Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones: repairing ripped foam covers

Options
  • 28-01-2019 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I have 2 pairs of Bose headphones, one I keep at work, a pair of Triports and also a pair of Quiet Comforts. Both have served me well and still work well. However, on both the foam cover has ripped off on the inside, e.g. see the Triports:
    ZhNKeL.jpg

Bose as always will not fix but just give a discount on a new pair. Does anyone know where I can get them fixed at a fair price?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I take it they are not removable, and therefore not user replaceable? Most are these days unless the headphones are old.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭boardtc

Didn't know that. No they are not removable. I've been in touch with Bose who just offered me the disocunt on a new pair for both. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭AllForIt

boardtc wrote: »
    Didn't know that. No they are not removable. I've been in touch with Bose who just offered me the disocunt on a new pair for both. So frustrating.

Yes I'm afraid this is a common problem with non-removable pads. All my headphones have removable pads, it's nice to be able to just order new pads on Amazon or wherever if they're worth repairing.

All I can suggest is needle and thread if your handy. That's what I'd do seriously. Or glue.

Thanks @AllForIt, I never knew about removable pads. Over lockdown I used a needle and thread finally, 20-30 minutes per pad. Not the 100% perfect stitching but they are fixed and looking very good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

What model of Quiet Comforts do you have? I've replaced pads on mine, got them from Amazon.

• Advertisement

jimmy86 wrote: »
    What model of Quiet Comforts do you have? I've replaced pads on mine, got them from Amazon.
    I got mine in 2011. The pads are not removable as far as I can see.

See if the instructions on link below is of any use, I've a newer model but apparently the instuctions below were for ones sold from 2009-2014.

https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/support/article/ear-cushion-replacement-qc15.html

The pads I got are similar to the ones below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GBVDDGX/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_rwfeFb0VT2Q57

Wow, thanks! I was able to pop them off following those instructions! Thanks!

I'll see how long my repair lasts, those replacements are good value, fab, thanks!!!!

Great stuff! I think you can get offical Bose pads too but the ones on AMazon certainly do the job.

Advertisement