Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture disposal

Options
  • 28-01-2019 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if South Dublin County Council still runs a bulky waste collection service for furniture and the like? I saw a news article on it on their website but the article is from 2007 and I haven't been able to find any info on it anywhere else on their website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

If the Furniture is in a useable condition somewhere like Oxfam or Focus would probably take it

21/25

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Charities don't have the logistics to take furniture, by and large. Gumtree and a price of €0 will get rid of it very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Adverts.ie (free stuff section)
    Free trade.ie

Be gone in no time..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

There isn't a takeaway service like they used to have.

There is a skip for "bulky waste" at Ballyogan Recycling Centre but you'd have to get it up there and also pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Thanks. Unfortunately the furniture was not in re-usable condition so giving it away for free wasn't an option. Ended up going the "man with a van" route. Bit pricy but still worked out cheaper than having to rent a van myself and driving down to the recycling centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Spokes of Glory

To be clear, is the "man with a van" committing to dispose of it responsibly and legally for you ?

Advertisement