Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Get the distinct impression he didnt actually have to research this topic, not that he'd ever bother anyway.

Just this?

He knows fook all about anything and everything

Absolute bluffer..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Another one with a boner for Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

He should just buy a mirror

He'd spend all day looking at the back of it wondering why he can't see himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Soup is the new porridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I'd say he's cursing himself he can't watch telly during the show. Just flick it on there Ray & let it roll; us listeners can do telly on the radio like.....

Turns on the Telly & couldn't figure out that the volume might, just might be on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Token kuzin from mayo;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

De telly on de radio

Jesus wept, Henry 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

This on going commentary of who's wearing what while on phone to Joes cousin is banal; this hour is a filler for me before going over to local radio but this is how not to conduct an interview; too much going on today for D'Arcy to manage.

Will he have a reporter in Doonbeg ?

• Advertisement

Pure fukin waffle from a waffler

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

I see Rte has published salaries for the top 10 earners

Ray earned €450k in 2017 & 2018 and 2019.

for???????????????????????????????????

Maybe he'll take up lessons in pressing button next

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭golondrinas1

He's been instructed to do this by his wife. Can't remember her name,he never talks about her ;)

So the few serious joggers who have Brests of any note don't get black eyes.

So the few serious joggers who have Brests of any note don't get black eyes.

Big diddies matter :eek::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Joe Biden is responsible for the road building in Ireland now.

And so the beatification of yet another Democratic American President begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Joe Biden is responsible for the road building in Ireland now.

And so the beatification of yet another Democratic American President begins.

Bit early to be trumpeting ‘beatification’ yet surely ?

Guy not sworn in yet.

Give it a few weeks anyway.

Did ye see the report on the RTE website. https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0120/1190981-rte-on-air-earners/
    "RTÉ has published the earnings of its top ten earners for 2017, 2018 and 2019, and noted that it has cut the pay of its highest earning presenters by 15% in 2020.

In all three years, Ryan Tubridy topped the list, followed by Ray D'Arcy and Joe Duffy. In 2017, Ryan Tubridy earned €491,667. In second place was Ray D'Arcy, on €450,000, followed by Joe Duffy earning €398,738 and Sean O'Rourke with €321,071."

How in God's name is Ray D'Arcy the second highest paid radio presenter in the country. Truly shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

One of the great mysteries of our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

It absolutely beggars belief that this clown D'Arcy could be paid that much money, especially considering his TV chat show was so bad it was pulled early in its last run. His radio show isn't much better. Despite him talking about morning Zoom meetings with his production team, he forever gives the impression that he wanders into the studio, has a quick glance at the running order and then proceeds to spend the next 90 minutes pressing the wrong buttons and conducting inept interviews bordering on embarrassing. He's the Fr. Dougal of Irish broadcasting. If ever there was an argument to boycott the licence fee, Ray D'Arcy's ridiculous "fees" would be reason enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭amlinopta

So no pay cut when the TV show got the bullet. €10k PER WEEK when holidays are factored in. How does he get away with it?

• Advertisement

One of the great mysteries of our time.

Yep..

Only in Ireland..

That’s the best way to try and figure it out..

Think of it like this: people in Ireland still think of Shane McGowan as a genius..

Still he gets put on Irish shows..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Ray darcy would look weak in a volunteer parish radio station .
    Is it any wonder RTÉ are losing money hand over fist when people like this are getting the guts of half a million a year .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

walshb wrote: »
    Yep..

Only in Ireland..

Think of it like this: people in Ireland still think of Shane McGowan as a genius..

And indeed people have good grounds to believe Shane is a genius... D'Arcy on the other hand money for old rope for that lad

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Ray darcy would look weak in a volunteer parish radio station .
    Is it any wonder RTÉ are losing money hand over fist when people like this are getting the guts of half a million a year .

You are on to something here. If you happened to hear Ray Darcy on Castlebar Community Radio, I really doubt you would think 'someone should snap up this fella, he is national broadcaster standard.' He is smug and unlikable, inept and uninteresting. His pay, and that of the rest of the upper echelons of RTE, are a national disgrace that the politicians ignore. A huge cabal, our media, politicians and quangos all basking in their shared ineptitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭KaneToad

walshb wrote: »
    Yep..

Only in Ireland..

Shane is a genius.
    D'Arcy is an average broadcaster. He has a good agent though.

Is broadcasting talent that rare that these people can command such high fees?

Mary Wilson, Brian Dobson et al...

What do the production staff get paid? Are they ever resentful of the premium sums the presenters can earn?

amlinopta wrote: »
    So no pay cut when the TV show got the bullet. €10k PER WEEK when holidays are factored in. How does he get away with it?

I think there was a cut from 450K to 400k when the TV show finished. I'm not sure where I heard that figure, but that's what I remember. Those figures are from a few years ago as RTE will tell you the current figures are "commercially sensitive". Commercially sensitive of course because RTE are afraid of some other station coming in and stealing Ray D'Arcy with an offer 600k :rolleyes:

Pay him 100k to host The Den if you have to give him a job. But at least pay Dustin 200k.

KaneToad wrote: »
    Shane is a genius.
    D'Arcy is an average broadcaster. He has a good agent though.

Not sure what is worse here

Shane is a genius or Ray is an average broadcaster...?!

Back to my default position...only in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Shane McGowan has talent, a thing that Darcy, Duffy,Tubridy, Brendan o Connor etc are devoid of.

Saunders.

• Advertisement

jelutong wrote: »
    Shane McGowan has talent, a thing that Darcy, Duffy,Tubridy, Brendan o Connor etc are devoid of.

To be honest I'd lump him in with them

Advertisement