Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There's heat in the suuun

There's heat in the suuun.

450 G a year

• Registered Users Posts: 32,640 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dull...as per....how do you cook a steak?! Ffs....
    Types of snow....

He is probably about 10 minutes away from talking about sweden's boilers....useless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I think some posters here have Ray on as their guilty pleasure please stop listening to this awful show . There is a tiny chance if nobody bothered with him somebody in RTE might realise how terrible he is and pull the plug very unlikely I know but I long for the day .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,832 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I only catch the show here and there but is he still doing the bit at the start where he thinks he’s imparting some great knowledge on the listeners as if the info is ground breaking when in reality it’s common knowledge to lots of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Would he not have just copied the YouTube link, searched for an MP3 converter via Google and download said link and stick it in the system to play.

HOW DOES HE EARN €450,000 A YEAR, it boggles the bloody mind.

"Earn" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Today is the day we will get Darcy's Dad's Pancake Recipe, for the umpteenth time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,877 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Today is the day we will get Darcy's Dad's Pancake Recipe, for the umpteenth time.

Missed the show but ate the pancakes, delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Life story today with a woman from Co. Kilkenny who'd fostered 56 kids (citation needed for number; might be a bit out) & of course it was shoe-horned in before Nuacht; you just knew listening to it it'd be rushed; shame as it made for a good story; I'd heard her on a local station last week & the story got given much more airtime.

Hazel from OT in Pallaskenry Co. Limerick for the 5k "I didn't want to be accused of hanging up on you Ray" Ha ha ha ha!

And more David Gray........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

David Gray on again, wasnt he on with Ray only recently?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Grow up lads ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Well that was entertaining!! Haha

Car crash interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    There's heat in the suuun

There's heat in the suuun.

450 G a year

Probably full of ‘purridge’

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Well that was entertaining!! Haha

Car crash interview?

Just listened back to it, the Hughie Maughan & Hairdresser Lad......D'Arcy even cut 'em off ha ha ha!

Didn't see FDI/First Dates Ireland; don't have or make the time so only see the RTE 2 Preview Clips on Facebook but by Jove they made it look quite cringe worthy.

Look it, Hughie is the way he is & there's no toning it down in terms it seems of make-up/fake tan etc. but the post mortem on the show day sounds like it was as good as the footage of the date itself.

I don't think it went the way D'Arcy wanted either; even though I know he had to go to OT 5k he could've timed the interview better; well other presenters would've anyway.

Conor Pope's father-in-law died of Covid, having only left the house to walk the dog in the quiet hours, never went near shops etc. The only way they think he could have picked it up was attending a routine outpatient clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Conor Pope's father-in-law died of Covid, having only left the house to walk the dog in the quiet hours, never went near shops etc. The only way they think he could have picked it up was attending a routine outpatient clinic.

Did Ray imply it was caused by something? I didn't catch it.

I did catch the poor man who rang into enter a quiz. And was then asked to tell the nation about his dead children.

It seems being a ghoul is a prerequisite to be a day time presenter on RTE.

Did Ray imply it was caused by something? I didn't catch it.

I did catch the poor man who rang into enter a quiz. And was then asked to tell the nation about his dead children.

It seems being a ghoul is a prerequisite to be a day time presenter on RTE.

I miss that quiz contestant, wasn't paying attention, but had fathered something ghoulish had been asked. Conor was telling about his wife's Dad, and Ray did ask how he thought he might have caught it. It does actually seem the most likely time was his outpatient visit as he wasn't going to any shops and only out of the house in the earlier morning and evening, so as not to encounter many people, to walk the dog. Although 80, he had been a very fit and active man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Bloody hell, haha, a couple big on the swinging scene a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

This has got to hurt D'Arcy, and is a real indictment of the RTE management who made the decision to pay him a fortune to come to the station. A guy with no TV presenting experience is the best TV presenter they have at the station.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0224/1199106-the-tommy-tiernan-show-extended-by-six-weeks/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

This has got to hurt D'Arcy, and is a real indictment of the RTE management who made the decision to pay him a fortune to come to the station. A guy with no TV presenting experience is the best TV presenter they have at the station.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0224/1199106-the-tommy-tiernan-show-extended-by-six-weeks/

"Oooooh different class... different class" as Jimmy magee might intone long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Good maybe this will be the kick up the ass Ray needs to pull up his boot straps and mak.... Oh who am I kidding? Ray's coasting by and RTÉ management are happy to keep him paid at our expense.

Has Tommy got any radio experience I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Darcy doesnt care what his jnlr figures are or what the public think of him
    He puts in no effort on the TV or radio programs, he is on the pigs back money wise, and once Jenny is happy and living in the lifestyle Ray has given her he will be content. He has no drive or ambition left in him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Has Tommy got any radio experience I wonder?

Looks at D'arcy hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Darcy doesnt care what his jnlr figures are or what the public think of him
    He puts in no effort on the TV or radio programs, he is on the pigs back money wise, and once Jenny is happy and living in the lifestyle Ray has given her he will be content. He has no drive or ambition left in him

Well for the extortionate wedge he's on yearly, he could do with caring/making an effort.

Then again, €450,000 a year, sold out to the highest bidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Mentioned in a THREAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I think that, with the benefit of a decade's hindsight, Enda came out looking a lot better than D'Arcy and George Lee.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Teacher wants to live 15 mins commute from work, in Dublin. Giving out about people with more money outbidding him.

I can't believe a teacher doesn't understand simple supply and demand economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jack and Grace were the most popular names last year.

That's the first 20 minutes sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mountain

Darcy is a fool.

Advertisement