Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily lower limit exceeded?

Options
  • 28-01-2019 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hello.
    On Friday 25th of January I added a new payee to my account. I sent them a 10,000 euro SEPA payment on that day, no problem. On Saturday I sent another 10,000 euro SEPA payment. On Sunday I tried to send 5,000 euro but I got an error saying: "Daily lower limit exceeded for the payment.". I tried again today and I get the same error. I'm not sure what's going on. A lower limit doesn't even make sense to me, I thought you could send any amount you want via SEPA payments?
    Please let me know if you can help. I am paying hospital bills and want to have paid before I leave the hospital.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi timsnewbridge,

Thanks for getting in touch today.

Transfers on 365 Online are subject to working day transfer limits. Where payments are requested on, or scheduled for, a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday, these payments will be processed on the next working day and will be subject to the limit for that working day.

The transfer limits depend on how the payee has been activated, please see our guide below:
    • There is a maximum total limit of €20,000 / £20,000 per working day for Payees that have been activated by a postal security code
    • There is a maximum total limit of €10,000 / £10,000 per working day for Payees that have been activated by SMS security code.

€20,000 / £20,000 is the maximum limit per working day and is reduced by payments to SMS activated Payees on that day also. If you need to avail of your full limit on a day it is recommended you pay to Payees activated by SMS security code first.

The message you received 'Daily Lower Limit Exceeded' relates to the €10000 limit for payees activated by SMS security code. The transfer you made on Saturday will be taken from today's limit and this will reset at 3.30pm today.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭timsnewbridge

Thank you very much, it did go through at 3.30
    Have a nice day!

David

Advertisement