Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting letters about mortgage arrears,I have already voluntarily surrendered house

Options
  • 28-01-2019 6:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

As stated, I was in the unenviable position of being in mortgage arrears over the last few years with the wonderful, amazing people at BOI.

Letter after letter, phone call after phone call,confirming the same finally tipped my wife over the edge,sending her to a mental institution last year because of all the stress & mental anguish caused by the constant notification of this issue. We had agreed with MABS that all communication was to be done through them because of this mental pressure.

Fast forward,& we have voluntary surrendered the property since last August ... signed papers to relinquish the house. 6months & counting, have moved to a new address & tried to move on with our lives. We currently have our post redirected to a new address but are still getting notifications from BOI to tell us our mortgage is still in arrears, how to make payments, phone numbers to call, our personal details,name, account number, missed payments, value of missing payments entailed in each letter being dropped in our old letterbox.

I have made numerous calls to BOI to enquire about the situation, left name & phone number etc etc, only to be told that "we will call you back" to discuss the situation-still awaiting a call back weeks later. I have a case manager called Gavin who will not return these calls...

I do not wish for all our personal details as stated above to be dropped into a letterbox which could quite simply be opened by auctioneer, viewers of house etc etc without my consent & for them to find out our personal information without our knowledge.

How would one go about fixing this, since I have done all in my power to rectify the situation,but as usual, have been met with a brick wall from BOI.
    Could this be a data protection issue which I am unaware of??

A response would be appreciated....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

trixiebust wrote: »
    As stated, I was in the unenviable position of being in mortgage arrears over the last few years with the wonderful, amazing people at BOI.

Letter after letter, phone call after phone call,confirming the same finally tipped my wife over the edge,sending her to a mental institution last year because of all the stress & mental anguish caused by the constant notification of this issue. We had agreed with MABS that all communication was to be done through them because of this mental pressure.

Fast forward,& we have voluntary surrendered the property since last August ... signed papers to relinquish the house. 6months & counting, have moved to a new address & tried to move on with our lives. We currently have our post redirected to a new address but are still getting notifications from BOI to tell us our mortgage is still in arrears, how to make payments, phone numbers to call, our personal details,name, account number, missed payments, value of missing payments entailed in each letter being dropped in our old letterbox.

I have made numerous calls to BOI to enquire about the situation, left name & phone number etc etc, only to be told that "we will call you back" to discuss the situation-still awaiting a call back weeks later. I have a case manager called Gavin who will not return these calls...

I do not wish for all our personal details as stated above to be dropped into a letterbox which could quite simply be opened by auctioneer, viewers of house etc etc without my consent & for them to find out our personal information without our knowledge.

How would one go about fixing this, since I have done all in my power to rectify the situation,but as usual, have been met with a brick wall from BOI.

Hi trixiebust,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards. We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience. We would like to link in with our colleagues in our mortgage arrears department in an effort to resolve this for you. Can we please ask that you send us a Private Message with your full name, your wife's full name, contact details and branch where the account was held. Please be assured that we can forward this on straight away so contact can be made with you. 

Thanks Jen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi trixiebust,

We've sent you a private message just now and if you can please reply with the requested details we'll ensure this is looked into straight away.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭trixiebust

While awaiting a response I have received another letter with all my details enclosed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

While awaiting a response I have received another letter with all my details enclosed.

Hi trixiebust,

Thanks for coming back to us with the information. We will certainly forward this onto our colleagues in Mortgage arrears to be looked into.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks trixiedust for reaching out to us here for help.

We believe our colleagues have resolved this with you. If in the future you need further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement