now

How is he still gigging?

As I have said many many times, not able for the gig, and the funny bit is he doesn’t seem to give a bollox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

As I have said many many times, not able for the gig, and the funny bit is he doesn’t seem to give a bollox.

When he was on Today FM and before the show went to sh1te I remember Ray often berating public servants on big salaries who were unable to do their jobs.

He wasn't long changing his mind when he moved to the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He's just useless, its hard to believe that he has spent almost 30 years sitting in front of a mixing desk and he still doesnt know how to press the right button. Its some high level incompetence.

FFS, Corliss on again now with Ray..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Even he seems embarrassed by this rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

News on time, but no sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Playing a fart out on the national broadcaster - twice. It truly is a golden age of broadcasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Playing a fart out on the national broadcaster - twice. It truly is a golden age of broadcasting.

What happened to him? Not able to digest his ‘purridge’ properly?

News at 4:01, ten texts read out and no sports news. Is that a thing now, no sports bulletin at 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭amlinopta

tampopo wrote: »
    News at 4:01, ten texts read out and no sports news. Is that a thing now, no sports bulletin at 4?
    Couple of weekday bulletins gone since the first lockdown, including 11.00am and 4.00pm. Not Raymond’s fault this time at least

amlinopta wrote: »
    Couple of weekday bulletins gone since the first lockdown, including 11.00am and 4.00pm. Not Raymond’s fault this time at least

I see, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ya, there's not much sport on at the minute. I used always turn over around 4 for the sport news but haven't done so for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Jesus, does he do ANY research before he does his program
    Talking about Parks and Recs, he doesn't know if Pawnee is a real town, and he thinks there is about 50 episodes of it (there is 125)
    Armature hour

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What a tosser.

Why do women wear bras?

This lad is a highly paid presenter..

Let that sink in..

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Why do women wear bras? €500k

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He has a fixation with tits.

Why do women wear bras?

This lad is a highly paid presenter..

Let that sink in..
    amlinopta wrote: »
    Why do women wear bras? €500k
    He's been instructed to do this by his wife. Can't remember her name,he never talks about her ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Get the distinct impression he didnt actually have to research this topic, not that he'd ever bother anyway.

sligojoek wrote: »
    He has a fixation with tits.

He should just buy a mirror

• Advertisement

Return customer wearing the wrong size. That's a self inflicted shot in the head :)

Advertisement