Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This lass should listen back to Ray’s interview with Pammy from a few years back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Well done D'Arcy, you just managed to hit the right button...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I left on the radio for 18 minutes after UFO stories on Liveline.

D'Arcy is actually worse than I thought.

Messed up the intro.

Goes on a big monologue with a clip of him interviewing somebody in the middle.

Then Says "I've played that I've played that now we'll go to these. Actually no I'll play this song first."

He must break his hole laughing when he sees his payslip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Well done D'Arcy, you just managed to hit the right button...

I think he's more surprised then me when he hits the right button :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It's killing ray that the runner guy is loosing

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    I left on the radio for 18 minutes after UFO stories on Liveline.

D'Arcy is actually worse than I thought.

Messed up the intro.

Goes on a big monologue with a clip of him interviewing somebody in the middle.

Then Says "I've played that I've played that now we'll go to these. Actually no I'll play this song first."

He must break his hole laughing when he sees his payslip.

Ah come on now, I won't allow that be said, he actually did quite well today! :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"Who knows, I might have made a good doctor"

Let's just nip that one in the bud, Ray, you would NOT have made a good doctor.
    You can't even work the mixing desk ffs, and you want to start cutting people open with a scalpal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Let's just nip that one in the bud, Ray, you would NOT have made a good doctor.
    You can't even work the mixing desk ffs, and you want to start cutting people open with a scalpal.

If ray was Dr. Who ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A dementia special on Ray’s show today, ahead of tonight’s cancer special on the Late Late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

amlinopta wrote: »
    A dementia special on Ray’s show today, ahead of tonight’s cancer special on the Late Late

"Happy Friday"

• Advertisement

Mr Motivator on with Darcy again.....this will be cringy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

amlinopta wrote: »

Could've been held over til tomorrow; Miriam or Brendan O'Connor would've been better hosts for it; unsure their audience'd be VMTV viewers mind but still.

May've just been the audio but Martin King didn't quite sound at the beginning like he wanted to be there; or maybe he just felt the issues clashing would go against his programme alright.

Fascinating interview mind; Finding Jack Charlton will be on after it; Martin Kings programme (name escapes me....) is on at 8pm so FJC will be at 9 O'Clock I presume.

Martin made the interview today too; I don't think D'Arcy covered himself in glory in how he coducted himself.

To pick up on my earlier point, I was watching the news last night and I thought to myself "Jaysus, D'Arcy COULD actually be the captain of a ship".

D'Arcy: "eh, is that the coastguard-ama-jig? I think I hit the wrong button"

00167a94-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

To pick up on my earlier point, I was watching the news last night and I thought to myself "Jaysus, D'Arcy COULD actually be the captain of a ship".

He would have had it in reverse to the south pole

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

He was being his usual cloying obsequious self to Mr Motivator today and Mr M started pillorying him, saying he wold have got Ray a unitard but there were no children's sizes amongst other things.

RD was not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

Carnmore wrote: »
    He was being his usual cloying obsequious self to Mr Motivator today and Mr M started pillorying him, saying he wold have got Ray a unitard but there were no children's sizes amongst other things.

RD was not impressed

Ray has a very odd thing about his height. I think he’s around 5 feet 5 inches. But he claims to be 5’10

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Carnmore wrote: »

RD was not impressed

He’s not paid to be impressed or not, he paid to allegedly host a radio show and do it to a certain level, which he seems incapable of doing.

The last time Mr Motivator was on wasn't he making out that Ray was overweight and needed to get up and get more active, Ray didn't like that. Don't know if Motivator was trolling him big time or just didn't bother looking up who he was going to be speaking too. Yesterday I found him a bit much to be honest, he was only on to constantly plug his new venture (Mr Motivators Club®) even when Darcy told him off for it.

I did like that the segment however of Luka Bloom talking over one of his new pieces of music and his reasoning behind it, that was very nice even if you could hear D'Arcy snorting and breathing over it in the background, I listen with headphones on so maybe I'm more aware of these things.

Don't forget Mr Motivators Club!

Piehead wrote: »
    Ray has a very odd thing about his height. I think he’s around 5 feet 5 inches. But he claims to be 5’10
    It kinda seems like, from reading this post, you are the one who has a very odd thing about height. No offence.

Who cares what height a man is, or how does that say anything about his man-fulness? Jesus Christ. Nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

It kinda seems like, from reading this post, you are the one who has a very odd thing about height. No offence.

Who cares what height a man is, or how does that say anything about his man-fulness? Jesus Christ. Nobody cares.

It’s not me that care it’s Mr Darcy.

• Advertisement

D'Arcy, who spent a lifetime in Today FM giving out about Government and Public Service, now tells us to put our faith completely in Paul Reid of the HSE. It's amazing how 400K a year of State money can change your outlook on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

D'arcy is unlistenable. He just rambles.

He's played the dog howling 3 times in 20 minutes....

"they use mutton a lot in India...what's that saying mutton dressed as lamb"

"I feel like howling along with the dog...I'd say howling is good for you. Howl at the moon"

Pussyhands wrote: »
    D'arcy is unlistenable. He just rambles.

He's played the dog howling 3 times in 20 minutes....

"I feel like howling along with the dog...I'd say howling is good for you. Howl at the moon"

The show was a right howl, though to the very end. One of the callers lines dropped and you could feel the abyss open under him of what to do or say to fill the space; quality dj'ing...

Ah hello Ray. Welcome to the thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

Pussyhands wrote: »

You could easily imagine Father Dougal speaking those lines in an episode of Father Ted.

In fairness to Ray, he can be as funny as Father Dougal at times. He had me in fits of laughter the other day when he said he could be a consultant by now if he'd studied medicine.

Why on earth does he think that he have the right to give us "Ray's State Of The Nation" now before he f**ks off on holidays. He has neither the education or the authority to make speeches on political issues. And COVID is a political issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Why on earth does he think that he have the right to give us "Ray's State Of The Nation" now before he f**ks off on holidays. He has neither the education or the authority to make speeches on political issues. And COVID is a political issue.

Precisely! Nobody wants to hear the opinion of the dullest man in the country. The whole narrative from RTE is extremely patronising these days with the likes of George Lee, etc but bad and all as that is, getting lectures from this fool who can't even work the buttons is particularly grating

Haha everybody heard Ray's little speech and gave him the two fingers!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dynomutt

I did like Ray’s description of the vaccine being “slow, stuttery, and full of misinformation” since that sums him up perfectly too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

"A spacewalk is when you leave the spaceship or whatever to fix something or whatever"

Advertisement