Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures in a Locket

Options
  • 28-01-2019 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if there's anywhere professional I can get two pictures scanned/printed from Mass Cards and put into a necklace locket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Reeds on Nassau Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just wondering if there's anywhere professional I can get two pictures scanned/printed from Mass Cards and put into a necklace locket?

Your best option would be to get the original or as close to the original that you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Victor wrote: »
    Your best option would be to get the original or as close to the original that you can.

What do you mean by original? The locket was bought by my nan for my mam a while ago (could be up to 40 years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

He means the picture.

Is the problem with getting the locket open to change the picture?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

When you get the pictures scanned and resized if necessary, get them printed on heavy photographic paper.

• Advertisement

I suppose I was unclear in my original post. My mam got the locket from my nan donkey years ago, it came up in conversation over Christmas and I said for my mams birthday I'll get pictures in it. Locket is fine afaik but just want somewhere who'd help me get a right sized good quality copy of the photos from the mass cards .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anyone with a scanner and a photo package should be able to scan and resize them. You should then be able to get them printed in one of those photo places and cut them to fit in your locket.

Quite willing to do the scanning and resizing for you myself FOC if you want. North Strand.

Cheers Surpious! Think I've someone to do it for me - but failing that I'll be in touch :) Thanks again for the offer!

Just an update on this - I went into Reads and they were extremely helpful!

They scanned in the two memorial cards and put it on a USB for me, sent me in to one of their design guy who resized it to fit in the location and put a mountain on one page for me to attempt cutting (had to get the better half to use the scissor in the end). All sorted now - the size was slightly too small but all looks good!

Kablamo! I know you PM'ed me about this but I can't PM you back.

"Kablamo! has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

• Advertisement
Advertisement