Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Connected

• 28-01-2019 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi.

We've moved into a new estate in the Blackrock area of Cork. According to the Fibre rollout map, Fibre is available throughout our area. We've been told that the cabling is in the ground in the estate and our houses are connected.

From the Rollout Map the whole area is covered by Fibre: https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

But when I try to contact Eir sales (3 times now), with specific question about checking if the cabling is available, I have variously been told that no broadband is available in my area, they tried to sell me a broadband package without checking if broadband is available, and they just told me to contact sales. Eir Customer Care on Chat is absolutely terrible in this regard and your email has been unavailable for years. You don't even give a reference number where I can follow-up a request.

As Eir are the infrastructure owners, how do I confirm with Eir if the cabling is in the ground?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

rb25 wrote: »
    Hi.

We've moved into a new estate in the Blackrock area of Cork.  According to the Fibre rollout map, Fibre is available throughout our area.  We've been told that the cabling is in the ground in the estate and our houses are connected.

From the Rollout Map the whole area is covered by Fibre: https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

But when I try to contact Eir sales (3 times now), with specific question about checking if the cabling is available, I have variously been told that no broadband is available in my area, they tried to sell me a broadband package without checking if broadband is available, and they just told me to contact sales.  Eir Customer Care on Chat is absolutely terrible in this regard and your email has been unavailable for years.  You don't even give a reference number where I can follow-up a request.

As Eir are the infrastructure owners, how do I confirm with Eir if the cabling is in the ground?
    Hi rb25.

If you could PM me your Eircode I would be happy to look into this for you.

-Ahren

Advertisement