Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

walshb wrote: »
    Just a thought:

Has anyone ever heard Ray do any interview that could even remotely be construed as having intellect, depth, nuance, detail, knowledge and importance?

I honestly cannot recall anything even close..

So so bizarre this lad is still gigging

Dee Forbes is being interviewed now on The Business with Richard Curran. She said "just look at our output". Couldn't have put it any better...just look (and listen), Dee

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭LennieB

Actually The Business with Richard Curran on a Sat morning is a great show - good interesting guests with great stories and Richard a great interviewer imo - way ahead of Ray and Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I do feel sorry for whoever the man or woman is, who has to produce this absolute no hoper for an hour and a half every day.

I'll beat the dead horse again, it's absolutely easy depending on what system is in use by RTÉ radio presenters. A university radio station volunteer could do it.

Song, Intro/what's on the show today, Song. First item on the running order.

I wouldn't feel sorry for anybody associated with the Ray D'Arcy Show.

D'Arcy brought his producer from Today FM with him to RTE so that fella is also on a ridiculous salary for the so called job he does.

PS - I had to laugh at the posts about D'Arcy congratulating Rachel Blackmore. What a total and absolute hypocrite. If it was the young lad from Dingle who had 6 winners would he have got a mention? Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Really dont see the issue with Rachael Blackmore being acknowledged. It's one of those huge stories that transcends its sporting boundaries, so no reason not to mention it on a news/light entertainment show. As for hypocrisy, d'arcy did have jockey David Mullins on for an in depth interview only a few weeks back. Twas a shyte interview, but that's just par for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Just a thought:

Has anyone ever heard Ray do any interview that could even remotely be construed as having intellect, depth, nuance, detail, knowledge and importance?

I honestly cannot recall anything even close..

So so bizarre this lad is still gigging

At one point, D’Arcy showed a photo of Anderson receiving a knighthood from the Prince of Montenegro and commented, “There you are on your knees in front of the Prince of Montenegro.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭walshb

At one point, D’Arcy showed a photo of Anderson receiving a knighthood from the Prince of Montenegro and commented, “There you are on your knees in front of the Prince of Montenegro.”

He was an absolute disgrace that night..

Vulgar, disgusting and crass..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Yet he claims to be a feminist, anyway I believe Pamela was well able for his nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

yep a shocker. utter purile. he was on about her teenage kids and her video. she seems a lovely person anyone else wud have battered him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

yep a shocker. utter purile. he was on about her teenage kids and her video. she seems a lovely person anyone else wud have battered him

And what's more came across as far more intelligent than him. I was impressed by her because I thought she wouldn't be and that's showing me up as assuming she's blonde she wouldn't be intelligent.

More fool me but at least I have the excuse of not been in his position or on his salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Exactly what Dr. Cassidy said > "Ray told Marie that the first time he saw her, he thought of Kay Scarpetta, the medical examiner protagonist of Patricia Cornwall’s series of crime novels. She’s described as "diminutive, glamorous and blonde" – "a bit like yourself", Ray adds to Marie, who takes a second or two to reply, laughing, "But I was the real thing". She was, Ray says, a woman in a man’s world."

D'Arcy likes to think of himself as woke, metrosexual etc.; having empathy towards women isn't a bad thing like.......but he goes & says that?

It was so awkward & cringe-worthy to listen to; I'd say she was stunned for a little bit; very inappropriate; would imagine she's glad it's done & has some more copies shifted as a result & is retired so won't have to deal with that insufferable yoke again.

Article on it & link to the audio within article > https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2021/0320/1205141-dr-cassidy-for-40-years-ive-just-spent-my-life-with-the-dead/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yet he claims to be a feminist, anyway I believe Pamela was well able for his nonsense

Yes. Every so often the pretence drops

One thing to keep in mind is that Darcy’s “liberal woke 21st century man” routine is simply an act.

A pure act he does as his wife and agent realises its vital for him to play up to this so that RTÉ keep paying him that utterly crazy salary he is on.

He has very little personal interest in the liberal causes but he does a basic pretence to keep the act up.

Yes. Every so often the pretence drops

One thing to keep in mind is that Darcy’s “liberal woke 21st century man” routine is simply an act.

A pure act he does as his wife and agent realises its vital for him to play up to this so that RTÉ keep paying him that utterly crazy salary he is on.

He has very little personal interest in the liberal causes but he does a basic pretence to keep the act up.

I might be wrong but I get the feeling that D'Arcy might be one of them lads dressing up as a lady in order to get onto one of the lifeboats on the titanic had he been one of the passengers back then, self preservation above all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Why did have to shove in the fact that the takeaway was less than 30 euro?

Please, stfu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

So you are supportive of people drinking now Ray?

Why is he obsessed with that rubbishy song

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Why is he obsessed with that rubbishy song

What is the song?

Even Darcy is getting p1$$ed off with Conor Pope there. He's quite patronising there, almost telling us how reasonable the travel people are expecting us to get our plans in order.

Lot of pro lockdown messages there, thanks for that Ray.

Very difficult to find anyone as big a bluffer as Ray, but this Bernard lad...wtf!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Switched on just in time for Price Watch; I actually thought, at 15:50 when I looked at my watch he was wrapping the segment up in time for a change.

But nope it was only the beginning and it ran right up to 4pm; I'd heard my local church bells ringing & despite his attempted insistence to Mr. Pope he was going to the Nuacht he was still late for it...............

Very difficult to find anyone as big a bluffer as Ray, but this Bernard lad...wtf!!

Some new vehicle the "comedian" has on the go courtesy of rte, think I'll give it a miss lifes too short

Interesting that D'Arcy said that they were looking at bringing back The Den in September. I wonder would they ever consider just leaving him in the one job that he still actually seems to be competent at. Put Mooney back in the afternoons on radio and D'Arcy back on the TV for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Interesting that D'Arcy said that they were looking at bringing back The Den in September. I wonder would they ever consider just leaving him in the one job that he still actually seems to be competent at. Put Mooney back in the afternoons on radio and D'Arcy back on the TV for the kids.

YES get rid of D'Arcy but Mooney !!!!!. :eek:
    Please and please again NO .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

YES get rid of D'Arcy but Mooney !!!!!. :eek:
    Please and please again NO .

Aaah heeeeyurr

Where’s Paul G...... + the gardener dude who did the Hussssskvarna ad....

The Eurovision..... The Louth one ....spider expert....Richard..... the know all...

C’mon what’s not to like here.

Aaah heeeeyurr. Where’s Paul G...... + the gardener dude who did the Hussssskvarna ad....

Aw gawd, remember poor Dermot O'Neill, and he got cancer. He had such a nice manner about him. Hope he's doing well.

What is the song?

It’s some john spillane song shouting out drinks orders

A Guinness for the mock
    A Heineken for the mock

Etc etc

For some reason Darcy is obsessed with it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So people who work one day per week are the happiest?

So If you work a coupe of hrs each week, that would equate to one day per week?

So Darcy, Tubs and Joe must be so happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

ish = it
    owsh = out
    nysh = night
    bush = but

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The difference in the way he is speaking to the last two guests

Advertisement