Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manager speaking on issue in front of whole office.

Options
  • 28-01-2019 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for peoples opinions on the above.

Just a background, will try to keep vague so as to not to out myself as i know some colleagues of mine use boards.

I work in an office environment of approx 25-35 people.

Last week one of the office managers came up to our section waving two pieces of paper around saying we have an issue, that somehow 2-3 items of the office shredding was put in the normal recycling bin instead of shredder. During this they held up the items and one of them was my letter (my letter was the only one clearly stating my name the others did not have the name being shown). i said to them i did not know how my item had got there and listed my procedure for shredding items and that i am always careful of how i dispose my letters. After having this conversation they then proceeded to the next sections of the office explaining same while clearly holding up my letter.

Now in my opinion, i would have preferred and found it more professional if they would have called me aside or down to their office and spoke to myself on same first to get an explanation instead of speaking of same through out the office and now i have colleagues talking about me and how i am not following procedure. They have tarnished by name in the office by doing this without confirming any details prior.

My question is would you go to management or not? I do not want to cause hassle and i know by speaking up that this other manager will make my life hell in here but i don't think it is right for them to get away with same.

Maybe i am completely over reacting, so i said id come to boards for an unbiased opinion.

Thanks

Advertisement