Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House owner

Options
  • 28-01-2019 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve just bought a house. I need to contact the next door neighbour about a few things. Next door was purchased in 2017 but nobody has lived in it since purchase. Is there any way I can find out who owns it? I’ve already asked neighbours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

PRAI - Land Direct and get a copy of the folio will most likely get you this info. Will cost either 3 or 5 euro to get it from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

L1011 wrote: »
    PRAI - Land Direct and get a copy of the folio will most likely get you this info. Will cost either 3 or 5 euro to get it from memory

Where do I go to get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Do you need a map to get fhere or a link. Online google.

Try asking other Neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Do you need a map to get fhere or a link. Online google.

Try asking other Neighbours.

Yea I tried google thanks so much. Neighbours don’t know.

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Yea I tried google thanks so much. Neighbours don’t know.

Ok it says title : freehold. No names given. What does that mean?

You need to buy the folio

L1011 wrote: »
    You need to buy the folio

I don’t see any options to purchase anything though

I don’t see any options to purchase anything though

There is a huge button "Add to Basket" when you have a plot highlighted. If you're seeing it saying its Freehold you're on the right section for this

Ok got it. Got the owners name. It says housr was purchased in her name on 1999. But, according to the property price register, it was sold in 2017. So why aren’t the new owners details up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Ok got it. Got the owners name. It says housr was purchased in her name on 1999. But, according to the property price register, it was sold in 2017. So why aren’t the new owners details up?

If the property is not registered in the Land Registry it may have been dealt with by the Registry of Deeds. These are public record at the Registry of Deeds, anyone can inspect it and see who owns the property.

See https://www.prai.ie/registry-of-deeds-services/#records

If the property is not registered in the Land Registry it may have been dealt with by the Registry of Deeds. These are public record at the Registry of Deeds, anyone can inspect it and see who owns the property.

See https://www.prai.ie/registry-of-deeds-services/#records

In this case, the property is registered

Slow solicitor in registering the sale is most likely.

Advertisement