Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mountain

Don't really understand the hate, I think he's a fantastic presenter. Couldn't imagine anyone else in the role

Don’t you have a bike you should be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Don't really understand the hate, I think he's a fantastic presenter. Couldn't imagine anyone else in the role

Thanks for that, was having a tough morning but that really cheered me up. Haven’t laughed like that in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Not everyone has a roof over their head or food every evening Ray :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Apologise to her for being white, Ray, I think that is the only thing that will help.

It's f**king Ireland ffs, we don't see the sun. Only the people who arrive in the country tell us about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

This woman on the quiz is thick as sh1t :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Im not a fan of Darcy...but he is nowhere near as unlikeable as Ryan Tubridy...

If you dislike Darcy more than that pr1ck then I'm sorry....you're wrong...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Thick as Ray’s purridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Wasn't listening to the show:rolleyes:, but she sounds like she'd fit right in with farcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

When you hear mention of ‘event organiser’ anywhere in the background ...anywhere...... first thing you should think is ‘ chancer’..however tenuous the connection is.

So dopey doesn't know the significance of the robin and Christmas.
    Is Google down ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭huberto

Dr Fauci is reportedly the highest-paid federal employee in the States.
    He’s paid about 50 grand a year less than Ray Darcy.
    Is there a word that adequately describes this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭accensi0n

huberto wrote: »

Shockin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭rolling boh

When you think about that its really scandalous the loot Rte dish out and whinge about their losses. Would love to see where all the great presenters would go exactly .We constantly hear we would lose them am pretty sure the BBC would have little interest in them maybe Ryan but offers would be limited anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,877 ✭✭✭✭elperello

huberto wrote: »

Showbiz.

elperello wrote: »
    Showbiz.

That would be stretching it...a lot:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,877 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That would be stretching it...a lot:D

OK but work with me here.

The posters proposition was "one word".

elperello wrote: »
    OK but work with me here.

The posters proposition was "one word".

‘Phukkerry’

You see there’s the funny bit..... all these ‘showbiz’ types in RTE want showbiz pay but teachers hours.

Again

There is nothing......nothing...... which justifies D’Arcys wedge..... not a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Stellar lineup my arse

J H C..... Joe Gill..... and he calls her Ghill...soft g.

Sweet divine ....fuhherke.

Out of 100,000 people only one person would call her Ghill....... D’Arcy.

What a plonker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

Part of Brenda Power's piece in the Sunday Times on RTE's recent publishing of their top earners salaries:

"Few can deny that Ryan Tubridy, who has made The Late Late Toy Show a global event, is paying his way, but it seems absurd to be arguing over a publicly funded salary of €292,000 for the new secretary general of the Department of Health when he’ll be earning €158,000 less than Ray D’Arcy."

I'm not in agreement about Tubridy, but I liked the dig at the utterly useless, pointless media entity that is Mr Ray D'Arsey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭stopthevoting

J H C..... Joe Gill..... and he calls her Ghill...soft g.

Sweet divine ....fuhherke.

Out of 100,000 people only one person would call her Ghill....... D’Arcy.

What a plonker.

I didn't hear this, and I don't know of this person,
    but are you saying that he pronounced the surname as Jill instead of Gill?
    I presume the correct pronunciation is Gill with a G as in Girl, is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Cole wrote: »
    Part of Brenda Power's piece in the Sunday Times on RTE's recent publishing of their top earners salaries:

"Few can deny that Ryan Tubridy, who has made The Late Late Toy Show a global event, is paying his way, but it seems absurd to be arguing over a publicly funded salary of €292,000 for the new secretary general of the Department of Health when he’ll be earning €158,000 less than Ray D’Arcy."

I'm not in agreement about Tubridy, but I liked the dig at the utterly useless, pointless media entity that is Mr Ray D'Arsey.

I suppose one could argue that Tubridy has taken the toy show and sucked the fun and innocence and sheer joy from it and turned it into a vehicle for the manchild to display his own interests and pecadillos and dress it up as a "toy show" with less and less toys on display each year , an overhyped ball of smoke which leaves both children and adults underwhelmed and disappointed every time. yet every year its heralded as the greatest thing since the invention of the moving picture box in the corner

I didn't hear this, and I don't know of this person,
    but are you saying that he pronounced the surname as Jill instead of Gill?
    I presume the correct pronunciation is Gill with a G as in Girl, is that correct?

Absolutely..

Yes. Jo Gill.

Just tuned into D'Arcy as I know the current guest (Derek Cawley, Spine Surgeon). Does D'Arcy ever shut up? He's constantly interrupting and attempting to finish Derek's sentences, often incorrectly of course, and then Derek has to correct him. I don't listen to this show often but fock me he's brutal.

Late to nuacht of course - that much I do know!

Just tuned into D'Arcy as I know the current guest (Derek Cawley, Spine Surgeon). Does D'Arcy ever shut up? He's constantly interrupting and attempting to finish Derek's sentences, often incorrectly of course, and then Derek has to correct him. I don't listen to this show often but fock me he's brutal.

Trying to sound knowledgeable Butthers.... you know yersel.

Turned on to listen to the news. Farcy had to get in the death of Sir Tom Moore. He couldn't leave it to the news programme. Another fookin ghoul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Well done ray. First 2 topics. Cancer and then aids they're all the same tubs duffy and darcy. 3 ghouls

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Change the record Ray.

We've been listening to vaccine talk all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

Did anyone hear Mr motivator on with Ray? I thought it was hilarious he was taking Ray as a big fat dj type and Ray said you can't comment on my body you haven't seen it with his guffaw after to hide his distain.
    Mr motivator said he'd send Ray a leotard equivalent for men and Ray said he'd have to check with his wife if he could wear one. �� Worth listening back for the laugh

Advertisement