Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

sligojoek wrote: »
    Jack and Grace were the most popular names last year.

That's the first 20 minutes sorted.

Weighed in. With profoundly unfunny totp countdown riff.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Jesus these are wildly dull people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Shoelaces wrote: »
    Jesus these are wildly dull people

Awfully awkward and not helped by the crazy delay with the French guy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Ten Pin wrote: »

Just like all those celebrities who were going to leave America if Trump was voted in in 2016 and DeNiro who was going to punch him in the face, wonder how they're finding life in their new homes?! All talk; gets them a bit of publicity...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This has got to hurt D'Arcy, and is a real indictment of the RTE management who made the decision to pay him a fortune to come to the station. A guy with no TV presenting experience is the best TV presenter they have at the station.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0224/1199106-the-tommy-tiernan-show-extended-by-six-weeks/

just had ray / pamela anderson flashback

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I know more about Vicky Phelan's inner workings than I know about my own at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I know more about Vicky Phelan's inner workings than I know about my own at this stage.

And some amount of sighing and heavy breathing from Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Goes to Pope, tells him they're obliged to get an ad break in before Nuacht.....asks him a question anyway & holds over the answer til after Nuacht; have switched over since.

Conor Pope needs to get a set time for Pricewatch & ideally post Nuacht.

Timing is everything; not with Ray it isn't......

This has got to hurt D'Arcy, and is a real indictment of the RTE management who made the decision to pay him a fortune to come to the station. A guy with no TV presenting experience is the best TV presenter they have at the station.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0224/1199106-the-tommy-tiernan-show-extended-by-six-weeks/

Looking forward to Tommy interviewing Ray "So, who're you and what're you famous for? Are you good at anything?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Looking forward to Tommy interviewing Ray "So, who're you and what're you famous for? Are you good at anything?"

Yeah picking up large cheques!,

• Advertisement

Tap into peoples generosity = Milk their gullibility for all its worth.

Some Asylum Seekers are genuine; but we're too slow to deal with the ones that are chancing their arm & this one sounds like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Tap into peoples generosity = Milk their gullibility for all its worth.

Some Asylum Seekers are genuine; but we're too slow to deal with the ones that are chancing their arm & this one sounds like one.

If you are fleeing war and terror you would not complain about shelter and a menu three times a day.

This person is in the system 8 years. This would indicate vexatious claim and playing the waiting game until leave to remain. Has he apologised for being white yet.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Shocking from RTE yet again.
    It's been wall to wall pro this whitepaper madness since Friday, not one questioning voice - when I say pro, there has been a plethora of moaning that it doesn't go far enough!
    D'arcy did manage for a split second to mention the inconvenient fact of a dreadful housing situation for Irish citizens which elicited a noise from the NGO one and silence from (what I think is obvious from the interview) a bogie asylum seeker from S Africa, SA yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Gary O' Toole has got to be Ireland's soundest man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭avfc1874

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Gary O' Toole has got to be Ireland's soundest man.

On talking to one of the biggest tools in radio.
    Darcy apologies for being a man. Has apologised for being white. Mcdermot has handed the woke batton on to ray

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Ray in his element on International Women's Day. And quoting some little known fact about women being primarily responsible for the care of their elderly parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭giveitholly

amlinopta wrote: »
    Ray in his element on International Women's Day. And quoting some little known fact about women being primarily responsible for the care of their elderly parents.

And it's funny whenever he is bashing men and telling us how great women are,he has to mention how women come up to him when shopping to praise him.

Gary O'Toole interview very good but I glanced at the clock & it was 15;50 & then 15:55 & I just knew that D'Arcy hadn't it timed right.

For such items he needs to clear the decks; double up on an ad break in first 15 minutes if necessary; get his rambling, post 3pm spiel out of the way & give a piece like O'Tooles the time it deserves; it was quite a rushed 30 minutes or so in the end & there was a book mentioned in it which wasn't given much airtime (not the Deep Deception one by Justine McCarthy which also got a mention) & the link to O'Toole & Gibney wasn't gone into in sufficient detail; I'd imagine D'Arcy was clock-watching ahead of Nuacht; Liveline ran over a bit too.

For some interviews you just gotta go rogue & skip the ads or rearrange them etc.

Conor Pope on now. He gave inaccurate advice on health insurance which came to light when I went to renew and assess best plan for me. Having looked at HIA site I came upon a particular VHI plan that I would upgrade to and asked them, as Pope advised, was there any equivalent corporate plan I could sign up for. They told me Pope just was not up to date with his information and this was no longer relevant. So beware that his advice might not be continually researched.

He's talking about it now.. indeed it's not that simple.

Brochure in the post? LOL, who sends these any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Less than 10 seconds to the first technical hitch of the day, a non-firing jingle. Quickly followed by an anti-man sermon. The beat goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Woke McDarcy. It would be great to live in a world where all men are not judged by the actions of a few bad men. In the same way that RTE would class it as discrimination to judge all Travellers by the actions of a few bad Travellers, or judge all migrants by the bad actions of a few bad migrants. RTE are such hypocrites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Woke McDarcy. It would be great to live in a world where all men are not judged by the actions of a few bad men. In the same way that RTE would class it as discrimination to judge all Travellers by the actions of a few bad Travellers, or judge all migrants by the bad actions of a few bad migrants. RTE are such hypocrites.

That's the problem, there is no group to fire back against these broad generalisations of men. Do you think Darcy would say crude generalisations if he has blow back by an organisation like he would have if he said..

Well not all travellers are bad but "lads we have to do better " or women are overreacting to this situation! Pavee point and Women's aid would be on to RTE in a second

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

I had the misfortune to catch that "no men for 24 hours" thing (from TikTok ffs) at the beginning of the show. I don't know D'Arsey personally but, as a public broadcaster, he is beneath contempt. He takes every (valid) 'social justice' issue and frames/skews them for an opportunity to get up on his preachy soapbox....just polarising the issue/people further.

Switch him off...ignore him. Just leave him there in his little echo chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Cole wrote: »
    I had the misfortune to catch that "no men for 24 hours" thing (from TikTok ffs) at the beginning of the show. I don't know D'Arsey personally but, as a public broadcaster, he is beneath contempt. He takes every (valid) 'social justice' issue and frames/skews them for an opportunity to get up on his preachy soapbox....just polarising the issue/people further.

Switch him off...ignore him. Just leave him there in his little echo chamber.

I think he's just very insecure and wants to be able to agree with every woke idea but hasn't the balls to say what is his opinion, you'll hear him saying that I was talking to my wife Jenny and we were saying (she was saying he was agreeing ) about this or we were having a debate earlier in the office and we agreed that. ...... He just runs with the popular opinion man of no substance. I think he's very old fashioned in his views and doesn't believe half the stuff he says but is craving to be liked so will go along with the popular view.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I find it torturous listening to him so I have now switched him off. Who wants to hear this garbage about Jenny. He talks about Jenny this and Jenny that but is very very private revealing nothing of substance, not that he is obliged to mind you .He is Cute as a fox and obviously intelligent. I cant believe they pay him such an obscene amount of money. I always thought he was very thrifty with money too by the way he went on about things.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

15:06 - Jenny is mentioned, she bought a toilet brush.

Well done Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

PauloMN wrote: »

Well done Ray.

Be wore out by Patrick’s Day.........:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

PauloMN wrote: »

Well done Ray.

It's these little vignettes of the home life of the D'Arcys that truly make life worth living.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Was the racing on during the show today.

Advertisement