Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlingford - Worth the investment?

Options
  • 28-01-2019 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, we are looking to buy in Carlingford in the next year or so, we have been a few times the town and really got a nice vibe off it.

Has anyone heard what its like to live there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I know from speaking with a couple of locals in the main town they have awful trouble with tourists, particularly the stag and hen parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭youcantakethat

I know from speaking with a couple of locals in the main town they have awful trouble with tourists, particularly the stag and hen parties.

Thats right, but if you live a bit outside Carlingford it can be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

Not sure if it’s true that there are some social housing going there, might be worth checking in detail maybe

I’ve been going there for years hiking . The stags and hens have really taken over the pubs and restaurants .....every single weekend. It’s such a pity . Yes it’s a lovely place especially outside the town but if you live there you will surely want to go into the town at weekends for meals etc. Personally I’d hate to have to deal with that madness every weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

uli84 wrote: »
    Not sure if it’s true that there are some social housing going there, might be worth checking in detail maybe

:D

or maybe Rich kids dude arseholes from other towns just full of pure anger.:rolleyes:

but yeah,social housing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

I think by law any scheme of houses built must have 10% social so in a way no town or village in the country is exempt.

Are there any plans for more housing developments in the area like what we see in Blackrock (maybe not to the same scale), or is it more once off houses that is going up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Certain gang and family members of a well known Limerick crime family are living out there.

Wouldnt go near it!

Advertisement