Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest Cherry Blossom Tree?

Options
  • 28-01-2019 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi

Whats the name of the largest pink cherry blossom tree available? And where can i get these to plant in my garden?

i know there are many different types of cherry blossom trees, some only growing 10ft . im looking for propper big trees, as big as i can get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hi

Whats the name of the largest pink cherry blossom tree available? And where can i get these to plant in my garden?

i know there are many different types of cherry blossom trees, some only growing 10ft . im looking for propper big trees, as big as i can get.

Beware that cherry blossom trees have invasive and extensive shallow root systems which can cause problems with foundations, paths and driveways.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

gozunda wrote: »
    Beware that cherry blossom trees have invasive and extensive shallow root systems which can cause problems with foundations, paths and driveways.

Thanks for that. ill plant them away from the house. Any idea what the name of the larges cherry's are?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Is it to celebrate the lunar new year by any chance? I see 50 a day being driven around where I am.

Lumen wrote: »

Thanks a million Lumen. thats a great website. prices seem very reasonably. Do they deliver to southern Ireland?

have they any large pink cherry's?

• Advertisement

Is it to celebrate the lunar new year by any chance? I see 50 a day being driven around where I am.

no . . . but it cud be!!

any idea where there coming from??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Thanks a million Lumen. thats a great website. prices seem very reasonably. Do they deliver to southern Ireland?

have they any large pink cherry's?

They are in cork I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Lifespan is a factor with cherry trees, they tend to be short lived.

I've a couple of big cherries that are about 30 years old. One is fine, the other on its last legs.

any idea where there coming from??!!

I reckon Asia might be a bit far away for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

Hi

I think the variety kanzan is one of the bigger pink flowered cherry trees available. Future forest are good for having a wide variety of plants available but some of the trees they sell are very small so make sure to check this before ordering. They are based in West Cork and advertise delivery throughout Ireland. I drove down there a couple of times and it takes a while to get there from North county Cork where I live. You might find some larger cherry trees for sale in other garden centres and nurseries but larger trees usually come with a bigger price tag and take more effort to plant and stake properly to protect from wind while they settle in. Lidl are bringing in bare root fruit trees on Thursday according to their special offer guide and they say they will sell 3 for 20euros which is fairly competitive. The add says they will be stocking cherry as well but these may be the smaller varieties grown more for the fruit.

Advertisement