Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken boiler hasn't been fixed, can I withold payment of rent?

Options
  • 27-01-2019 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭

3 months there's been issues and it hasn't been fixed yet.

The contract says if I don't pay rent on time they can give 7 days notice. Can I with hold rent until it is fixed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Pussyhands wrote: »

The contract says if I don't pay rent on time they can give 7 days notice. Can I with hold rent until it is fixed?

Get it fixed and take it out of the rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Don't trust people on the internet

Ask the tenants board
    https://www.rtb.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Get it fixed and take it out of the rent.

The boiler imo needs replacing, not just repaired.

And also I am dealing with an agent, not the landlord direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Pussyhands wrote: »

14 days is the legal end of none payment of rent, the LL can then issue a rent arrears letter.

You can send a letter to agent or LL and state they have so many days and this must be reasonable time to rectify the issue.

Contact the rtb if nothing is done, continue to pay rent, get it fixed and keep receipts and they will have to reimburse you.

Advertisement